Whitbread to start for L'pool

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by cliffkram, Oct 26, 2004.

1. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    According to Morning Report, Zak is set to start for Liverpool in tonite's Carling Cup draw against Milwall because of the fatigue on most first team players playing matches so close together.

Hopefully he'll play strong and provide some good exposure for more Americans

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty cool news. He certainly needs to take advantage of this opportunity and provide L'pool with something to think about.

3. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And Rafa made it sound as if he's very open minded to using the reserves more often in the future. Let's hope Whitbread steps-up.

4. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Whitbread is BBC's MOTM.

WHAT THE ******** IS ARENA DOING!?!?!?!
    CAP HIM NOW FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    "Brilliant" was a word thrown out several times tonight by the announcers.

6. JoeDub83

JoeDub83 New Member

Oct 20, 2001
    MISSOULA,MT 420
    I bet Livrpool would be reluctant to release him for a while . Didnt he get injured when he joined the Olympic team? I'm sure Liverpool would want to see him go injury free the rest of the season at least....maybe in a friendly or Gold Cup Bruce will give him a cap. Just speculation.....

7. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004

Good to see him doing something well. Wouldn't cap him yet...maybe a friendly. He isn't first team and I think he has to be even if it is on loan or something. Where would we put him? I'm not quite sure where he plays in D but we have some rather good quality there already.

Oh and I looked on BBC and didn't see that he was MOTM. Actually in the write up it doesn' mention him at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/3947041.stm

8. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    The radio announcers named him MOTM. On 'Pools official site, the fan poll has Baros winning MOTM and Zak 2nd (it's all about goals after all).