Which Religion is 'right'?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by obie, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evangelicals: Jesus will literally float back down to earth from the sky

And these people voted for...

I mean hey, if Ian can start a PETA thread, why can't we have a rapture thread?

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Evangelicals: Jesus will literally float back down to earth from the sky

Can we kill this thread and hope it isn't ressurected?

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Actually, those are Mormons, not evangelicals. I think. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on their website.

4. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do Mormons drive nice cars? Because you know, all these "Christians" waiting for the rapture seem to drive Chevy Citations and '87 Ford Ranger pickups. I'm looking for a nice Ferrari.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It'll be resurrected by Ian in 72 hours.

6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

My guess, however, is that if there is any validity to rapture theology, he'll be brought up, pimp-slapped a few times, then sent back down to apologize and set the record straight. For it is written, "I correct and punish everyone I love" (Revelation 3:19).

So, in short, if you want to get one of his rides, you'll have to work fast.

7. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

True. Instead of Bible thumping, they Book of Mormom thump. The mechanics aren't quite the same, but it's just as annoying.

8. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is becoming clear is this=>

The Evangelists and Conservatives Pray To Jesus!
    The Atheists and Liberals Pray To Satan!

Dear God Help Us!

IntheNet

9. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles

I y'am what I y'am and that's all that I y'am--Popeye:1938

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Atheists pray? I must have missed something...

11. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

there are no athiests in foxholes...

12. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's why he's our favorite troll.

13. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Joke #974 that went over your head.

Addendumb: since when do athiests pray?

14. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ

Speak for yourself.

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This cliche is way past its sell-by date.

16. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast

I used to work in the airlines with a guy. Well I didn't work with him, he came on the planes after the passengers left to clean it up. He used to carry a camera everywhere, in a bag with a shoulder strap and a belt so it wouldn't be in his way. I asked him one day "Why?"
    It was just in case one day, he said. Jesus would come back to earth (On a 727) he could take his photo and perhaps have someone take one of him and Jesus together. (I could imagine Jesus doing the rabbit ears thingy with him) He was a totally nice guy and good at his job so it couldn't have been Ian. But each to his own, he was happy.

As an aside. I caught him one day with a piece of tube about 3/4 in dia. He'd sharpened one end and had pressed it into his bald head (Yes, he did) many times and into these bloody perfect 3/4 inch circles he was taping hair from different parts of his body with Scotch tape.
    He went away soon after this, nobody seemed to know where.
    Perhaps to start his own clinic.

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

So, what is so strange about Jesus floating back to earth? According to the Bible (i think it is in the book of Acts) Jesus floated up to the heavens.

I am not an expert in air flotation, but I suspect it is easier for a floater to float down than to float up. So, if it was written for the record that he was able to float up...

18. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's the essential difference between believers and non-believers, I suppose.

Remember, only 11 people are reported to have watched the Ascension, and none of them wrote about it. The only Gospel that may have been written by an eyewitness (John) has no account of it.

19. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OH GOODIE!!!!!

A thread begun so that people can make fun of other people's religious beliefs!!!!!

I guess this will show how "open minded" and "nuanced" and "sensitive to others" they are.

You people are really so far beyond the pale that it boggles the imagination.

And you have the gall to call other people "bigots"????

20. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ

I've always wondered why it was socially acceptable to make fun of people gathered together to await the return of the alien mothership to take them back to planet Zeblon, but it was not acceptable to make fun of people gathered together to await the second coming of the son of god to lift them up into heaven. Help me out here.

21. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And yes, these are Mormons, not Evangelicals. Not that any of these mopes know the difference.

I just wonder how long it would take the mods to close a thread that mocked the Shia Muslims for believeing that the Twelfth Imam, who lived in the 8th Century, is not dead but rather in hiding someplace.

Five seconds? Ten?

Religious bigotry is religious bigotry, except to you guys who feel that all religions are due respect except Christianity.

And the Moderators are largely to blame

This Forum is a disgrace, and I'm sorry I came back.

And I'm gone. Bye.

22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Muslims: Thousand Year Old Man Will Come Out Of Hiding Soon

What a bunch of pinheads Muslims are: believeing that the Twelver Imam is actually just hiding someplace and will return.

What a joke THAT religion is.

Hey, I have an idea: let's start the "Mindless religious Bigotry Forum"

23. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunni Muslims Believe Mohammed Rode a Horse to Heaven!!!!!!

Honest!!! They think he got on a WHite Stallion at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and rode that baby all the way up to heaven to be with Allah!!!

What a bunch of retards those Sunnis are.

24. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's All Laugh at Bhuddists!!

Hey, come on - these guys worship images of a fat guy.

OK, so he's jolly and all, but cripes: could they at least wear normal clothes?

Those Bhuddists sure are peculiar - let's hate them.

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Muslims: Thousand Year Old Man Will Come Out Of Hiding Soon

Actually he is about twelve hundred years old. But it is really not that strange when you consider that the Imam number twelve never smoke or drank, exercised regularly and kept a strict low-fat diet.