Whitecaps v Seattle

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by VegasNYC, May 20, 2012.

1. VegasNYC

VegasNYC Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gee what an entertaining game. Mattocks miss aside, it seemed like the best game in terms of quality i've seen all season. The atmosphere in BC Place sounded great also. I really hope to catch a Cascadia game one day as it sounds like really good fun.

However it's a bit frustrating to see the whitecaps keep losing leads in games. Lets hope they work on it as points are going begging.

2. ixadvent

ixadvent Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Despite missing the first 30min of the game due to CL, i thought over all it was a tense game. Its a shame we didn't finish off our chances. Also yes I hate to agree that it was disappointing to lose two leads in a game. After Camilo scores, I really thought that we were gona take the 3 points from Seattle, but no... Montero has to score...

I really think Lee had shown good personality and heart in today's game, his confrontation with Osv Alongso was awesome.

3. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    after watching the highlights of Seattle's goals, i got to see the effort by chiumiento on freddie's goal with only a short time left in the game-- he gives up the ball at about the Caps 40 yard spot and doesn't pursue and backtrack to help the defence, but instead shows that he is out of gas and slowly drifts back well behind the ball-- lazy, lazy, lazy! out of game shape for 90 minutes- must make rennie frustrated by 1 of his so-called star players... and the other 2- hassli (cant play effectively for 90 minutes) and camilio (not fully recovered from injury)-- sit on the bench until about 30 minutes are left-- all-in-all though, the caps put in a solid game albeit with a few mistakes that cost them the win-- caps still need a committed game-winner goal scorer IMO- relying on mr. eric just wont cut it, even when he does his terrific stuff once in awhile; robson in mf should make a difference when he adapts to the team and MLS

4. bgix

bgix Bad Penny

Jun 29, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry to say that I missed my first (Seattle involved) Cascadian road derby match in 4 years this weekend. (Too many activities, too short of weekend) But it sounded good on the TV, from both sides of the pitch.

I do really regret not seeing the oversized Cascadian flag tifo. They didn't show it on TV, and I was unaware of it until one of my buddies that made the trip told me about it afterwards. So far have only seen stills of it, but it looks great.

It was a pretty incredible match though.... I think I will be seeing that last naked header whiff by Zach Scott (to close stoppage time) in my nightmares.

5. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chiumiento may have lost the ball there, but I was actually pretty impressed with his play--offensive and defensive--for the rest of the game. I was a bit surprised when Rennie subbed him off, honestly. He'd just made a decent run and shot on net, and didn't look to me like he was out of gas.

The player who's disappointed me most the last couple games has been Davidson. Where was he at the top of the box when Montero got the ball? That's been his office for most of the season, and the WC have had clean sheets when he's taken care of business.

As for Hassli, his contract's up next year. I can see him coming back on a reduced salary and not taking up a DP spot. No way I'd keep him for the same money he makes now. He's too much into getting the one highlight-reel goal this year for my liking. And if Mattocks and Salgado continue developing as we've seen this year, it'll be increasingly harder to justify Hassli's spot.

6. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    [quote="dehun, post: 25734992, member: 195974"

As for Hassli, his contract's up next year. I can see him coming back on a reduced salary and not taking up a DP spot. No way I'd keep him for the same money he makes now. He's too much into getting the one highlight-reel goal this year for my liking. And if Mattocks and Salgado continue developing as we've seen this year, it'll be increasingly harder to justify Hassli's spot.[/quote]

totally agree with you

7. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    totally agree with you[/quote]

This sportie1 guy keeps spewing false information. Why do you say all this stuff? just to get attention?