Which players should stay or go home next year???????

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Elvis Minaya, Aug 23, 2009.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about Mendes and Mbuta (thanks JCO). I could live with keeping both as bench options) if they're not too expensive.

2. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angel has to stay. He's no Reyna. Comes back from injury and scores 2.

And don't give me crap about looking for younger version, ala Montero. Dude has 1 less goal than Freddy, and look which team he's playing on. Angel is the real deal, and will be for another year (especially if we have another DP that controls the game in the midfield.)

3. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Guys, dont be surprised if JPA wins the golden boots. He has 9 goals only 2 less than the leader Conor Casey.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    We are in a mess of big proportions, that we liked or not, only a person who knows the actual players we have can resolve, no body else, I mean Richie....

We can't change and will not find all the substitutes needed to clean the house the way we will like to be cleaned, so, we will have to keep some players that to our taste we don't want to keep, but we haven't other alternative...

So, the first thing we need to do is, to dismiss only the players that really, really we want they to disappear for good of our life, like: Rojas, Goldy, Boyens, Pacheco and Johnson and:

And put in trial and depend of the performances of: Celades, Krupnick, Garcia, Obster, Mbuta in the last games (7) of the season, make a decision of which of them stay or not...

That not mean that the ones not mention here will definitely stay either, all of them have to demonstrate why they must stay, For sure:

We have to take in consideration that we will need more than five (5) new defenders task no to Chevy to comply, beside that, another GK, a CAM (DP) a Left winger and at least one very good striker, beside what we can have from the draft or the acadamy teams....

This is a nine (9) players to look for, no to easy to find...

Is a shame that we never taste player like: Kassel, Duka, Chingarze, Agudelo, Agunbiyi, Johny X, etc, etc, at this time or at the end of this year if the ex-Coach used his head and not just thinking in him pockets, we will find up before the pre-season who will be ready to fill any empty spot of the roster, but now we have to start from the beginning and all that will bring a lot of problems....But:

If they bring all this kids plus three (3) good draftees, the fan will understand and even if we dint assemble a Champion team, we can assemble a wining team and the fans will come to see those kids and applaud them for they effort, plays and wining games....

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a nice thought, but I wouldn't bet on Angel outpacing some of the others fighting for this. Don't get me wrong, I think he's better at finishing than anyone else in this league. I just don't think he has the team behind him to make it a reality.

6. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Can you dig this men....

Three traffic cones from Dead Bulls has been called to assist they MNT:

Pacheco El Salvador, Johnson Costa Rica and Boyens Newzeland has been called to play for they MNT next week, I hope they can't find the way back and stay over there for good....

7. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Well thought out, but two additional points:

1) The few bright spots we've seen of Kandji have been against horrific teams (ex San Jose). Whenever he was in the lineup long enough in a 4-4-2 with Angel upfront, they had no chemistry whatsoever. He's always "injured" to the point where even Tab Ramos is questioning this guy's pain threshold.

2) Dane Richards may be the dumbest guy in MLS. Occasionally, he'll have a good game against a bad team (like against Dallas) because of his speed giving us hope that he'll turn it around like his good performance in the playoffs. I think Angel's eyes are sore from all of his staredowns whenever Richards doesn't get him the ball.

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    We have to start for the Grands Pa's here:

Angel...........will be 34 in October
    Celades........will be 34 in September
    Krupnick........is 30 year old and isn't getting better
    Petke............will be 34 next January
    Rojas............will be 33 "
    Wally............will be 34 "

Angel have a guaranty contract until the end of 2010, if not I seriously thing the best thing is to send him packing, he can't play more than two games in a row no more...

Celades get to go, period....

Krupnick if don't show nothing better than what he has show now, kick him out....

Petke will be better for him and the team to retire, he is to slow for this BS......

Rojas kick his ass, now...

Wally if we find a substitute, is better for him and the team to retire...

9. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So let me get this straight....

You want to kick the best striker in the league and the best defender on our team to the curb?

Celedes has shown some good flashes, I think he maybe a product of poor coaching lets see where the next 7 games takes us.

10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Are you watching the game?....

The numbers some time don't say the whole true, Angel have 9 goals but five of them were penalties, no one against him...That don say much about him after 22 games he been playing...

11. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's had no service the whole year. you can't expect him to light up the goal when no one could get him the ball.

12. kawandinho

kawandinho New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remain firm on this Dane Richards is good MLS ball player but Osorio makes anyone look bad. Bruce Arena Arguably the best Manager in MLS thougth he was a terrific winger and used him as a starter the whole season. He did have a good year last year too. this year has been bad for every player on this team not just him.

13. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angel has only made two penalties this year.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t107/stats/index.jsp?club=t107

14. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    At this point, the Red Bulls need to find new players before they think of letting anyone go, except maybe Rojas, who was terrible today. Put it another way, New York are positioned to make moves through the draft and in the league, plus acquire a second DP; but that is only a handful. Considering that few foreign players have made an impact for this club. Period. I'd say that the best thing is to get a few truly quality veterans either as DP or through trade. Draft a couple of excellent young guns and promote one or two from the youth system. That would be 4-6 players. But you simply can't, I repeat can't expect to drop 6 players without knowing that their replacements are actually better. And you can't dismiss 8, 10, 12 players and expect to win anything. The most pressing needs are at center mid, left mid and central defender. Those should be veterans and IMO the CM should be the second DP. But grab a few talented young Americans and you keep the bottom line low while adding the kind of players who are hungry and ready to compete.

15. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After two RW games i would keep:
    Condoul aggresive
    Angel still has game
    woly makes angel better
    richards always a threat if attacks
    Petke heart/sould
    Johnson looks solid with RW
    Boyens good with RW
    Hall: play him at mid
    Stams: solid
    Zims; aggresive with thick neck, good shot
    RW soccer is fun to watch again as a RB fan
    Kanjiman pot'l is there to be great, RW may get it out of him
    Borman better than any LB we've had in years

Dump
    Goldberg: always chasing(out of position and watching and now card machine
    Rojas not good enough for CM
    Cepero too small, beat up top too often
    Pathetic non hustler, out of position like Goldy
    Ubi: cant finish or pass to same team in offenseive 1/3, regressing, gets winded easy
    Mbuta let him go if can't ever play for us, thought he was good
    Oebster: too fragile and can't win a 50/50 ball
    Garcia: had enough of him already
    Krapnik overpriced mediocre, slow player
    Oldlades: too slow and injury prone it seems
    Agass need we say anything else
    Sassano we can do better for sub

16. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Bull shit, he throw way more then 60 opportunities he has for cruxes or passes, missing or simple screwing the play....In this game against Columbus (8/30/09), he was completely absent, AWOL, he made lousy passes and loose the ball all the time, like I say, he can't play two games in e row, he at 34 and sick with spondylosis is gone for good, and now thanks to the stupid late coach that give guaranty contract to every body, we have to keep him for 2010, loosing the chance to pick another good player....