Who’s your 2nd favorite team?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Ch(Elsey), Jul 6, 2005.

1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's acceptable. I grew up on Long Island, so I'm still an Islanders fan at heart. But when the CBJ arrived, they instantly became my number one NHL team. But since the Isles play in the opposite conference, I have no qualms whatsoever about rooting for both.

2. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of which who left the door open?

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this hasn't been your day.. but kiddo, you've come out with the best stuff I've ever seen you post. Classic.

And I should have made my opinion clear in my initial post that I find it repulsive that one could support two different clubs in the same league.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. If you can name the 1956 whoever's starting lineup even though you may not have been living, then you're a nerd.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Peter, tell us, what was the Crew's 1956 starting lineup... prove to us how truely nerdesque you are :)

6. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody calls it University football.

7. soccerwookie

soccerwookie New Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Crew, Browns, Indians, Cavs, Blue Jackets. That's about it.

My hockey whoring story though... when I first watched hockey I rooted for Chicago. Why? Picked up NHL '96 for the Genesis when it came out. Roenick, 97 rating. Mondo injury causing. Nuff said.

8. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's probably because the jocks:
    a) don't have the brains to be in actual university classes. that's why so many of them initially transfer in from junior colleges.
    b) the best most pro athletes ever get is a 2-year degree, so that's college, not university. most go pro before they ever get a 4-year or they were never good enough in classes to honestly graduate with a degree
    c) jocks are hardly true students, as they're too busy going to away games and practices to actually attend classes or do the work for those classes. then there are the profs that just let all athletes slide as a favor to the athletics department and not to feel the heat from the alumni association.

9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so proud of Fiddy, El Moderator.

Excellent stuff. I think that's probably the longest post on BS in which I actually read every word.