Whisper it quietly...

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    ...but...are they back?

A solid defence, a solid keeper, a competent midfield and even the strikers are starting to score....whatever happens this term we must finish above them!!

Does it look like they are back to anyone else?

It's what I dreamed of when I was younger, but with us being at the peak of powers so they could finish 2nd to us every year..we're not firing anywhere near the cylinders I dreamt of if this was to happen! :( :( shame really.

2. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Yeah, it does look like the unmentionables are starting to put some stuff together, but I dont think they can touch Chelsea, I dont think anyone can touch Chelsea for a while. We just need to sort out our defense and midfield, and the premiership might become a real interesting 3 way race.

3. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blasphemy! Stop it, we shall never lose to ***** in the league.

4. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Oh they're back. I hate to say it but the scum is back.......only to finish third to us. :D

5. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    My thoughts (fears) precisely, DS :(

6. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This here, very debatable. On a head to head, since Mourinho's arrival, it has seemed like the Scum have given that lot a run for their money more than anyone else. I loved watching the scum finish so low on the table the past couple of years. Many English game newbies don't even consider them a force, but now they are on the verge. I think you're right, DS, it seems like they're back. Shoot, if only we had gotten that CM when we needed it! :mad: At this point, games in hand counting, they lie above us. We need to take those matters into our own hands. :mad: Hey, we'll always have Sao Paolo ( :cool: ).

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well... that defence will hold together only so long. Hyppia will soon leave, he's about 85 now. They are in a purple patch now, but I highly doubt they are fixed forever, seeing as last season was a disaster in the league. They need to find a better way to accomodate Gerrard and Alonso first me thinks. Cisse is still crap and Crouch wont have defenders and goalkeepers combining to gift him goals forever... by the way, did u see him "dribble" the gk for one of his recent goals? he just ran in a straight line and the keeper fell over... hillarious.

No doubt they are a much improved team, I think they'll be more competitive... but I'm not sold that they are perrenial threats just yet. I'll have to see it last all the way through the season and halfway into next to believe it. Afterall, look at the runs we've put together and we're still crap :(

8. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You know, the sad thing is, if Chelsea weren't in the league, the good guys and the bad guys would probably be battleing for the league title this year.

I respect them. They're a real club, not a rich man's play thing. I welcome them being back, because I don't hold them in contempt, like I do Citeh, Chelsea, or Leeds.

Us and them - for the league - is how it should be.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They are back methinks, Its sad to see the era or United and Arsenal sort of fade out and the likes of 'pool and Chelski fade in.

They have a compact squad, a prolific player in every position, they work together well as a team, but their coach is still a die hard idiot, leaving out Cisse and constantly playing Morientes out of favoritism. Yet they still rack in wins and in style, For many more reasons I believe they'll continue to grow and become better next season, for now it's all about keeping up with them.

10. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I dunno Johno! They have plenty of money to buy whoever they want in defense right now. After their showing in the CL last year and so far this year(Im pretty sure that they will make it to 8 with a double over Benfica). They can buy new players. IMHO: They are back. :(

PS. SirManchester: I would take Morientes over Cisse any day(not trying to start argument).

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea based on overall form I would too, as for this moment, Cisse edges Morientes out quite a bit, he's been more instinctive, he's pacier, and contributes more to the team as opposed to Morientes who's been rather Ruud-like; just waits for passes in the box.

12. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Ah, so you just want Morientes to work. Well he's hurt for the next two games so we will get to see who works more. I dunno. ;)

13. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

How are you feeling today :eek: :D

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol, the ruud bashing continues...

Maybe I'm underestimating the scousers, but they eat rats in their council house... what more would you expect???

15. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

:D :D Hahah

16. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think you are right DS.

But I am gonna stay in denial for as long as I can.

So, no you are completely wrong. Disagree entirely.

17. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I think they're back and one top-class striker away from being a nigh on complete team (assuming they can replace Hyppia successfully). They have a central midfield we could only dream of right now but if we can solve that this summer then I think we've got more flair all round and, assuming Vidic works out, a defence just as impenetrable.

Could be an interesting few years ahead with 3 teams of equivalent strength chasing the title (I'm working on the assumption Henry leaves and Arsenal hit the doldrums for a year or two at least).

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    You are aware that they have had the backing of a wealthy family for decades right?One of the richest in England, probably Europe for that matter.

Perhaps you should take a gander, might make your post less laughable.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Then again, as far as I see it, they have played only two of the top teams in the league, one of which embarrassed them at home, the other holding them scoreless whilst in poor form.

20. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    By that criteria then you beat Liverpool, beat an out of form Arsenal (with some help from the ref) and lost to an out of form Man U - what does that say about Chelsea?

Credit where it's due - Benitez has done an excellent job with the scousers so far and is a couple of good signings away from making them a true force which can compete with the likes of you

21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah... liverpool may not be beating Arsenal, Chelsea and United every 3 weeks, but you can only beat whats in front of you and that's what they've done.

22. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    Yeah right now there consistant just like Chelsea and unfortunitly we cant say that

23. geronamo4444

geronamo4444 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    while liverpool are consistant right now, there is a reason they are as far back as they are from chelsea......
    and as we are at about the same footing as liverpool, how have we not been as consistant???????

24. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

For one thing, look at their last twelve matches, three points in each of them and look at their defensive record, they're just more solid and if they keep this up they'll get second place, they continue to win, no matter what, and we'll keep getting stupid results like that of last week against Birminham.

25. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will be 2 points ahead of us after they get their games in hand down, I believe. This is not good, we definatelly don't need to finish 3rd, especially behind L'Pool.