Which player would everyone like to see get capped next?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by sprite19, Apr 30, 2003.

1. sprite19

sprite19 New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I know that there a lot of great players on the youth national teams, colleges and even high schools. So which player do you feel deserves to play for the full national team?

My vote goes to Leslie Osborne of Santa Clara. One word: versatility.

2. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Jess Ballweg, central jersey product. Gotta represent the talent i've played against(just cuz heather is already capped)

3. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    If you're talking about people who have never been capped in their lives, I would guess that Kristin Luckenbill is not a bad choice if about six goalkeepers break their legs ....

4. grendel

grendel New Member

Nov 15, 2002
    Osborne certainly impressed in last year's College Cup. I think she's now moved from the U-19's to the U-21's. I suspect her future with the Nats will depend on how well she fills Aly Wagner's shoes at Santa Clara.

Other players I'd keep an eye on are Joanna Lohman of PSU and Lindsey Huie of Portland.

Oh, and has Veronica Zepeda of SCU been capped with the WNT? If she can ever solve the shin splint problem, she's got some wicked speed and ball skills.

5. NYC ugly

NYC ugly Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Very near my computer
    Abby Crumpton of the Beat. She's going to be a WUSA star player. Hopefully for the red, white and blue as well.

6. 6thMan

6thMan New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Give Kylie Bivens another cap. She works so hard, all of the time. She is an impact player especially from the defensive postion.

I find it interesting that all of these posts so far are Santa Clara players and alumni. Way to go Jerry Smith!

7. tiej

tiej New Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Winston Salem, NC
    Devvyn Hawkins needs to be on that team.

8. SoccerUSA1

SoccerUSA1 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Bradenton, Florida
    Megan Kakadelas. Damn that girl is fast.

9. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    i like to see my sister Andrea plays for nat team, she is so good, i'm a biggest fan of hers

10. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heinrichs has seen some 4 or 5 dozen players in the USWNT uniform over the past three years. With WWC'03 only 5 months away we should not be looking to cap new players. We should be looking to whittle the current pool down to the 20 best (and most viral-resistant ;) ) players to defend the WWC trophy.

11. 6thMan

6thMan New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    That may be true but she should reconsider some of her choices!