Which Man. U. side is Spector on?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ugaaccountant, Oct 29, 2003.

1. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Is he with the 17's, 19's, Reserves? Has he even gone yet?

2. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    He's there, yes. He'll probably get with the 19s to start and if he does well, on to the ressies.

3. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    He hasn't played yet, at any level, for United.

4. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Thanks

I see why i couldn't find him in any match reports

5. aznsensation24

Feb 14, 2001
    Long Grove, IL
    I've talked to Jonathan more than a few times since he has been at ManU and for some reason, FIFA has not yet given him clearance to play. He was hoping to find out this past week when he would be able to play, but as of Sunday, he still didn't know. I don't exactly know why Jonathan isn't able to play while Kenny Cooper is able to and I really don't know if Jonathan does either. I do know that he played in a friendly last week in which the U-19's won 8-0 and he did get to play. When he does get to play, he will be playing for the U-19 team.

6. Scrandal

Scrandal Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    Work Permit

What is his work permit situation for future possible growth? When you say FIFA clearance is that the no transfer during the time windows deal?

7. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    My guess is that he isn't eligible until he turns 18 on March 1, 2004.

But that's a guess at this point.

8. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Re: Work Permit

Closed transfer period does not apply to a free agent signing. Spector would also have to qualify for a work permit before being allowed to register with Man Utd as a player and sign a contract. There must be some other technicality holding things up.

Cooper was an open and shut case due to his ability to apply for a UK passport (his father is a British national). I cannot remember how Spector was able to qualify for his work permit, but as I said - I don't think he even could have joined the team and signed the contract if he had not already had a work permit.

Some of the rules on foreign transfers of youth players have changed even between the time Spector and Cooper signed, as well.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=40743" target="

9. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Spector has a German passport already, so that can't be what's holding things up...

10. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    There we go. So he has a work permit and he is already signed to a professional contract. That makes it very odd why he would not be cleared to play.