Which MLS team has surprised you the most so far?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wmsoccer

wmsoccer New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Steger, Il
    Unfortunately my beloved Fire are the most disappointing team this season.
    Chris Rolf hasn't done much this year (I know he's been hurt) and not much consistency up front, defense hasn't been all that great either. Playing all those games on the road didn't help out of the gate and lots of new players trying to fit in....oh wait, sorry I'm making excuses.
    Chivas USA has to be the best surprise this year. What a difference a year can make, unless you live in Chicago!

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Well, they surprised everyone in Houston last night. :)

3. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was surprised the Galaxy started off so terribly this year. I guess it was Sampson after all.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Do you mean they got the double last year in spite of him ?:)

5. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to admit, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "Revolutions" error in the poll.

Come on, folks, you're slacking. ;)

6. D.C. UNITED #1

D.C. UNITED #1 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    MARYLAND
    Obviously I am pleasantly surprised with how well DCU is playing not only in the MLS but against European powerhouses...
    Also I am surprised, (NOT so pleasantly) that NYRB A) changed their name to such a lame mascot (MetroStars wasn't that bad, though there are obvious jokes to be made...) but Red Bulls? I never knew energy drinks had legs and wore soccer uniforms...maybe if they wore horns...
    B) I am not too thrilled that Harkes went willy nilly running to NY to coach for them either...

But oh well I'll get over myself..

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in the distinct minority and voted for the Rapids. Clavijo's ability to make all the pieces of that exotic puzzle to fit - at least before Wed.'s 4-1 shellacking at home to RSL - is the biggest surprise to me. Chivas had begun their improvement at the end of last year with the arrival of Palencia and Garcia, and everyone knew they would just improve further under Bradley and with a healthy Razov. And DC's always good.

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

No not always.:D

9. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Chicago Fire...

... they are the worst I have EVER seen them. At least the stadium is a glorious place to see a game.

10. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA
    With all the crazy shenanigans that began three weeks before the season officially started, how can it NOT be Red Bull New York????

Seriously, normally this team just underachieves. The degree to which it's been a complete circus (RB buys the team, multiple nutjob trades, Alexi leaves, Mo gets fired, Amado flakes out, Youri goes home, Youri gets spotted watching a WC match, ABMOD coaches well, Bruce takes over, Amado returns to playing decently, albeit injured, Youri returns, lotsa speculation about a star coming over, Red Bull Arena plans unveiled, AND ALL THIS HAPPENED BEFORE THE ALL-STAR BREAK WAS EVEN FINISHED!!!!

P.S. Please feel free to add to this list if I'm forgetting anything!