Which Shoes to Get?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by lefty24, Nov 30, 2004.

1. lefty24

lefty24 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm deciding what shoes to get and I'm looking at:

Nike Mercurial Talaria FG
    Nike Mercurial Vapor FG
    Adidas Predator Pulsion TRX FG
    Adidas Predator Pulse TRX FG

Now I'm only 16 years old so I'm on a budget but I can earn the money for the more expensive ones.

So if some people can just tell me what they think about these shoes or problems they had or heard about (like some people say the vapors give them pain with kicking) So I wouldd just like some info on these shoes or give me any suggestions on other shoes.

2. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go try them on and figure out which feel the best. You should also try on other shoes like Attivas and F50s.

3. hectordagreat11

hectordagreat11 New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    dont get talarias! they are uncomfortable...go with the vapors or look at the f50...very nike lookin boots

4. Ricardinho_Uk

Ricardinho_Uk Member

Dec 28, 2003
    uk
    from that lot u posted IMO the pulse will be the most comfortable and probably last the longest the vapours will look the best probably be less comfortable IMO

5. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    If ur feet r still growing, personally I'd avoid the vapors due to the problems of sizing and blisters. On the same vein, the Talaria's prolly should be avoided as they prolly have same problem with blisters without the upside of being vapors. The Pulsions look horribly cheap in comparison to the pulses, so I'd say either Pulses (a decent boot that I was disappointed by for the Predator line) or Vapors (if u don't expect possible blisters to be a problem). To me when ur shelling out £60-70 for boots it's worth the extre £20-30 for the top-line model, to me the talaria's and pulsions are evil as they're just designed for kids whose parents won't fork out full price for Becks/Henry's boots, they r cheap horrible heinous things designed to mimic the look, u really would be better advised spending the money talaria's cost on say a pair of Copa's or other boots priced more on WORTH than image.

But saying that, THE most important thing is color, so it all depends on wot kit ur team wears: Navy/White the Becks 2 Pulse, any other color & white then White/Gold vapors (gold vapors work, they just do!), u get the idea!

6. Skaog

Skaog Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got the Adidias Aveiros. They are very nice, Almost the same as the Predators, just without the predator rubber stuff. plus they are lighter than the predators and cost a lot less. right around 100 bucks.
    I have only used them twice, but they are very nice and feel like I spent 200 on them.

7. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    go pick up the air zoom total 90 ii's on www.eastbay.com theyre really cheap i got a pair fer 45 bucks...they retailed for almost 200 bucks....amazing boots!!!

i woudl pick the Pulses's over the Vapors....but it depends on whether it rains a lot where u live, and what kind of player u are

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've never had any blisters from my vapors. And if you wanted vapors then the talaria is a good cheaper alternative. But they arent as well made as the vapors.

The best thing is to go with whatever boot you feel most comfortable in. At the end of the day you can get everyones opinion but you are the person who has to wear and play in the boot. So just go with what feels best for you.

Personally i prefer the vapors over the preds. But its just whatever you feel comfortable in and the boot you feel you could play the best in.

appleCORR

9. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    You should go out and find yourself a pair of puma shudohs!!!

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Rock on, Skoag, my man, rock on. You're the only other Aveiro user I've encountered in my two (ish) years here. Why don't more people use them?

11. Skaog

Skaog Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are not flashly. Avieros are just a good solid boot made for someone who wants top end preformance with out all the fair of the predators.
    but they work very well and I like them and for the money I paid they are unbeatable.