Which team has best chance to WIN CL in 05/06?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by BMike86, Jul 9, 2005.

1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering what the fellow posters of this site think. Vielen Dank!

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    The 3 favorites would certainly be Barca, Milan and Chelsea with Juve just a touch behind. I'd probably put Lyon right after that, although if they lose Essien, I'd like to see how they adjust.

3. Football Expert

Dec 31, 2004
    west indies
    You see............for me it's really hard to say whick team is GOING to win the champions league, mainly because they are so many quality teams.........and probably 65% of all teams going in have a good chance of winning.

But i would watch out for barcelona, real madrid and arsenal

4. Borruma

Borruma Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Dublin
    I think Milan will win it to make amends for the last two seasons, I have them playing Lyon in the Final.

Lokomotiv Moscow might be a good dark horse, My pick for the quarter finals:
    AC Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Lokomotiv, Olympique Lyon, PSV Eindhoven (or Real Madrid)

This is presuming that none of these teams are drawn against each other in the last16\ the groups.

EDIT: WTF are Celtic doing there? If they made the knockouts I'll offically change religion.

5. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    FC Porto is going to take it all!
    Co Adriaanse will lead us to glory...at least i hope so :)
    P.S. Some of the options included in the poll are hilarious, no FC Porto?! :mad:

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I think Real will be stronger next year and more determined...

Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Juve, Milan are the favourites. But in the past two CL's we have seen that anything can happen so you never know...

For the dark horses I shall put my money on Loko (should we friggin qualify)

But if Bilya and Loskov keep up their form, no-one is going to like coming to Cherkizovo ...

7. Hazzathewazza

Hazzathewazza New Member

May 30, 2005
    I think that there are so many teams who have a chance this year. I bet no one predicted Liverpool or Porto would win the champions league. A safe bet is to bet on one of the English, Italian, Spanish sides and Bayern Munich, but anyone could do it. Its the luck of the draw,injuries,suspension,domestic form etc

8. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    My favorites: Barcelona, Chelsea, AC Milan and Bayern München.

A few other teams to look out for would be Lyon(if they keep Essien), Liverpool(if their buys turn out good), PSV(their new midfield can turn out to be even better then the last one) and Juventus.

No Juventus with the absolute favorites bevause even though they have some great players they'll have to prove to me first they can be effective in knock-out rounds.

No Ajax, but in a few years the entire wold will want to buy the likes of Wesley Sneijder, Hedwiges Maduro, Edgar Manucharyan, Jeffrey Sarpong and Ryan Babel. Even though the world isn't that smart, considering no club wants to buy Trabelsi, Maxwell and Pienaar.

9. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chelsea, Barce and Milan will be the favourites, if Lyon lose Essien then i think they'll struggle, Liverpool will get better so don't right them off, Bayern and Juve will be strong as useral

10. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to make my notion for Bayern right now because they are a bit underrated because they play in the Bundesliga. The Bundesliga is a weak league but that is because Bayern consumes the talent and makes a super team like the teams on top of the leagues in England and Spain. Bayern will field a great team this term on the pitch with Schweinsteiger getting more and more experience and Deisler is also becoming a star since he is finally healthy for a good amount of time in his career. It also helps having a Brazilian international by the name of Ze Roberto finishing off your midfield. They also helped out there defenders Lucio and Sagnol by picking up Valerien Ismael. All we need is Kahn to try to get remotely close to the form he was about 5 years ago and we will do just fine :D . Oh yea, and Makaay is not that bad either :p

11. __Dynamite__

__Dynamite__ Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Krusa (Denmark)
    My darkhorse is Schalke 04, my bet is AC Milan.

With Gilardino, they will be less dependent on Shevchenko and even stronger than last year.

And after Porto and Liverpool its time for a favorite to win this cup.

12. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    let me show you some math

Real Madrid + Robinho = ALL TITLES WON

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ..riiiiight.....

My favorites are Bayern, Chelsea and Barcelona....and of course Milan and Juve who are always consistent.

14. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I voted Juventus. That defense is rock-solid and in the
    transfer window they've done very, very well (witness
    their bargain purchase of the Fiorentina trio). I also expect
    that Nedved will return to form. It won't be easy to budge
    them, all in all.

Chelsea is the other team that strikes me as top contender.

I see why people are voting for Milan (look at their quality),
    but something tells me that team needs to visit a shrink
    before it can win the CL again. I read that Gattuso told
    a journalist, "It will be a long time before I can recover from
    the trauma of Istanbul, maybe it's a scar that will never
    go away," etc. The nerves are shaky.

15. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA

ya....'cause Real doesn't have any other good strikers, do they?

16. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Robinho is overated.Podolski is a much better player than him.

17. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to say Chelsea, they don't seem to be working on any kind of a budget.

But then for something like this, even the team with the best chance still has a relatively small chance.

If you roll a pair of dice, 7 is the number most likely to come up, but it's not more likely than all the other numbers combined.

18. SiempreFutbol

SiempreFutbol New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Granite Falls
    I think Barca will make it this year.

19. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

i agree with barca. if juve get vieria, i think they have a solid chance of winning it.

but to be honest, who the hell knows.

20. Fekking HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Brannigan

Brannigan New Member

May 17, 2005
    La Coruña
    Barcelona has proved many times that CL is too big a competition for them. It will be between Real Madrid, Milan and Chelsea.

22. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Surely you are joking? Not much of a problem with Barcelona and Real but ARSENAL? Since when have Arsenal ever been a threat in Europe? They've never been past the quarter final in the CL!!! Liverpool have a more realistic chance than Arsenal. Personally I don't think playing at Highbury The Library does them any favours.

The team with the most BOTTLE and never say die attitude has a great chance. Whoever that may be this year I don't know but that counts for a lot. It can be crucial. Milan can only suffer from their 'choker' status. Two years on the trot they have suffered humilating loses. Besides, that team has reached it's peak. I don't think Milan will reach another CL final for many years to come.

Winners? Take your pick. It could be anybody (within reason). Football is like that. I'm surprised that some people still don't understand that.

23. TheOriginalLilJon

TheOriginalLilJon New Member

May 9, 2005
    Florida
    The CL winner will come out of Spain. Their initals are FCB.

24. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes you are right their initials are FCB.

Lang lebend FC BAYERN MUNCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

25. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I think you're completely wrong.

To answer the thread Barca, Chelsea, and Milan are most likely to succeed.