Which NHL team do you support+why?

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Catfish, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Besides football/soccer, I love many sports the NFL and NHL are definately top of my list.

My Blackhawks SUCK! Our OWNER (Wirtz) IS A CHEAP BA@#@%! Won't show any home games on TV, unless our HUGE arena of almost 22K is soldout! SELLS OFF OUR BEST PLAYERS! I have thought so many times about boycotting the Blackhawks maybe Wirtz will get a clue, if the Hawks keep drawing 5-7k a game..like most of last year! The Hawks are the MOST expensive ticket in a very competitive town of sports nuts!

I have been to about 10 Hawks games in 10 years. We sat 3rd row right on the glass.....WICKED COOL!

I didn't know we even had a hockey team growing up in Chicago because Wirtz won't spend any $$$ putting some or all the home games on TV. I didn't get into the NHL until I was in college and a bunch of Detroit fanatics lived on my floor. We used to watch the games in huge groups....I had a blast. I love the game and the NHL and I have NEVER skated in my life! I own the Total Hockey Encyclopedia.....great book.

2. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    The Hawks ARE Chicago's forgotten team. They never get any TV airtime and then they wonder why no one goes to the games. Kinda hard to get into it when you don't even know your players' names.

That being said, I'm proud to say that I'm one of the world's biggest BLUES fans. They may be the kings of first-round choking, but they've still gone a great team. Dougie Weight, Chris Pronger, Pavel Demitra. What's not to like???

3. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Detroit Red Wings! Why? Born in Detroit, and lived in SE Michigan for the first 18 years of my young life. Gotta love em!

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I don't like the Red Wings, but I do respect their team and jealous of how the team treats its fans. I wish that the Hawks were as big in Chicago as the Wings are in Detroit! It makes me sick that Hawks vs. Wings games in Chicago are not sold out with Hawks fans not 60%-40% Hawks to Wings fans.

I love the Wings jerseys and love/support the Original 6! But honestly, most NHL jerseys are great.

I'm ashamed to be a Hawks fan because Wirtz was quoted saying that, "Championships cost too much money!"

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
  6. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

ta-DOW

Most consecutive playoff appearances than any other major American sports teams. Also least to show for it.

7. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    [​IMG]

Washington Capitals. I loved them since 1995. Too bad we sold off all our top stars, but next season we will be a young upcoming team. Plus we just drafted that young Russian phenom Alexander Ovechkin!!

GO CAPS GO

8. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United

ditto

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Isn't it against the law or something in Toronto to even THINK about supporting any other team except the Maple Leafs???? LOL.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    born and bred, my family raised me on the boys of winter - aunts, uncles, cousins, mom's side, dad's side, whatever... everyone in my family bleeds BLUE - my first words were "he shoots, he scores" from dan kelly always being on the radio - we had season tickets for years - since leaving st. louis, i have yet to make a trip home without seeing a game or two - the BLUEnote is on my arm

[​IMG]

11. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!

LOL. You're pretty much right. I get a bugged a lot when Washington is in town and I go to the ACC with the flag draped over my back, my jersey and my hat. It's all good. I will love the Caps no matter what happens. CAPS FOR LIFE.
    But yeah you're right, its hard to like another team in this city. Real hard!!

12. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    Only thing I like about the Blues is their horn when they score :p

13. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I know :(

Seriously though, as much as they suck, I love this team. This season was especially tough though, accepting Richter's retirement even though he had his jersey raised to the rafters. That and Leetch being traded and Glen Sather's late fire sale. Still, we have the most expensive AHL team roster ever. Hooray!

14. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Were you born and raised in the DC area?

15. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    Blue Jackets, baby.

16. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    No, I was born and raised in Toronto.

17. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Born & raised on Long Island.

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    bluedaddy,

I really enjoy the last few seasons when the NHL has tried to develop the rivalries within divisions, ie. Hawks play the Blues in St. Louis than the very next game same 2 teams, but in Chicago! Great idea. I don't hate St. Louis, do like beating you guys, but my grandparents had a resort for almost 20 yrs in the Ozarks/Osage Beach/Camdenton, MO. So been to MO a ton of times. My grandpa, even though born and raised in Chicago...HATED the Bears...loved the Cardinals in Chicago and then the Chiefs, when the Cardinals left for AZ.

I have always been soooooo surprised how popular the Blues are in St. Louis. It just doesn't seem like a hockey town. This guy lived on my floor in college from St. Louis....great guy. He was HUGE Blues fan, that is when they had Cujo for all those years.

My family has NEVER been into hockey. But my daughter is 2 and she can identify the sport immediately on TV. I love playing the NHL video games, following the NHL, and watching it on TV or live!

19. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support the Blackhawks.

I really don't know why, anymore.

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, my cousins live in Nassau county, but they are HUGE Rangers fans...there Dad grew up a Rangers fan.

Did you like those Islanders' jerseys from the 1990's that had the fisherman or whatever he was suppose to be? I thought they were cool...I love just about every NHL jersey....EXCEPT the Mighty Ducks!!!! YUCK!

21. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WE WANT FISH STICKS!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    [​IMG]

I've only recently started to follow the NHL, and go for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

******** the Ducks :D

24. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!

Come move here. You will fall in love with them 100x more.

25. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

frankly i dont like the foghorn - chicago stadium had one first and i didnt like essentially copying that - i much preferred back when "the saints go marching in" got played for a blues goal - but the crowd counting off and exploding is okay