Who are the favorites to win the WC 2022?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by MIGkiller, Mar 31, 2021.

?

Who will win in 2022?

1. Germany

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  2. France

33 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Brazil

54 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. Argentina

36 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Portugal

17 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Spain

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. England

14 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Netherlands

16 vote(s)
    9.5%
  9. Italy

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Belgium

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Other

24 vote(s)
    14.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Africa is the craddle of contemporary football.:) Berber people, Arabs, Western Africans, Angola, Mozambique - the football excellence. From those areas they came all the way to Ecuador, Brazil, Suriname, Canada, USA, England, France, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands.
    Your lol says a lot.:D Without migrations: Pavard, Rabiot, Veretout. C'est tout. Even Hernandez brothers, Lloris came from Spain, Griezmann from Germany/Portugal. Admit it, you have problems how to pronounce your team and write their surnames.:whistling:

2. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    With more running abilities, they would fit perfectly. Add a little bit of Tatum, Curry, Irving...

3. Fancy Suspect

Fancy Suspect Member

None
    France
    Oct 3, 2022
    Absolutely not. French names are overall very different altogether, anyway.
    I just wanted to state the total subjectivity of your arguments, although I don’t really feel like feeding another of these (in my opinion) toxic argumentations about origins, so please go on if you enjoy these, but don’t do like you know anything of my own self, because I don’t do it with you ;)

Now can we actually talk about football?

krakdol and MrOranjeBal repped this.
  4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Serbia played extremely well, especially in the first half. They controlled the game against Brazil in the first half which is HUGE. I was very impressed to be honest. Keep in mind Vlahovic and Kostic were not 100% fit and didn't start. They didn't attack a lot because they were playing cautiously and didn't want to risk being caught open in the back too much. Goal difference matters, and Brazil is a dangerous team to leave gaps against.

I was extremely impressed with the Serbian defense as well. They really denied Brazil a lot of great chances, and Brazil's goals were first pure luck / unlucky rebound, and pure world class (very hard to score). The fact that they needed those goals to beat Serbia says something.

5. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1805 Estuardo A. Lopez, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    Look, I usually do not like to get into these discussions but...to be nice, we can say that Brazil had Serbia by the throat. The Brazilian defense ended ALL Serbian attacks before they got too close and the midfield (Casemiro, what a truly magnificent player) erased Serbia, especially in the second half.
    I saw the game in 4K, maybe that is the reason I SAW the game differently than you.

Caldo Verde, Dominican Lou and Cosmin10 repped this.
  6. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Hakim Ziyech was born in Dronten, Netherlands. He feels very emotional during Moroccan anthem. He closed his eyes. Emotional turbulences are his heart testimonies. Born in Netherlands, surrounded with destinguished Dutch culture, values and Het Wilhelmus, but he grew up with feelings towards Morocco. Football really unites the world.:) I am not subjective, I only write what I see.

Embolo plays for Switzerland but he avoided to celebrate his goal against Cameroon.:) Why? It's all the same, you have a point: Paris, Amsterdam, Douala, N'Djamena, Accra, Munich, Bruxelles, Porto, Luanda...:)

7. Jon Stakes

Jon Stakes Member+

Egypt
    Nov 18, 2022
    So far:
    1. Brazil
    2. Spain
    3. France
    4. Portugal
    5. Morocco
    6. England
    7. Portugal
    8. Croatia
    9. Ecuador
    10. Senegal

8. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Morocco doesn't deserve to be in 5 just because of good performance in one match.

9. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    European teams must find players in Atlas mountain chain, Western Africa as soon as possible. Ziyech was excellent against Belgique.:)
    Europe needs depth, versatility and substance. Africa is the future of European football.:p

10. Jon Stakes

Jon Stakes Member+

Egypt
    Nov 18, 2022
    They played good in two matches. More than can be said about anyone below them like Argentina, Netherlands, England, Ecuador. (BTW Senegal too high, Netherlands on 10).

Who is you opinion deserves to be above them?

Portugal or Croatia can move above them based on match 2.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    So who is the fittest , strongest best organised team in the competition??

I need to put a bet on them to win the whole thing ..

12. Fancy Suspect

Fancy Suspect Member

None
    France
    Oct 3, 2022
    :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the good laugh mate! Totally knowing what is an emotion, feeling, and their relation to the word subjective.
    I know who I deal with now, hope there is a kind of Blacklist option in here, if not I will just ignore you for the rest of the tourmament.

EDIT: Awesome, ignore button is my friend xD No time wasted anymore.

_________
    _________

By the way, I still think the Netherlands could totally win this! I hope they go far, let’s see.
    But as stated many times already, of all the teams that played twice for now, France looking the most sharp, although we are having issues.

Looking forward to watching Spain vs Germany :inlove:

13. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    this shows your level of understanding, Belgium is a very average team with a couple of outstanding goals players

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  14. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I'd say the truth is somewhere in between what you both wrote, because, in reality, both Netherlands and Belgium suck. Netherlands were dominated by Ecuador and Belgium dominated in both games so far, including a game against a clearly average Canada side.

They both really suck. @Kamtedrejt , I'm hoping you revised your winner prediction because any team that gets dominated by Ecuador is not going to win the World Cup.

15. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wait, has he predicted that Netherlands are going to win last?

Cosmin10 repped this.
  16. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Yes. Predicted a Netherlands and Portugal final with Netherlands winning. There is nothing to support the Netherlands winning the tournament; not their recent form or current form. On top of that, they literally never beat Portugal in a competitive match. No offense to him but it was a prediction actually grounded in nothing.

celito and Cosmin10 repped this.
  17. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He kept talking a lot about gathering information and stats and past trends and whatnot.
    In the end it's as if he simply went with gut reaction or what his heart wanted to see happen.

celito and Cosmin10 repped this.
  18. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Lol agreed; Knowledgeable for sure but it did seem at the end he just decided rather randomly on the Netherlands. Which is odd, because, again, they suck. They were outshot 8-2 by Ecuador. Qatar had more shots against Ecuador, and less shots against.

Which means one thing about the Netherlands: They are absolutely awful. Like, seriously terrible. This isn't rocket science. They have one, stable top world-class performer: Van Dijk. De Ligt hasn't been an undisputed starter for Bayern over the course of the whole season, Depay is horse crap, De Jong can't hack it at Barcelona, etc. etc.

They suck and will be spanked out of this tournament well before the final.

19. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    At no point was Serbia ever controlling that game.

20. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Despite all the sturm und drang, I think this group stage is actually working out well for Germany. They will almost certainly beat Costa Rica, and it would take almost a Spanish collapse for Japan to beat Spain and prevent Germany from advancing.

By finishing second in the group, Germany will be in the easier bracket without Brazil, Argentina, and Spain of course. Portugal would be the opponent in the quarters, but Germany is Portugal's bogeyman. France would be there down the road as well, but I was not impressed with France against Denmark yesterday. So many injuries, and the French failed to provide much pressure on the ball. Brazil and Spain look stronger, IMO.

I now think Germany can reach the Final, and possibly win it all

spatz repped this.
  21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What an absolutely horrible take.

22. Jon Stakes

Jon Stakes Member+

Egypt
    Nov 18, 2022
    The "exceptional" Serbian defence is just as bad as Cameroon's

Cosmin10 and celito repped this.
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It wasn't Serbia's defense that looked good. It was the WHOLE team playing behind the ball. Many defenses look good in that setup. Serbia's defense look average vs Cameroon without that protection.

Kamtedrejt and Cosmin10 repped this.
  24. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Yeah I’m figuring that out now. I guess all defenses look good when playing behind the ball. Today the defense has really looked terrible.

25. Jon Stakes

Jon Stakes Member+

Egypt
    Nov 18, 2022
    Aboubakar still has it.

Kamtedrejt repped this.