Which team will Koreans cheer for, China or Japan?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by WuTang2002, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    The nightmare comes true!! :)
    I personally will cheer for China.

2. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    Not too surprising given your alias. You don't necessarily have to cheer one side. I will watch the game with a scornful disdain on both sides. I hope both make fools out of themselves and AFC.

I hope china wins the cup and becomes THE joke of soccer fans all over the world. :D

3. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will be watching Major League Baseball.

4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I really don't mind either teams, but since my gf is Chinese, and have to go over to her house to watch the game, I am somewhat forced to cheer for them :D it really wouldn't make a difference for me if Japan won, though.

5. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I will cheer for China because I hope it gives them some boost to its NT and confidence to its fans. I think it's good to have a healthy rivalry among E.Asian teams. It will benefit all of us.

6. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Confidence...?? Confidence won by evil audience and sorry AFC can't be a real confidence once they go overseas and play against world's best teams.

It is ironic for Chinese fans in a sense that as much as they get harsh on the Japanese team, the Japanese team's got stronger and stronger mentally. I think wherever this Japanese team plays a football game in Asia, they can't be overwhelmed by any hostile audience.

7. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I gotta agree here with Yuke... Japan is one team that I see never get rattled, and they remain calm and collective in their games no matter where the match is played. They also have really good mentality; they get stronger as the match goes it seems, depicted by their excellent record in extra time or shootouts in last 5-10 or so years.

8. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea

Do you honestly believe that those fans really meant to do that? I have worked in Beijing for 3 months. From my experience with them, they do have some 中華 mind but not to the extent to be evil!

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My girlfriend is puerto rico so i'll be rooting for them... :D

No in all seriousness, i say China. I want to see China upset Japan and see the faces of those Japanese players. It would be like a Priceless Moment. Too bad it will most likely not to happen. Even if China wins, those chinese fans are gonna grow a big head now and think they are "All that" when they still suck at it.

10. Sky_

Sky_ New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    China NT "sucks" because we have no professional strikers, and no attacking midfielders talented as forwards. We put up like 36 crosses but none were really capitalized. Our possession and midfield is actually pretty good.

11. peterpeter1997

peterpeter1997 New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    CQ
    most of countries in east ,southeast asian will cheer for China.
    I personally will cheer for China!
    they will get the champion.

12. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    China. I dont want Nippon to win this tourney. My friend will be annoying if Japan wins this sh1t...!! But I say Nippon to win [JINX JINX] :D

13. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    I know people in Beijing are much more educated and displined, and I hope things are not going that far. But isn't that a fact that a Korean girl was beaten badly by Chinese fans when she was watching some sort of sports in China??

Anyway, it's safe when you talk to a hanful Chinese dudes in a party. But when things come down to involve a large number of people and national rivarly with bad emotional confrontations, then things can be a big, ugly mess.

You better know many of the Chinese who showed up to the Japan's games were not relly football fans. It is like they were there at the stadium to join a some big anti-Japan celemony. So, they don't give sh!t about the manners and responsibility of hosting a continental event. That's why I'm concerned about our people's security.

Usually, a nation that hosts an international event thinks it's a nation's shame when it fails to secure visiting players and fans. But in China...it seems they don't think that way.

14. frankfirepku

frankfirepku New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Chongqing
    we chinese call your luck "**************** luck",and your luck is worn out.

a complete Japan team is respectful,but not the team now.You should have been kicked out by Jordan.

15. frankfirepku

frankfirepku New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Chongqing
    I personally apologize for some chinese fans' action which caused hurt to that Korean girl if the description is true.I think it's a pity.

But never to Japan.Had they apologized for their evil action many years ago.No,they try to deny it,they fear to face their ugly history.

How can you stop booing at Japanese anthem if your grandpa is killed by Japanese soldiers?

16. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dude, it sounds like u want a AK-47 right now...calm down...

Past is the Past, u don't see us Koreans b*tching at u guys for helping North Korea in Korean war...

17. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I actually hope it would be akin to a World Series being played out by the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs... the world coming to an end because of either's inability to win...

Damn Iran for (1) knocking us out so we couldn't have the opportunity to stick it to China and then possibly Japan and (2) for losing to China and being unable to stick it to Japan for us. Iran is the only team in Asia that I don't get offended by.

With all the negative behavior being shown by China with their booing of the Kimigayo and relentless whistling of Japan's national team, hate to say it, but I wouldn't be sad if Japan won the Cup. So what if it's their third Asian Cup... I'd rather have it then the pandora's box of crap that would befall us should China win, even on penalties. Can you imagine the venomous "we are the best in the world" posts we'd be forcefed here on BigSoccer? Japan, even though they win, won't get all crazed about a tournament title because in a way, they know how to keep things in perspective. But a Chinese win in Beijing, it's gonna be like we all died and went to heaven...or hell.

Some are going to say, "how the hell can a Korean support a team whose nation committed wartime attrocities, etc, blah blah??" It's not that I forget those things.. but somehow the blind fanatical behavior of the Chinese fans and the audacity of the host nation in failing to provide proper infrastructure so crap like this doesn't arise makes me overlook history. No love is lost between Korea and Japan... but I really don't think that Japanese fans would feel unsafe in Korea and vice-versa. And booing of anthems reeks of uncivilized upbringing. We have just as many bones to pick with Japan but I've never heard Korean fans en mass boo the Kimigayo.

But as my brother was saying, the most ideal would be a 0-0 draw, and then penalties with each side continuing to score and score until finally at 5 am AFC decides to just cancel the final... but shiet, with the AFC doing such a superb job at organizing and manipulating the rules, this isn't such an inconceivable scenario.

18. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    I'm not sure why our government (or the emperor) has never apologized (However, even though our goverment has apologized, you'll sill never forgive us). The things *they* have done were awful. Lots Japanese understand you guys feelings. But at the same time, we cannot accept Chinese audiences attitude at the stadium. Why can't you take it as a game? Soccer game is nothing to do with politics. Besides, those players are not the one who killed your grand-pa. If Chinese do not understand the difference, then China should not be a host country for any games, including Olympics. Game is game. It's a sport. We do not expect any cheering from China, we understand it's rediculous. We know you hate Japanese. But booing is out of manner. Don't you think it's quite premitive? Only lower class people get into selfishly emotional. Hope Chinese someday can learn some kide of manners. You can hate Japanese, 'cuz you have reasons. But please do not bring them into sports. (By the way. If you really hate Japanese, then do not use cellphone. Most of the transmission equipment in big cities in China are Japanese!)

19. Ryocchin

Ryocchin New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Hey k_19, ca we watch this game on TV in Toronto? Which channel is it? I am in Toronto too.

20. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

I'll be busy watching paint dry.

21. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Yeah, how dare those peasants! The Japanese people donate all this advanced telecoms eqipment to China for free out of generosity and pity and they still dare to boo us? We need to invade manchuria again to teach them a lesson.

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    *coughs* Korean cellphones are better... :D

23. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    I know for those Chinese whose relatives were killed by the Japanese military can't help but boo our team. So, I've never protested against the fact that the Chinese are booing our team.

But physically attacking our players/fans is a crime. What I'm insisting here is to secure players and fans because China has agreed to host this tournament, and that means the nation is engaged to host visitors with good will unless the visitors are hooligans.

24. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Hey, our team is not at full strength, but why don't you just admit the fact that under-strength Japan has come all the way to the final through all the difficulties imposed by the sorry organization, refs and hostile people?

25. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Who cares who Koreans cheer for? They're OUT!