Which players upgraded their chances with the WC teams in this tournament?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Excape Goat, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Brazil: Adraino definitely sent Ronaldo a stronge message, but in actuality, Ronaldo will probably start. Cicinho and Gilbero did enough and should stay in the picture.

Argentina: Coloccini had some bad moments, but he did very well thoughout the tournament. He should be the starter ahead of Samuel. Luciano Figueroa also increases his chance on the team. I never heard of Santana before this Cup and I liked him. I do not think he will be on the WC team, but he should play into consideration.

Germany: Schweinsteiger and Podolski played themselves into a lmost certain lock for the starting lineup. Before this cup, people uquestioned their experienses on bigger stage. Perhaps Hanke is now a certain on the WC team. Deisler also silenced their critics!!!

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo and Adriano were set to start together in this tournament before Ronaldo was given his vacation. They will likely start together in the August friendly and September qualifiers.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So who is the fall guy? Robinho?

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes.

However, if the two big forwards don't work so well together we should eventually expect to see a Robinho, Ronaldo partnership.

5. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lots of players from Mexico did. Everyone was critizizing Oswaldo sanchez (mexico's keeper) that he was not the same as he was a year ago. He really came back in this tournament. He already has offers in Spain. Same goes for Borgetti. He wasn't even supposed to play Confederations Cup but when they let Cuauhtemoc Blanco have his vacation time, Borgetti got called up. Fans and the press were REALLY questioning him, but now he's back into form!

Without a shadow of a doubt, CARLOS SALCIDO! This kid was so **********ing AWESOME! He even made Ronaldinho look bad at one point in the Brazil game! Gonzalo Pineda also played very well.

I think Robinho also sent Ronaldo a message! I also really liked Cicinho this tournament. I also think juan should start over Roque Junior.

Oguro from Japan also impressed me. Figueroa from Argentina. Podolski & Schweinsteiger from Germany.