Whitecaps Season Ticket Renewals Using Negative Option Billing

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by OldFan2015, Aug 22, 2016.

1. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    What do you think about this?

They are renewing season ticket packages automatically unless you manually go in and "opt out".

I wonder how many people who do not wish to commit to renewing, realize this. Yeah, we get a renewal email; however, unless you read the entire email (which many won't do), you are not aware of this and would just think "oh, I will think about it and call the club later".... only to find out they get billed in September.

I am not sure I like this tactic, nor so I like the renewals being so early. I wonder if this will upset anyone as I remember when the cable companies did it there was an outrage.

2. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    the caps are pushing/manipulating the season ticket renewal by going early- the situation with the team falling into the abyss will only get worse as the season comes to a crumbling end- its better to do it now rather than piss off more STHs by october/november and face many non-renewals

if this circus doesnt change for the better in 2017, then i will cancel my STs for 2018- i wont continue to be financially abused by a club run by owners who dont give a whit and wont make changes to make the team more competitive- what they do over the next 5-6 months will tell me a lot about what will happen- if i see the same coach and the same highest paid player still part of the club, along with a handful of soft players, then i have my answer

3. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Well, we can guarantee one thing. Greg Kerfoot will not be heard from, quoted, or photo graphed. And our mysterious executive chair will not have a word to say about the club either

4. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    well, it does piss me off that we rarely see 1/4 owners getting visibly and actively involved in representing the club- its crucial now that some owner shows concern about what is going on and shows an interest in righting a sinking ship- this year is too late, but what has been done in houston was a very positive statement and vancouver should take a page from them- and i dont mean some token visit and waving from steve nash

i do think things have been bubbling under the radar between the ownership and FO pres, bob lenarduzzi- which surely must be concerned with the sad state of affairs with the team and the negative publicity- its why bob was in SKC and went public about his displeasure with the tone of some of the players- its a a cannon being fired over their bows, so to speak

from the owners' and FO perspective , i would guess that they think they have given the coaching staff enough resources and autonomy to get the job done right- what we now know is that the coaches have done an abysmal job of recruiting and wasting the owners' money- as we know, the list of failures is extensive, mainly because of their obsession with finding players in CA and parts of SA in leagues that are not nearly good enough when compared to MLS- and some of the expensive players are flagrantly flaunting their disrespect and disinterest in the club and its great supporters

if vancouver looses the next 2 games, i would expect an immediate response to try to establish stability and credibility- only 1 thing could do that- and then start the house cleaning and rebuilding on the off-season

5. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Lost credibility: the quote from SKC head coach, peter vermes on tonight's game at BC Place

"We'll have to go in with another plan," he said. "We know they have an excellent team.

i dont know what soccer planet he is on, but it's a ridiculous statement- the whitecaps have moved from a middling team, to a weak team and is on the way to being a poor team- pure and simple- his statement is a load of crap!

The spin: head coach, carl robinson- quote- "If you're not going to score goals, you're not going to win games," said Robinson. "We need to address that, whether it's personnel change or a system change, we will. We've just got to get back to work."

we all know that no matter what, he will start pedro morales (if he is not injured which he looked like on saturday's game in SKC where he could barely run), go with a 4-2-3-1 (which rarely gets a goal- we now have a goal differential of -9) and bring on subs about the 60th minute if things are not going well- i dont have any confidence that any whitecap player can get a goal unless it is a PK or off an opponent's arse

Could it happen??: because SKC is a playoff hunt, they might choose a weaker team against another weak team in the Caps- the result has all the earmarks of a dull offensive match with 1 team in a severe drought and 1 team fielding a reserve team- its a coin toss as to who wins.. and really, does it matter??

The winding slope to the obvious: marc weber quote: But if the Caps want to sell some hope to a confounded fan base, coach Carl Robinson and the committee will have to carefully weigh their options for Tuesday.

confounded??
    it was obvious to me and a few others a long time ago- and its obvious now to most supporters- that the Cap team is just a poor mixture of players and weak talent, and it wont get any better without significant changes for 2017
    options?? what are they that will have a dramatic effect on tonight's game? bringing on kudo for perez? techera for bolanos? teibert for morales? bustos for mezquida? really!!??

6. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    OOPS!! i put that comment in the wrong whitecap forum

7. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    thats ok potato, we are used to you being a bit haphazzard