Which players from Guadalajara would want to see in Chivas USA?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Chivo, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Name some.

2. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Re: Which players from Gadalajara would want to see in Chivas USA?

Marco Parra (has he played much this year??) and Francisco Palencia. IMO those are realistic players for CDCU.

3. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX

All of 'em!!! :D

But seriously...I would love to see Ramon Morales, Palencia and Bofo Bautista. The others are coming into their prime and just taking off. Morales is at his peak now and could bring a lot more on the field than say Ramon Ramirez can.

Omar Bravo --- if Bravo came over -- I think I'd seriously think about moving to LA just to see him play all the time -- seriously!

In the final 3rd and in between the sticks is where I see our weakest points right now but of course it's only our first season and only our second game...so that's kind of harsh but then again that's a Chivas Fan for you...always expect the best. I do have to say that I'm pleased with the flow of their game. A lot of teams are still trying to find their flow and I think we've got it we just need to finish our opportunities.

4. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

There are many Club Guadalajara players i would like to see reinforce CD Chivas USA but because they are national team players and with WC qualifying underway the chances of seeing them playing in MLS is very slim. One of the most likely candidates is Paco Palencia, he was set to join Chivas USA at the start of the season but wanted to play Copa Libertadores. He has agreed to join the MLS club at the end of the season but nothing is certain yet.

Rafael Medina should also be considered. He is one of the most underated players in the MFL, but one of the best Mexican midfielders. He can play both defensive and offensive roles, has good speed and dribbling skills. My final pick goes to Oscar Talavera, if and only if Pulpo Zuniga doesnt recover and Brad Guzan keeps making his rookie mistakes.. Two players should be ideal for strenghtening the team..

5. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

who the hell is oscar talavera? :confused:

6. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

I meant Alfredo Talavera :eek:

7. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego

I would pick Sol and Palencia because they are getting on in years. I would also send Talavera because we need a good goalkeeper and he could actually play as a starter instead of being on the bench. Finally I would send Vela since he doesn't get much game time @ CD Guadalajara.

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Chivo,

Totaly unaceptable, the only players that should come to Chivas USA are players that will be commited to the club, not just passing by untill they regain their best form. In that sense unless Vela is willing to play more than one season in MLS he shouldnt even be considered. I mentioned R.Medina and Palencia because they are experienced players that could help the club overcome a difficult season.

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002

I agree. This shouldn't be Chivas' second division team. I hope that all the players who come here are committed to MLS and playing in the US at least for now. If their long range goal is to play for Chivas fine but they should want to win with Chivas USA first and foremost.

10. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI

Are you serious VS? You'd want Rafa Medina to play in MLS?

I mean I root for Chivas USA, even though I think its a marketing gimick... because they have some of our youth players, and are giving a chance for young latino players in the US.

I also know you guys who are real fans of the team want the best for your team, more so than me since some of you are primarily Chvias USA fans.

But as a Guadalajara fan would you really be pleased to see Rafa leave for MLS in the prime of his career? Ditto for others at or reaching their peaks.

Talavera I can see since he could use the playing time, and could be at Chivas USA for maybe 2 years or so, during which Oswaldo will still probably start for Guadalajara.

11. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

birria usa can take maza rodriguez.

12. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX

Okay man after watching the last game against FC Dallas I have come to my final decision!

GOING OUT THE DOOR
    - Arturo Torres - out
    - Matt Taylor - out
    - Guzan - out as 1st team GK and onto the reserves for the next 2 seasons maybe 3?!?!
    - Antonio Martinez - out (why they call him Chiva when he looks runs as slow as a vaca?)

COMING IN THE DOOR
    - Francisco Palencia - replaces Matt Taylor
    - Henry Ring - Talavera is great but I think we need someone that can walk in the door and bring something with his good work ethic and obvious GK ability
    - No replacement for Torres just slot Thiba over to the right, place Romo in as central forward and Palencia on the left forward position.

Changes
    - Play Mendoza a lot more..the guy's got skills and has done well even though his game against FC Dallas was sub par IMHO
    - Last but certainly not least "FIND A NEW COACH"!!!!!!!!! or just let Ledesma take over OFFICIALLY!!!!

Okay I'm done...back to work....

13. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope Palencia comes over eventually. As much as I don't follow or support Chivas USA, Chivas Guad.. or the mexican national team, he's such a great athlete and so exciting to watch. I've watched many chivas matches just to see him play.

The day he arrives is the day I attend my first Chivas USA home game.

Go Galaxy!

14. Futbolfan77

Futbolfan77 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Upland, CA

I'd like to see Oswaldo Sanchez, becuase Guzman sucks, but I know the chances of Sanchez coming to Chivas USA are very slim.

15. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guzman is awful, should have taken Ring.

16. ciuperci

ciuperci New Member

May 10, 2004

Henry Ring is still available. Last I hear he's out of a spot and selling Real Estate here in Chicago. He was a very good Goalie last year for the Fire (he was an Allstar!!!) I can't figure out why nobody picked him up!!!

17. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

$$$$$ for a probable back up

18. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

from what ive seen so far and from what i can remember from a couple of years ago. zuniga is not much better than guzan.

19. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego

For defense Maza or Johnny, for forwards Palencia and Vela (both are good finishers), as midfielder Sol, and as goaly Talavera.

20. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001

Please no Maza.......:p

21. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI

I thought Zuniga was a very solid keeper in his prime.

He had a tendancy to make some really good reaction saves (hence the nickname "El Pulpo", also has kinda long arms I think) but at times make some errors too.

So overall he was pretty good but never really good enough to be a NT keeper.

Now at, what, 35? and several years from regular futbol I wouldn't expect for him to come in a dominate at the position. Especially after the injury, he may be really rusty and out of shape.

He will probably be decent but........ don't expect great things.

From what I've seen Guzan has been responsible for a few goals but by and large its also defensive breakdowns that sometimes hang him out to dry. At a few other times its been credible plays by the oppositions offense.

I'd be willing to bet Guzan will be a good pro keeper in 2 to 3 years time.

22. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX

Guzan sucks right now...but after some of the saves he made Saturday night...I can see where he'd be better in 2 years. I think it sucks that he's thrown into the fire but like I've said before he's a professional now...walk the walk. I was actually pleased with his performance. Many quality saves...NOBODY could've saved Cobi's goal. Wall didn't jump (Cuadros) to block Kirovski's goal...that's 2 not at fault for Guzan. 1 goal actually that he could've saved but couldn't. So that's not that bad even with the several saves he made in addition to that??? not that bad by the youngster..

23. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego

We can't just blame Rongen, Vergara did underestimate the quality of the MLS.