White Pulse's

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Nov 28, 2004.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread (feel free to move it!)

Just wanted to let people know that i've just seen a pair in a shop in town and they DO come with the Beckham logo on the tongue. They look alright. Just think they are going to get wrecked really easily especially this time of year.

They have the Adidas logo on the heel and the Beckham logo on the tongue.

appleCORR

2. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    PDS told me one boot has the Becks logo and the other has the Adidas logo... But yeah, every sample boot I saw in town today had the Becks logo...

Really disappointing... PDS should be warned about giving wrong info to customers! In their catalogue both L and R boots have the Adidas logo on them!

3. dex1

dex1 New Member

Mar 27, 2004
    England, Coventry.
    there samples boots tho, that adidas give em for photos nd crap. they dont get the retail version until a day or so before there actual release date so pds dont actually know until they come out.
    and is the blue tongue leather different because on the pics u see becks with em on they look like the same leather as off the supernovas toungue

4. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    Damn that;s really dissapointing. Was hoping to pick up a pair next year but now that it has a the Beckham logo on the tongue I think i'll pass.

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The picture on prodirect also have one blue tongue and white tongue. I dont like the pulses that much. But i was thinking about getting a pair of these because they looked nice. But when i saw them close up they are just rubish. And i cant see them lasting for more than a few games without getting absolutely trashed. I think they are more a Christmas release for little kids who want to have the same boots as Becks personally.

appleCORR

6. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    I was thinking of cancelling my order for the new boots, but I decided against it. Don't get me wrong, I do not like Beckham at all. But it is just I really really like the color combo for the boot. Really really a shame that the Becks logo is on it! =(

I think the lifespan of the Pulse varies a lot. My black pair last me 3 games and I got a refund for them, but my silver ones have lasted me a long long time and I even took it to play on really rough grounds, e.g. ash pitches!

7. furyboy999

furyboy999 New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    If these are them, there alreayd out If not well sorry for cluttering.

I think tere ok lookin boots.

[​IMG]

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah thats them. But they have the David Beckham logo on the tongue. I should have taken a picture of them i had my phone! - lol.

Like i said i was quite excited about these boots. And when i saw them today i thought i'd get a pair. But looking at them closely. They just dont seem worth the money to be honest. Dont get me wrong they are nice boots. And i've had white preds before (Champions league) and they were great boots. Just i don't know and please people dont be offended here if you love them but to me they just didnt look well made and looked a bit 'cheap' looking.

I think i was just expecting these boots to be a LOT nicer than they actually are.

appleCORR

9. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    I agree, the pictures look a lot nicer than the boots in reality. The finishing touch on the boots is not what you expect from such expensive boots. The all-white heelcap looks cheap. They should have made them two colours like white & silver or blue. Also the white K-Leather is not as nice as previous white Predators and the edges of the leather are very rough. Almost seems like it was cut with a blunt knife... Too bad it could have been such a nice boot if it was made in Germany instead of asian sweatshops.

10. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    I expected the White Pulse to be of higher quality too. My fav boot of all time is the CL Predator Precisions. And the white Pulse is the first Predator to be released since the CL ones that is colored white, so I was keen (maybe a bit too keen) on getting them.

Wouldn't it be nice if there's something like Nike ID for Adidas and we can mix and match the boot colors and order online? =)

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Well after hearing such criticisms I headed down to Sports Soccer to check the white Pulses, and I gotta say I was surprised at how decent they seemed given the disparagement they got in this thread. The white seems pearly, which I agree has been sorely missed since the CL's. Guess having seen them online for sooooo long b4 they came out (new to this preview game!) I wasn't appauled at the blueness of the tongue, guess I accepted the idea having seen it every day for months. Still doesn't make sense for the Real or England kits, but look good irregardless.
    Didn't take too good a look at the build quality, so mebe they do indeed fall down there. And I do see that the heel counter does look a bit like white plastic and cheapo, but not overly. As for the Becks logo, DEAL WITH IT! IT'S A SIGNATURE BOOT! U don't get Air Jordans without a jumpman or the oldskool wings! If u ain't feelin Becks, then why u wearin pulses? C'mon, the boots designed for him (in terms of tongue and strap), with aesthetics in mind, the pulses are as much a statement of fashion as they are practical. It's a style, and it's one based on Becks's (from the old accelerator days), so if u don't wanna immatate, don't perpetrate!
    Fool.

12. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Whatever man... Just think Beckham is not that good to have his own icon boot. Sure he's a guarentee for cash, but that's all to it really. See, did we complain when Ronaldo had his own R9 boots out ages ago? =)

Oh and please drop the wise sayings. I am too dumb (and foolish) to understand them. They make me dizzy. =)

13. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    If you were adidas, and you were making TONS of money from this Beckham thing...would you stop it? It's a good thing for them.

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No i wouldnt stop it. Its just a shame that the majority of people who buy the Beckham branded boots are kids. Maybe thats why the quality of the boot has come down? I mean, i used to love Preds. But as soon as the Pulses were released i stopped wearing them. I do own a pair of the black ones. But i just don't think they are as well made as they used to be.

But yeah Adidas are onto a great thing. But i think they'd be onto an even better thing if these boots were better quality and worth the money. Like the boots that they released a few years ago.

appleCORR

15. arcticduane

arcticduane Member

May 1, 2004
    Bradford, England
    The F-50s are sweet IMO the best boots ever. The F50+ are also looking hot. Nike can talk about lowering the quality of boots. The AZT90 III have been dubbed the worse ever apart from the all black ones wuth the chrome 90 circle.

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I don't say wise things, I just use long words to hide my tendency for circumlocution!

17. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    I have to admit that I am a sucker for white boots. Just the influence of the CL Preds!

I agree with you, applecorr, that Preds ain't worth the money anymore. I just HATE the plastic on the Pulse. Wonder why they put that in.... to make it less heavy?

18. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Well I guess it's the design that dictates the material there.

They wanted the design to have that split sole configuration, and to have the adidas stripes which go all the way round underneath. Now this would have worked on the F50s because they have that mesh there, but if the Pulses had leather there, the leather would get messed up really quickly.

To be honest (and I wear F50s, I haven't worn Pulses yet) I'd take the plastic, as long as it is solid and doesn't come away where it joins the rest of the boot, over the mesh because the mesh really lets in water.

19. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    Yea I agree, the F-50's are the best ever, i am going to get the +'s right when they come out.

20. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Got my pair today through the post. The leather feels a bit different. It seems to be a bit more 'stretched', or maybe they put something in it to toughen it up. I could be wrong tho, but still very impressed.

21. Ozymandias

Ozymandias New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Why does nobody ever say anything about the aveiros? They're just as good as the pulses, and maybe even a little bit better because they weigh less and don't fool around with the vamps that are all for show ayway. These are the best boots out there, in my oppinion.

22. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    I am sure that the Avieros are just as good as the Preds, but I mean looking a little more fashionable and more choice of colors won't hurt at all....

23. Ozymandias

Ozymandias New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Or could it? Best "style" for boots ever = Adidas Copa Mundial. Also the most comfortable boots ever.

24. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    I prefer something that looks more, shall I say, modern. But that's my own preference... Everything is down to personal preference anyways.