who Are we Rooting For In SOUTH AFRICA?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Jun 7, 2010.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im rooting for spain of course as my winners:cool: and as usual for the US to get as far as possible...but im hoping mexico blow and at least one african team surprises hopefully south africa (fingers crossed) and that nothing bad happens ala TOGO to any team...
    aaand that our south american compadres do well excluding brazil and argentina b/c i dislike them..for many reasons ..and also that this vorld cup goes as one not to forget like 2002.

wbu guys?

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good Thread Kid! Well since I choose them for the World Cup Contest, I gotta go with Argentina. Yeah Yeah, I know for 1/3 of you it's like eh, for the other 1/3 of you it's like those coincided bastards I hope they don't make it out of the group round, and for the remaining 1/3 of you it's like those bastards especially Messi who cried like a baby against us in La Paz. haha

All things considered, Messi has had an incredible 2 years (club wise) and I think he needs to prove it, not to the media and to us, but to himself that he is not just a club player but an International player and this is his time to shine and I think he's gonna do it. I think the energy and atmosphere of the WC will give him that boost he needs to go out and do what most people say he is destined to do. Will there be a hand of god/scoring from midfield all in the same game like performance? How crazy would that be?! And he is not alone . . . Tevez after proving people wrong when Man City defeated Man U in the FA cup with his performance . . . he's ready too. As much as I hate how they were cry babies about losing in La Paz in the altitude, how sweet would it be to say we defeated (well yeah i know a lot of people defeated them in the qualifiers but 6-1?!?!?!) the World Champs!?

But yeah, anyway how about we start a list of who said what and see how it turns out.

boliviankidd622 - Spain
    gringolimon - Messi, umm I mean Argentina.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was really rooting for Ivory Coast, as they have really good players, but Drogba out is a huge loss for them. They still have decent strikers but now instead of having him doubled team close to the box other teams will free up and be tougher on defense. Surprisingly many dont think Argentina will make it past the second round, but I think they can win the damn thing. I know Spain and Brazil are the favorites, but i think Maradona will surprise many. My vote is for the Argies.

4. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am rooting for the penta campones BRAZIL (hexa after this WC). I have never worn another countries jersey and I must confess that I’m tempting to wearing theirs…..

I am hoping that all South American teams make it to the second round. Mexico is a great team but I hate their fans…. So I’m whatever with them. Other then that I think Holland will go far.

Are any of the DC Metro people going to Dupont circle on Saturday?

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please leave your Bolivia member card on your way out, thanks.

South Africa or any other african team FTW, I wish all manner of disaster and failure on everybody else:D

6. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have Brazilian family and have been to Rio 3 times over the past 2 years. You can say that they are trying to convert me....

But yea your right! We dont want another wanna be argentine or brazuka... we have enough of those in Bolivia/DC.

Ill be sporting my Bolivian Jersey!!

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah if anything im completely 100% against for brazil winning it since its pretty much their in 2014 -_-

and i dont like messi and argentina since im a real madrid fan :p

lets go (a) african team ! and spain!...mostly south africa!!

8. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll be rooting for Chile to take it all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Chile has a beast team, and with Alexis Sanchez, i think they'll be la revelacion of this world cup.
    Alexis Sanchez is going to RIP IT !!!!!

9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm going to be rooting for BRAsIL! :cool: since i like the way that they play. and strongest rep from South America. the Fabiano Robinho combo is likely to do well too.I hope we see Alves playing central midfield with Maicon playing alongside.

Ill root for Argentina also because they play well. and because I like how Maradona is being undervalued , when in friendly matches, ARG has been effective.Messi,Tevez, Higuian are a killer combo to have a 4-3-3.

Also want the African teams to do well as i always favored them before. My favorites are Ghana and Nigeria, but i also want South Africa to advance alongside Uruguay.but Mexico also can advance.hope that their media and fan expectations don't mess them up.

rooting for US to beat England ,as much as i like the English squad, leaving Walcott out as a super sub is a mistake.

to take the whole thing. I'm going with Brazil

10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    List of who said what and see how it turns out.

boliviankidd622 - Spain
    gringolimon - Argentina
    vivabolivar - Argentina
    Che Matador - Brazil
    sergtp - Chile
    Dustyvinyl - Brazil

11. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry ppl... Argentina is gonna take this one :D

12. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

boliviankidd622 - Spain
    gringolimon - Argentina
    vivabolivar - Argentina
    Che Matador - Brazil
    sergtp - Chile
    Dustyvinyl - Brazil
    Eber1990 - Argentina

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow. more votes for Argentina to win it. i'm kind of surprised, considering everybody's been knocking them, saying they'll have a bad tournament and won't get good results.Maradona even said it. the more fans that count out Arg. the stronger they'll play

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think this will be Messi's coming out party. We might see something we have never seen before.

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Brazil or Argentina will win it. Most likely Brazil. They attack when needed and they are far more defensive then normal.

I don't think Spain is going to make it past quarterfinals. I think Chile is a better team tactically, but Spains defense is beast.

THis WC is going to either Brazil or Argentina. Brazil.

16. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, i bet messi has got something he's been hiding. this will be his WC. better make it count. Argentinas got so many attacking players. they're stacked up front.and not to mention the players that were left out

the thing about Spain , is that they pass the ball very much, I like it, but will it work in this WC?

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

boliviankidd622 - Spain
    gringolimon - Argentina
    vivabolivar - Argentina
    Che Matador - Brazil
    sergtp - Chile
    Dustyvinyl - Brazil
    Eber1990 - Argentina
    1MADDOG - Brazil

18. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I want Argentina I think they have the best squad, I would of cheered for Spain but it got to their heads. And plus Mardona supports our altitude. Other then that I will hope for the US to get atleast to the Quarterfinals. and Mexico to lose three straight and the rest of the Latin American countries to make it atleast to the second round.

19. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Spain has always been known to "Pass" the ball alot. Always.

Everyone spoke about them in the 94 WC, but they can only do that with teams that aren't very technical, like most european teams. Bolivia dominated that game, but lost. We killed them tactically, but they killed us strategically.

Spain can't do to Argentina, Brazil or even Chile what they would do to England or Germany. Spain will play the counter game with South American teams. Ugly, but very good strategy.

20. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA,Argentina,Brazil,Uruguay,Chile,Paraguay,Netherlands(if any european team deserves it its them, what a great f***** team)

I am rooting for Argentina to take it though.
    I predict Brazil vs Argentina final game.
    Spain vs England for 3rd place.

oh yea almost forgot mexico eliminated group stage muahahhaha while the US advances n kicks Englands ass!!!

21. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

boliviankidd622 - Spain
    gringolimon - Argentina
    vivabolivar - Argentina
    Che Matador - Brazil
    sergtp - Chile
    Dustyvinyl - Brazil
    Eber1990 - Argentina
    1MADDOG - Brazil
    atsegnorts - Argentina
    Piffy187 - Argentina

22. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm going for England. I know everyone hates them, but it's my winning eleven now fifa team since 96.

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    THe list is fun. But seriously, Chile? Sergtp, what??? I think Chile may make it to the quarters or semis, but they are sure to meet with Argentina or Brazil before hitting the final. Chile historically has never done well against these two teams. I think Chile can upset Spain, England and Netherlands, as they have a technical advantage, but Argentina and Brazil is stronger then them in every way possible (Speed, physicality, technicality, etc...).

I'm rooting for Chile too, but I don't see them making it to the final.

24. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

boliviankidd622 - Spain
    gringolimon - Argentina
    vivabolivar - Argentina
    Che Matador - Brazil
    sergtp - Chile
    Dustyvinyl - Brazil
    Eber1990 - Argentina
    1MADDOG - Brazil
    atsegnorts - Argentina
    Piffy187 - Argentina
    dsauna - England

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    So only 3 people chose Brazil and 5 chose Argies. LOL!!! One for Chile and one for England. THose two are funny. Chile or England will have to face Brazil or Argentina before reaching the final. Don't see neither beating one of those two teams.

I love how for once, the brackets allow for Argentina and Brazil to potentially meet in the final.