Whit/Simek/Spector - Getting a cap ?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by kinstlinger, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Marquis de Sage

Marquis de Sage New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    And the fact that US Soccer needs the media. If Rob Stone really thinks ESPN is going to get shut out at the next camp -- "If I was to release it, do you think I would have any credibility with them in the future regarding "journalistic" issues? I think you know that answer"--he's a little shortsighted. Maybe if this was the beat reporter from Chattanooga Express, but not ESPN. He wouldn't necessarily have the same "credibility," but he'd still get back in the door.

I have no problem with US Soccer asking for the names to be kept silent, but the media covering US Soccer has plenty of leverage, namely that they're actually covering US Soccer. And you could argue, on a higher level, that they're not doing they're job.

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Given how he handled getting tossed into the first team at Old Trafford this year, the boys more than capable of it. Let's just pray he doesn't pull a Bramble.

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    What are the possibilities that it could be DeMerit?

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would expect there's no chance it's a squad rotation player for an average club in the 2nd division.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I thought we weren't going to bring up Convey in every thread?

:D

Sorry

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Thanks, you're right, that's what I meant.

I think I got Kenny Cooper and Spector's parents confused. Cooper's the one with the English father. It looks like Spector will in fact get a cap tonight, which would be good for him.

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I agree. :)

This whole div thing is just getting more and more confusing with them changing it every 10 years. The first division became the premiership, the 2nd divsion, the 1st, et al. Then they changed what was the 1st division to the championship. Pure craziness!

8. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu

LOL!! Great stuff, Wahoo -- that's just too funny! :D