Who are the favorites to win the WC 2022?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by MIGkiller, Mar 31, 2021.

?

Who will win in 2022?

1. Germany

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  2. France

33 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Brazil

54 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. Argentina

36 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Portugal

17 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Spain

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. England

14 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Netherlands

16 vote(s)
    9.5%
  9. Italy

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Belgium

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Other

24 vote(s)
    14.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    Fair enough , I think in general it is a pretty open tournament.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    At least we're not talking about Iran for a change. :D

verde-rubro repped this.
  3. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    I forgot to mention but Denmark is another team people can’t sleep on.

4. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Very true :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    I am Hungarian but I really like Ronaldo and respect his professionalism. Now that I am in my 40s I’ve studied his diet and how he takes care of his body and I have tried to mimic it.

And it’s not only Ronaldo but many other older players continue to perform quite admirably.

6. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :ROFLMAO: You just can’t hide from the DNA :ROFLMAO:

artielange84 repped this.
  7. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    I analyzed Frances game with Croatia and I’m not as impressed with France. As controversial as my opinion is, I think Portugal might be UEFAS best chance of winning the World Cup.

8. Matt E6

Matt E6 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 5, 2022
    You're Portuguese. Why not admit it, what's the shame in it? Nothing.

unclesox and Cosmin10 repped this.
  9. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    I am Hungarian and proud but Portugal has a strong team and I think they can very well win this tournament

10. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Portugal went out in the round of 16 at the Euros and couldn't even win their WC qualifying group. Where is this love for Portugal coming from all of a sudden?

Oh yeah, they beat the Swiss in a friendly. :rolleyes:

11. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    Have you looked at the players they have? Such a strong squad. I am a student of the game and analyze football meticulously as I did when I completed my medical school and residency.

12. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you under the impression that a team must repeat their performance from the previous tournament? Like do you literally believe that a team must repeat the last thing people remember? What Portugal love? A Portuguese user pretending to be Hungarian? I honestly thought you were one of more logical people on these forums, but I guess I misjudged.

13. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im not "proud" of beating Estonia and of course is always gonna be expected that Argentina trashes a team as bad as Estonia. Im just pointing out our results in response of the overused and crappy argument thats used here often when someone dares to say ARG or BRA are playing great ("you havent played EURO opposition, therefore your thriumps dont count"). And Estonia might not be an example of an UEFA typical team (or is it??) but we also did trash a canonical uefa superpower and euro champion 2021, and that apparently doesnt count for anything either.

When in this forum people outright say ARG or BRA arent even contenders because they play in CONMEBOL, I respond: CONMEBOL is a hard confederation at a high level. We might not have as many superpower nations as UEFA (but we still got 2 or 3 and that aint easy) but we also certainly dont have the Faroe Island, Litchenstein, San Marino, etc, which are even worse (way worse) than Estonia. Our overall level is much evened out and the average much higher.

All i want to point out is that people need to stop underestimating CONMEBOL and give us some credit. When we say ARG and BRA are playing great maybe thats TRUE and not a result of playing against weak opposition. Dont count us out as contenders. It doesnt mean a CONMEBOL team is gonna win, but at least you have to admit that we are serious contenders.

14. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Guy says he "analyzes football meticulously" and also says Portugal is main favorite because they won a NL match by a big margin and because their players play for big clubs.

Why are some people using statistics tools and stuff to analyze the game? it was as simple as browsing Wikipedia :ROFLMAO:

15. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    They seem to be peaking at the right time. They have such a high ceiling . Super talented squad . Remember that Benfica
    Dominated Europe in the 1960s under Hungarian coach bela guttman. They’ve always been a notable power even if their national team was mostly below par up until the 21st century.

My father was a big fan of Eusebio

16. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    You've been here since yesterday, and I've already seen you twice mention that you went to medical school.

Trying to impress us? Nobody cares.

onefineesq, dna77054, unclesox and 4 others repped this.
  17. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    Even my Hungary defeated Estonian 2-0 in November 2018 and I was at that game live. We should have won 5 of 6 nil. Most top or second tier European sides easily defeat Estonia.

18. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    I still think Argentina is quite strong. I also love Argentina quite a lot. I idolize Maradona. I would be happy if Argentina wins the copa. I don’t like Portugal but I respect them alot.

Christina99 repped this.
  19. Doctor Football 81

Jun 5, 2022
    The study of medicine requires a lot of commitment and attention to detail. I spent so many hours studying. I also devote a lot of time to studying football. I think it’s relevant to the discussion.

20. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    No, it is not relevant unless you show us some in-depth study or anything from your authorship about the topic in discussion.

I don't need a college degree to tell that Nuno Mendes is a good footballer.

brasileiragem, Christina99 and Cosmin10 repped this.
  21. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Most doctors I know are not very knowledgeable about football because they devote all their time to their medical practice.

If you know so much about football, I don't think I'd want you as my doctor. :p

22. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Yes, I’ve seen Pepe playing as I’m a die hard Real Madrid fan and Pepe is one of my favourite players of all time. His level is not the same anymore, as expected for a 39 yo.

And no, you are very wrong with that Brazilians vs Portugal statements. The majority loves Portugal and will support Portugal as their 2nd team in the World Cup given the close ties between the countries.

Even if I were one of the few Brazilians who dislikes the Portuguese national team, I wouldn’t be making my assessment based on whether I like a team or not. I’m obviously very much against Argentina since they are our biggest rivals and I don’t think you will find any posts of mine evaluating them poorly in this forum.

Cosmin10 and ganapordiego repped this.
  23. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can only speak for myself, but for me Brazil and Argentina are both top 5 or 6 most likely to win the WC. I just wouldn't waste so much time trying to prove to him that he's in fact wrong. If you love this sport and put this silly confederation bs aside, than you have to acknowledge that Argentina is looking amazing the last couple of years. Just keep in mind there are more people like me that focus on the teams and not the confederation they come from. I get how annoying it could be though. Trust me 90 to 95% of all Footy fans know that Argentina is a threat to anyone, even people from European countries like myself.

Christina99, Cosmin10 and ganapordiego repped this.
  24. Matt E6

Matt E6 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 5, 2022

lol

Just at how you are attempting to qualify your opinion, not that your opinion doesn't matter.

brasileiragem and Cosmin10 repped this.
  25. Matt E6

Matt E6 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 5, 2022
    I don't think anyone is counting you out as contenders. Brazil is favorites again after all.