Which Iranian Outrage Is Most Infuriating

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Smiley321, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I'd say that no. 4 is rapidly overtaking no. 1

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Not only more threads, my bigger complaint is attempting to threadjack any decent one into how it relates to the awesomocity of Iran.
    Yes, I know, I occasionally threadjack into ancient history. But at least I'm relatively funny at it, especially when insulting "Mr. Wikipedia". Mani

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be locked in 5, 4, 3,....

4. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
  5. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Where's beating us in 1998 !

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I went to check the threads about Iran started today on this forum, and I found the following:
    1- Ben Reilley: 400 Iranians volunteer for suicide attacks
    2- scarecrow: Ethnic Cleansing in Iran
    3- smiley32343: Iranian outrages...

On the other hand, the only "thread" by an Iranian started today on this forum was by me, about UN reforms! I guess "UN reforms" aren't as popular with some as they had been pretending? :)

BTW, in every poll I have started, I have tried to give all viewpoints a choice to vote on. I guess you are just used to "choosing" between "viewpoints" that say largely the same thing, with a few exceptions here and there on occasion.

7. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What a flamer!

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    If you guys bothered to check the news, you would find a while back several acts of self-imulation by members of an Iranian cult, the MEK, protesting the decision of the EU to close their offices. The MEK is considered a terrorist organization even in the US, but while this cult is widely detested in Iran for its outrages, some neocons have been proposing that the MEK no longer be considered "terrorists". The change in designation, they suggest, is appropriate now that the MEK wants to work for the US and Israel, instead of Saddam Hussein as it did previously.

9. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I just check the news for Michael Jackson updates, so I missed that one

But not to worry IM, I start a new thread about once every 6 months so my quota is full for awhile.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about the way the Iranian posters rigged the poll at 'the beautiful game' forum to claim that Al Karimi is a better player than Ji Sung Park?

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That was a great thread. It won the most passive-aggressive thread of the year award.

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What kind of a stupid thread is this? How is this thread relevant to "Politics & Current Events"?

13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This poll is like American elections these days. Those who organize it win regardless of the choice you make :)

14. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The USA has done numbers 1-3, so what they heck, I voted 4. So have the French, Chinese and Ruskies.

15. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I was going to say "It was the Bush Administration who is putting Iran in the news, not BigSoccer," but come to think of it, the war talk has gotten pretty quiet over the past couple of months. Maybe the Defense Department read the threads here, and changed their minds.

16. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    This guy thinks he posted an insult, but he correct even though he has no idea why.

Our founding fathers crafted a system so robust, we can elect guys as inert as Bill Clinton or dubya and still have the country do incredibly well. And we would have done about as well if Dole and Gore had been elected instead.

Eat your hearts out, Iranians. If you're lucky, we'll let you stay in this wonderful country.

17. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    W is not quite inert. His administration is sucking an incredible amount of money out of the system.

18. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You should have said what you were going to say :)

Don't miss FOX's exclusive special report on Iran, to be shown on Sunday, and advertised every hour. It will deal with "alarming information" discovered by FOX news that Iran is close to building nuclear weapons, and besides, is heavily supporting terrorists.

Of course, I know that you have better taste in the news channels you watch, but I still think that there are many "in and around the Bush administration" who haven't given up on Iran yet. Notwithstanding what they read on bigsoccer. ;)

For my edification, please explain how you chose #4? What "pointless" thread was started by an "Iranian" on "Bigsoccer Politics Forum"? If you look back the past 2 pages here, the only thread started by an Iranian was by me, about UN reforms not Iran per se. Going further back, you will see more threads started by Iranians, but they were begun on different dates and had conversations (or insults) going on for a period of time that kept the threads up.

On the other hand, as I mentioned, 3 threads about Iran on the politics forum just today, none of which were started by an Iranian:

1) Ben Reilley: 400 Iranians volunteer to attack US and Israel...
    2) scarecrow: Ethnic Cleansing in Iran?
    3) smiley3234334343: Iranian outrages...

So what which were threads started by Iranians here that outraged you?

P.S.

Just with American elections, regardless of how you voted in this poll, you said something we Iranians have been hearing from Americans quite a bit: "we no like Iran" :(

19. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hey, I like the American founders! :) Too bad those who are claiming their mantle these days aren't half as visionary and are often working in opposite of what made this country good enough for you now boast in its glory ;)

20. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Alas. But I can enjoy it awhile longer before all our kids go to Michael Jackson elementary school and join the NAMBLA scouts.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I don't plan on moving to Iran, so I don't see why that's in my future.

22. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey who is this scarecrow person and why is he getting credit for my thread?

23. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I wouldn't exactly call it any "credit", so don't take offense if I omitted your serial number, scarecrow1999934300dx5.

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Number 4? If there is one thing which Americans have certainly done over and over again it is number 4.

:D

25. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    #4 is obviously the biggest plague. We solve this problem and the rest are easy.