Which Players Would Probably Start for Any Country?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by skybolt, Sep 16, 2014.

1. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    If hypothetically speaking teams around the world were given an opportunity to choose any player they want from across the world to start on their national team, which players would probably be chosen by every single team (including the US, Japan and Germany)? I'm only talking about the starting 11 (even if playing out of position) and not bench players.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would go with this team

gk.........................................Byrne(Ireland)

df..Dunn(US)......Sesselmann(Canada).....Saurbrunn(US).........Pennel-Harder(Denmark)

md.......Hansen(Norway).........Necib(France).....Kessler(Germany)...........Marta(Brazil)

fwd............Kawasumi(Japan).....................Shelin(Sweden)

3. AlexJ17

AlexJ17 Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Byrne over Solo? Why?

Also Harder does not play defense!
    I don´t even think Marta would start for every team and and maybe not even Morgan, Necib, Kawasumi etc. because there style doesn´t exactly fit with every team.

I would however play like this,
    Solo
    Mayer, Saurbrunn, Renard, Hourara
    Necib, Maroszan, Little
    Kawasumi, Press, Morgan

4. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    My gut tells me that Marozsan, Morgan, Marta and Vero would start on any team in the world. Each of these players has unique abilities to be inserted into any line-up, and they can each make something out of nothing. I think Press has a chance as well. Unfortunately for Solo and Angerer they cancel each other out so I can't see the US or Germany changing keepers. Necib is a fantastic player but needs better conditioning to play for a team like Germany. Schelin has all the attributes, but tends to disappear in important matches.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marozsan has the ability, but sometimes gets lazy or indifferent in games when her team isn't being challenged enough. I guess it comes from playing club at Frankfurt, a team made out of all NT players, usually facing another Bundesliga team with zero NT's.

Though she was injured during the early nwsl season, Morgan's numbers were far from impressive; 6 goals on 56 shots in 14 games for the season, while getting an atrocious 16 off side. I doubt she made the leagues all-star team

She might be a dribbling wizard, but Vero is SLOW!

Marta is the only one I would take on my list

6. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    The problem was that Morgan was out injured for almost 9 months, and still needs to get back to her old self after such a long layoff. I think she'll be the first person to admit that she's capable of a lot more, especially with respect to her touch near the goal mouth area. In many of the matches I saw her play in she looked dead tired after 70 minutes, which is uncharacteristic of her.