Who Are The Future Azzurri Superstars?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Gila11, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Gila11

Gila11 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's Start with Under 24. Try to mention name and team as well a brief description if possible. I will lead offwith some:

Forwards

Alberto Gilardino age 23(AC Milan): The Present and future Striker of Gli Azzurri. Eye for goal and ever opportunistic, hopefully a future carreer similar to one dutchman playing for Milan in the late 80's(Van Basten, one can hope).

Giampaolo Pazzini age 21(Fiorentina): This kid has impressed me much this year and looks to have a very bright future. His goals are very much highlight reel goals in that he has incredible striking ability. Height, speed and agression he has it all.

Giusseppe Rossi age 18(Man United)Born in U.S but playing for Italy: Have not seen much of this kid but remember the brits stealing him away from the Serie A and Alex Ferguson (the coach)has much praise for him, so much so that he compared him to a young Scholes with better finish around the goal(Scholes is also a favorite of Fergie). Skillful striker with the finish and stature reminiscent of Toto Schillacci.

Those are 3 Strikers to start I'd love to hear some more. I know there is a midfielder on loan from Juve (Chiementi I believe), he is born in Switzerland but I believe may play with the Azzurri anyone know more of this.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I moved the thread to the National Team section since it pertains to the Azzurri.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  4. Gila11

Gila11 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the info Sue, as you can tell by my limitted posts I am a newbie. Why don't we bring that link back up, Sue? I think we can add to that list, any chance of refreshing? Buon Natale a tutti!