Which teams do you find the most uninteresting?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by anazarn, Jul 30, 2010.

?

Which two teams would you rather not watch?

1. C.D. Chivas USA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chicago Fire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Colorado Rapids

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Columbus Crew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. D.C. United

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. FC Dallas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Houston Dynamo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Kansas City Wizards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Los Angeles Galaxy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. New England Revolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. New York Red Bulls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Philadelphia Union

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Real Salt Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. San Jose Earthquakes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Seattle Sounders FC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Toronto FC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anazarn

anazarn Member

May 27, 2008
    El Paso
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple concept: If there is a game on ESPN or FSC which match-up would you most likely skip?

Some criteria for consideration and discussion:
    Atmosphere
    Coach quality/personality
    Player quality/personality
    Etc...

Try and keep homer biases out of your decision if possible.

2. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New England at home is an easy first choice.

3. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    My "biases" are based on whether or not a team has at least some offensive or individual threats. It's hard to watch games that could potentially end in 0-0 draws without serious chances from a particular side.

4. BringSoccerToIndy

May 24, 2008
    1001 West New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New England and Colorado. They are the Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks of MLS. Nothing interesting about them at all.

5. btharner

btharner Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Selinsgrove, Pa.
    Not true, as a Seahawks fan, it will be interesting if they win three games this season, but I digress.

I agree it is hard to watch Revs home games, just like it used to be hard to watch Red Bulls home games, it's amazing what a new venue can do.

I think that how the game is presented on TV makes a huge impact on my level of interest. Some of the local broadcasts on DK are simply awful, as are many of the FSC broadcasts.

6. lagalaxysoccerfan

lagalaxysoccerfan New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Riverside
    Chivas, Revs, and KC are the worst teams to watch overall for everything most obviously.

Also i went to a TFC game recently while I was on vacation and I wasnt impressed. First of all the team is boring, and the fans are nothing special. Its just a little corner of hardcore fans which you see at all MLS games. My opinion and evaluation.

7. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    New England (by far) and Colorado. Kansas City, Chivas, and Toronto are the next "most uninteresting" in my opinion.

8. NebraskaAddick

Aug 26, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like watching New England home games. It's not just the rug they play on, and the gridiron lines, and the lack of atmosphere, and the low fan turnout, but man, the coach wears an ugly tie, it just makes the whole thing unwatchable.

9. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    MLS isn't big enough to have any faceless teams that I pretty much forget about. The NHL and NBA are much worse in this regard.

10. DancingKevin

DancingKevin Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there anyway I can vote for this thread? lol :D J/k

11. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado. Yes, NE is bad but they do have solid players like Joseph and players like Nyassi (that can be terribly exciting one minute, then God-awful the next.) But Colorado? Just seems like a bunch of hard-workers that lack "flair." I watch them to see Claudio Lopez...and that's about it. Shame, really, as Colorado isn't a bad team...

12. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado. Not only is the team boring, but the atmosphere is non-existent. I can't remember ever being excited that the Rapids were on. Ever. Not when they wore green. Not when they wore blue/black, not in maroon. Colorado is and has always been the one team I've never hated/liked or been interested in at all.

FC Dallas, has had some good teams, and some heated games, but the atmosphere at PHP makes watching games there only slightly better than Gillette.

New England, their talented and competitive squads over the years have made up for the horror that is Gillette Stadium for soccer. Now that the team is equally as unimpressive, the Revolution take the cake for worst games in 2010.

13. TheRustyEunuch

Oct 16, 2007
    Medellín
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I hate watching Columbus. Colorado is obvious but going out on a limb i have to say I cannot stand watching Columbus. They seem so unathletic.

14. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There really isn't anyone I avoid watching, I watch every game I can. Or more to the point I have it turned on to the game even if I am not paying attention 100% of the match.

15. HAthemm17

HAthemm17 Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Kingston, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Those are my two favourite NFL teams and I'm not even a big NFL fan.

16. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well I will watch every game I get the chance to, but yeah I guess i agree with most people when they say NE. Unless of course they are playing Real. Also I used to cringe when I watched Seattle, but I have a feeling that "cringe" will shift to Chicago...

I'd say I'm more interested in which teams people like to watch more than teams they dont like to watch though.

17. BROSUF

BROSUF Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any Game that Max Bretos calls is one I will gladly listen to in any other language, regardless of if I understand one f.n word of it.

18. brandonplaysguitar

brandonplaysguitar New Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Minneapolis, USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody's mentioned San Jose?

19. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't really vote for Colorado since I don't see them often enough but they're not exactly sexy (it is Colorado). Can anyone tell me how that terrace thing is working out for them?

I actually like watching Kansas City. The small stadium doesn't exactly mean they're quiet and it's unique. They're also a decent team to watch.

New England...ugh. Outside of the Fort it's just a terrible viewing experience.

20. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NE and Colorado, in that (negative) order.

KC and Chivas have never held much interest for me, either. But KC is turning a corner, I think, and their new stadium is going to be a gem. Chivas just doesn't have a personality for me, because they don't have a home of their own; that is, "their" home belongs to another MLS club.

21. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd just like to point out that its no coincidence that the two front runners in this poll are also held by the two worst owners in the league.

22. Gallade

Gallade Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    This, with no offense to the SG trying their hardest. I picked NE in about half a second and then took a minute or two to narrow down Colorado as a second choice (there's just nothing that stands out except 'good at finishing 9th')

23. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    the two teams leading poll: own by worse owners in MLS.

24. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    For some reason Chicago bores me to tears. I don't really know why.

New England, obviously.

I can't believe so many people voted for Dallas. They're a great team to watch. Sure, the home atmosphere isn't the best, but the team itself is very entertaining.

25. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    now someone has