Which Non-Rev do you follow?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Revs-West, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Revs-West

Revs-West Member

Mar 24, 2004
    (*Warning: This is a thinly veiled psych test)

I always try to catch the Dallas matches when Ronnie O'Brien plays. There is just something about his enthusiasm and grittiness that makes him fun to watch. There's a JMM quality about him.

2. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Renee Zellweger.

Last I checked, she was non-Rev.

Kevin D.

3. StartaRevolution

StartaRevolution New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falmouth,MA
    I think everyone in the league is going to be following Eddie Johnson this year. It is too bad he can't open the Frisco Stadium up with a bang for a while though. Another one of my favorites is Andy Herron, his next season could be something special as well.

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definately Ronnie O'Brein. I would love to see this guy in a Revs uniform.

Years back I said the same about Steve Ralston.

5. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we are talking still in MLS, then I'd have to say that I like Eddie Gaven. He was my #1 draft choice that year and I have tried to follow him since.

Outside of MLS, John O'Brien has always been someone I like to check up on.

6. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside MLS, i try to keep taps on all the yanks abord, lataly i think everone has been watching Landon. In MLS i don't follow players has much has teams. Scine moving to TX i'd have start taking a liking to FC Dallas. With Ronnie O'Brian and EJ. It seams there are a lot of other revs fans here do the same.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I follow ex-Revs.

8. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Speaking of ex-Revs, I have a friend in Glasgow who is a huge Partick Thistle supporter and supposedly Paul Keegan had a trial with the Jags about a month ago.

He told me that manager Dick Campbell basically thought Keego was "utter shite" after a few trial matches.

Unfortunately, aside from my friend, I have no other source for this, but an interesting tidbit, none-the-less.

9. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must admit to being an O'Brian fan. Jason Kreis as well, that goes way back. Have added Brian Ching to the list more recently due to Nats performance and fantasy league play.

Fav. Ex-Revs I have followed were Teddy, Ian Feuer, and everyone's favorite cousin, Richard Goulooze. This year, I guess I'll follow Rusty, (hoping he can stay healthy), and Brian out at RSL. Plus Adin in Norway.

Oh, and another non-Rev I'll be monitoring will be Maria Sharapova.

10. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah me too on this one. Too bad he plays for the Metros but that kid did some insane stuff last year. That goal where he cut the ball back to his left and juked the defender out of his shorts was something else.

11. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Josh Wolff, Jon Busch domestically (along with the entire Heartland Division of the PDL)

Internationally--Ronaldinho Gaucho, vanNilsterooy

I guess that with the psych testing, that makes me a vertically challenged underachiever who loves to see defenders get punished by guys with long hair? Got to be something Freudian there....doesn't there?

Three words-- "Le Flip Flap" Check out the "montajes videos" on this site www.ronaldinho10.com Use the Spanish version of the site, it seems easier to me than deciphering French.

12. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jason Varitek.

What?

13. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O'brien fan here too,,,,I like Mulrooney, always thought he was a good hard nosed player.....gonna nice seeing them play together

14. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Carlos Gamarra.

Jose Saturnino Cardozo.

15. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
    I enjoyed watching Eskandarian last year...except for this one certain game....which was it? Eddir Gaven is also exciting.

Old faces in new places I'm looking forward to: Mulrooney in Dallas, Mathis at RSL, Ramon Ramirez at Chivas and John Thorrington in Chicago.

16. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like to watch andy williams...always liked him. and daniel hernandez and Ruud.

Keira Knightley is nice to watch too; right Greg Lalas?

17. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    I was a DH fan too - although it's hard to follow him now at Necaxa. Some didn't like his attitude, but he's an old-style football player.

I remember a game where Eddie Pope nearly crippled Taylor Twellman from behind with with a knee to the back. Typically, he didn't even get a card. Not much more than five minutes DH simply destroyed Pope on a 50/50 ball. Eddie never look the same for the rest of the game and must have been picking turf out of teeth for days.

As for the young guys, I must admit that EJ, Eskandrian, Gaven, and Glenn are fun to watch.

Guys I least like to watch: Guevara (simply ruins the game with his whining and cheating), Whitfield, Mullan (who I think is a certifiable loon), and Waibel.

18. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jim Curtin is a pretty solid player. Sometimes it's nice to watch a defender who isn't constantly losing his marks.

19. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Heaps fan?

20. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    What's that like?
    :rolleyes:

21. Tobas

Tobas Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Littleton, MA
    The main non-rev players I like to watch and follow in MLS are:
    MET - Gaven
    DCU - Adu, Esky, Moreno
    CHI - Curtan, Armas
    CLB - Martino, Buddle, Marshall
    KCW - Preki, Wolff
    DAL - EJ, OBrien
    COL - Mastro
    LAG - Marshall
    SJE - Ching, Clark
    RSL - Mathis, Pope, Pierce, Kamler
    CDC - ??

To a lesser extent the rest of MLS. As for me it is my favorate league in any sport.
    I also tend to follow many USNATs abroad.

22. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
    Well so much for that idea. Apparently he's heading back to Mexico.

Yipes. Is Vergara going to raid his other clubs (some more) or what? Things are not looking good for CDC.

23. HiBall

HiBall New Member

Jul 25, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY
    I like Davy Arnaud. He had some crazy goals last year. Any chance he'll crack the USMNT pool?

Of course I'll be keeping close tabs on EJ this year as well.