Which sport is your "first love"?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    What a question :rolleyes:

Football of course.

2. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gridiron/American Football or Football(Soccer)....LOL! :D

3. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    The one and only Football , strangely called soccer by americans ? :confused:

Why do you call it soccer by the way ?

4. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    It's not an amercian thing. They just one of the first to use the term offically rather than only common usage. It's British believe or not. There many reason why it should be used.

Read though this thread. It only about a couple of pages to review.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401608

:cool:

Hang loose guys

5. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006

thanks

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

What?

7. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This question is kind of iffy because I love college and olympic bball, yet, I don't care for the NBA to much anymore. And while I love the NFL, I can't get into college football.

8. timpcrk

timpcrk New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Bloomington
    I'm from Indiana, so that might explain my choice of basketball. I could play basketball anytime and I watch at least one college game a night during the season. Plus I'm pretty sure I had an anxiety attack last February when IU went on a losing streak before Mike Davis resigned. Lastly, the greatest championship in any sport every March. I cannot stand the NBA though, I barely consider it basketball.
    I also watch pretty much every St. Louis Cardinals game during the summer. Did anyone else go crazy for that Bennett grand slam this week, over the Cubs none the less?
    I cheer passionately for IU's soccer team, best in the country; and the USMNT. But unless Indy or more likely St. Louis gets an MLS team I can't seem to get too passionate about club games. Though I always manage to pick a side for the Champions League final.
    I also go to all IU's home football games, and cheer for the Colts and Notre Dame (in football only, look up IU's football history).
    Lastly I usually get into Wimbledon and the US Open (which started this week). How great would it be if Agassi won? If not Andre then I'm going with James Blake.

9. bestbecks

bestbecks Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Ottawa, ON
    I have to agree with you there. Lived and growing up in and around the Toronto area my roots feel directly tied into the Toronto Maple Leafs and ice hockey in general. From the day I could watch sport it has always been hockey. But this poll is tearing me apart. Soccer is my love as well. To choose between them is like having to choose between your children. it's impossible for me. Hockey or soccer, it doesn't matter I could watch either/or any day of any week. Now if you set up 2 tv sets your having a laugh!

10. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    i love soccer to watch.

and volei to play, before sucessive shoulder dislocation.

now, only bodybuilding.

11. ax319

ax319 New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    Since most of the people on this board are Soccer fans, I think a better poll would be what sport after soccer do you follow most passionately?

12. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Actually, I was more curious if soccer takes precendence over any other sport, rather than which sport(s) they follow.

13. EEUU

EEUU Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Massapequa, NY USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmm interesting. Definitely indicative of the way the country feels as a whole, I'm sure.

14. ax319

ax319 New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    Well this being a soccer board, the fact that soccer is first love for the majority is to be expected, but it is only indicative of BigSoccer members not the country as a whole.

15. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    considering that this is a soccer website and not a sports website i would of been surprised if soccer didnt come in first.

16. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I play golf. I'm fairly good at it ( 7 handicap ). I would rather watch a Liverpool football match than the Greater Hartford Open. But I'd watch the Masters Tournament over the Carling Cup final, if I had to choose.

I wouldn't cuz I have a DVR, but if I did....

17. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that you've discovered that the overwhelming percentage favor soccer, maybe it's time to ask what sport is our second love.

18. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Eat shit and die! :p ;)

19. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Metro Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Loved soccer since day one or at least since I can remember. All the rest are a distant 2nd3rd etc...

20. TheCanuck

TheCanuck New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Scarborough
    TML. Nuff said.

21. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    This poll would have been more interesting if it excluded the most obvious option.

22. LittleMaradona

Feb 25, 2001
    Texas High School Football...

23. Yabasic

Yabasic New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Rugby has always been my favourite sport. I play a lot of it plus I'm a big watcher of it as well.

24. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    on "bigsoccer.com" i'm not really suprised the first choice is also the most popular choice ...
    :D

25. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Obviously fútbol ("soccer" you say over there)