Who are the favorites to win the WC 2022?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by MIGkiller, Mar 31, 2021.

?

Who will win in 2022?

1. Germany

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  2. France

33 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Brazil

54 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. Argentina

36 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Portugal

17 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Spain

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. England

14 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Netherlands

16 vote(s)
    9.5%
  9. Italy

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Belgium

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Other

24 vote(s)
    14.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    portuguese tears after nearly being 2-0 down and barely creating. What did you expect your mandatory penaldo to be handed out again :D

ganapordiego and Christina99 repped this.
  2. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Here, this is for you:

upload_2022-12-10_14-41-37.png

Christina99 and Cosmin10 repped this.
  3. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And Here we have the real Mr Pinto of big soccer

4. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yeah, Christina 99 is the most strident poster here, but also the quickest to complain about others.

She's like the Donald Trump of Argentina. :p

5. Fancy Suspect

Fancy Suspect Member

None
    France
    Oct 3, 2022
    :ROFLMAO:

Well that brings up some kind of hype at least, I guess hahaha

6. upload_2022-12-10_21-8-26.png

No yellow card after volleying the ball.

Kamtedrejt and celito repped this.
  7. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    France vs Croatia FINALE again? What do you all think?

8. Fancy Suspect

Fancy Suspect Member

None
    France
    Oct 3, 2022
    I am really split in two xD
    First of all, France vs Morocco has to be played, if they took out Spaniards, Portuguese and indirectly Belgians, we are nowhere safe if we dont give everything!

In case we go through however, I really don’t know. I wanted either Netherlands or Brazil, it would be Argentina or Croatia xD Well be it! Hope we make it far enough to meet any of those two.

If I had to make a prediction of Argentina vs Croatia, I would say Argentina win before PKs, because croatians will be dead tired after 2 extra time matches (I don’t forget 2018 semis however and am cautious xD)

If it goes to PKs however, Croatia all the way!

And then a final I would want, Argentina vs France would be tasty, but I’d be disgusted if we ever lost such a match, given some bad attitudes I’ve seen of Argies fans towards us before the WC even started, but Croatia vs France would also be great and confirm Croatia imo as a new football powerhouse.

Any of these finals our opponents would get that extra motivation for revenge (2018 was harsh on them) so it would be very intense I believe.

Anyway! I don’t wanna jinx anything xD France vs Morocco first, then we see where we are.

Domitian repped this.
  9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    It is strange. On one hand France is overcoming the curse, but it would be extremely rare for them to overcome it to point of winning the whole thing. At the same time, Morocco's run cannot last forever. On the other hand Argentina does not seem like a championship team, and I just cannot see Croatia winning the whole thing either.

Teams like England and Netherlands and Brazil and perhaps even Portugal, who were the most likely to win the whole thing, are out. So at this point if I had to choose I would say strangely enough France might overcome the curse. Same as Italy 2006, this edition would have the strangest and weakest champion team.

1994 Brazil was clearly the best team. 1998 France was strong, though the Brazil thing happened in the final but other than Brazil France also deserved it. 2002 Brazil clearly deserved it. 2006 Italy came out of nowhere. 2010 Spain was clearly the strongest team of the tournament. 2014 Germany deserved it. 2018 France deserved it. 2022... all the best teams are out and margins over one team over another are very thin.

10. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    This is an interesting sport. Other than becoming a big defensively tighter, this is the same Morocco team as 2018. In 2018 they could have also easily overcome Spain and Portugal but it didn't go their way and it was close. This time they didn't lack luck and instead got a bit of luck and with that luck they capitalized on it and also did their part and now they are in the semifinals. But it would be impossible for them to continue getting lucky or at least not unlucky to this point so deep into the tournament, something will have to give and they will have to falter against France.

11. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I think 2006 Italy was the strongest team. We didn't know much about them before it started but they really played amazingly.

12. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Croatia will get absolutely abused but you peons here will stay in your denial because the cognitive dis is too strong for you to admit that Argentina is actually better team and has better talent than your teams. Imagine thinking Croatia has any chance lmao

ganapordiego repped this.
  13. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Gotta stay humble.:speechless:

14. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Brazil clearly had more talent than Croatia.

But where are they now?

PJ234 and Kamtedrejt repped this.
  15. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Indeed. And Brazil has more talent than Argentina.
    I think we'll win but Croatia has all the reasons to believe they can win this one too.

Kamtedrejt, Cosmin10 and Hayaka repped this.
  16. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Nah Brazil has overhyped talent. How can we have lesser talent while having Messi lmao you trying to be too neutral here (also taking an L for your neutrality by actually picking Holland against your own team). We are better team and we beat them home at the Copa. People here act like Croatia isn't a huge underdog in this just comical

17. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Arg have less individual talent than Brazil, that is almost a fact. But that doesn't mean that Brazil is a better team or that .

My picks for QFs prediction were just for mufa purposes, nothing serious or neutral.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And how does Paredes not get a red ? Dude commits a clear yellow card foul and then slams the ball in the Dutch dugout.

19. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    France are among the four nations left the only one I can imagine as champions.

Anything but a French repeat would be a big big shock in my eyes.

20. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gotta stay humble... unless you are european

If you are european you can trashtalk every single team in the WC even if your NT never achieved anything. You can actually disrispect futbol nations with real history, futbol culture and the biggest talents in history, just cause you were born in some european nation. You can call Messi a "loser" and a "failure" even if he has more history and talent in his pinky toe that all the european teams you support, combined.

Its always like this and it will always be like this. The eurocentrism and xenophobia of this forum is actually staggering.

Its actually sad to see brasilian hermanos supporting this behaviour just cause you are salty. We argentinians always recognize your talent, and we respect eachother as rivals. They do this to you too, you know. Theres always gonna be a majority of users that would claim that some C-D tier uefa nation is miles better than Brazil or Argentina from some arbitrary reason. And many other pundits repeating it and continually disrispect 2 of the biggest futbol nations on earth.

ganapordiego and PJ234 repped this.
  21. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The europeans have to win their games first.

I know, mindlowing concept.

Just ask Netherlands, Portugal and England.

22. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    It's you who started all these talks about a so-called European snobbery.

Be happy and talk less shit to people from the Old Continent.

Your team is in the semi-finals so enjoy the tournament.

23. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    If you refered by any chance to me you are technically wrong.

Albania won a trophy. The 1946 Balkan Cup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Balkan_Cup

r0adrunner repped this.
  24. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #1999 Testator, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    They hate having to break down a disciplined defense. I am not having them as favorites against Morocco. The way Morocco defended against Portugal (at one point without 2 of their main CB-s) tells me France are likely to struggle, given they have nobody creative like Payet was. If they do go to the finals, they have to pray Argentina goes through, who can't defend that well.

25. That Pekerman dude keeps on boasting, while in fact the ref kept them in the running.
    And then Messi (my man of the match) has the nerves to call the ref out. If that ref did his job, about 5 of the team wouldnot be available in the semi, if they made it there then.

Kamtedrejt repped this.