News: Whitaker: Broadley Wants Game Against U.S.

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Taly, Jun 26, 2008.

1. studzup

studzup New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Winthrop;Kinsale,IRE

The Hungary game was a pre-WC 90 friendly. We played Malta here, at Rutgers, if memory serves. The North Korea loss occured after we had won the Gold Gup; that game was in the fall of 91.

It's coming to me now: the fall 90 friendly was against Portugal and it was Earnie Stewart's debut.

Anyway, let's send the A team to Bermuda to settle scores.

2. Branc3399

Branc3399 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Harrison
    Why bother? We should be looking at what will make us a better National Team not what will make Bermuda better. They lost against that team that they speak on their home field didn't they? What am I missing? He thinks his national team can beat a team comprised of the best of MLS? That's an insult. His team stinks. Very arrogant attitude after just getting his butt handed to him. We need to play friendlies against the world's best. Playing minnows does nothing for us. Argentina and Brazil play us in friendlies because we are the region's best and they must make out financially. Why don't they play Bermuda? Because it's a waste of time.

3. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    "Physically fit. Physically fit. Physically, physically, physically fit."

Dude, your avatar scares me every time.

4. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, yes I did.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Feb. 21, 1991. Our lineup that day:

Tony Meola; Jeff Agoos, Marcelo Balboa (John DeBrito), Jimmy Banks (Mark Santel), Troy Dayak; Paul Krumpe, Ronil Dufrene, Dominic Kinnear, Bruce Murray; Eric Wynalda, Peter Vermes.

That wasn't exactly an experimental lineup. Eight of the starters made a WC roster at one time in their careers and one of the one's that didn't, Kinnear, finished with over 50 caps.

Suffice to say, we've come a long way.

BTW, if anyone can tell me anything about Ronil Dufrene, I'd love to know more about him. USSF records say he earned 2 caps, both in 91 (the other came Feb. 1, 91 vs. the Swiss) besides what Wiki says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronil_Dufrene

Be nice to honor Clyde Best somehow at a game between the US and Bermuda. He was a great NASL player and a pioneer for black players in Europe.

6. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LMFAO!!! At that comment, your sig, and avy. Nice job. Anyways, wouldnt mind another friendly before our qualifier vs Guate.

7. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    I agree. The sig and avy are brilliant....... Chad for President......

8. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I borrowed the avatar from bostonsoccermdl - all praise due him.

9. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    dont forget bermuda almost got thru at expense of trinidad. if bermuda beat them at home we would be going to bermuda for a world cup qualifier