Which "football" do you prefer

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by theworm2345, Apr 17, 2006.

1. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    soccer or football?

it depends. i'd rather watch the texas longhorns than an mls game. but i'd rather watch the USMNT or a champions league game than the No Fun League.

2. Anthony W

Anthony W New Member

May 8, 2004
    Me too!

3. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    i dont think we should be like the rest of the world, i like how we have drafts and no other country does and i used to like how every team except for dc united was a city than a nickname we shouldve stuck with that! i mean were the usa we should be unique its not like to many care about soccer around here anyways

4. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This is precisely why people give American soccer fans grief. The US should fall in line with the rest of the world and play the game the way everyone else plays it. The US is just another country.

5. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    after attending one VT football game, i'm now hooked on hokie football, the NFL??? not really

but my one love is still DC UNITED

if neone can get into college football, they can get into soccer, in the rite atmosphere (not talking about giants stadium or arrowhead, more like RFK and bridgeview), the atmosphere makes these 2 very similar

6. jkuterba

jkuterba New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Kingwood, TX
    went to my first NFL game last fall. A Redskins game. Crowd was completely silent except when home team scored a TD. 90,000 fans there, totally silent. Went to my first big time college football game last fall, Texas-TX A&M, the passion there was 100 times better but still not same as soccer. American football on TV is horrendous. Live it is a lot better, but still gets very boring with the tv breaks. Soccer is so much better!

Americans like American football because the media tell us that it is great and exciting, that is how this whole obsession started back in the 50s and 60s when there were a few exciting games that the media jumped on and the rest is history.