Which fantasy host is better?

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by KHowe, Jul 27, 2006.

1. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Starting a league up for between some friends, which is better for hosting a fantasy soccer league for the English Premier League, Yahoo.com or Fantasy.Premierleague.com? Thanks.

2. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Horses for courses really.

If you like a complex scoring method that no-one really understands and all your friends have a Yahoo id, then go the American way with Yahoo.

If you like building a team on a fixed budget and a scoring system that is fairly transparent, apart from the awarding of bonuses that sometimes seem skewed..... the Premier League site is better.

3. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Thanks for the quick reply

4. AndrewOpala

AndrewOpala New Member

Aug 17, 2006
    How many pools out there run on picking the outcomes of games rather than drafting players? We built one at http://www.sportpools.ca and would like to invite everyone to look it over and give us feedback

5. SilkyLeftFoot

SilkyLeftFoot New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I would recommend http://www.fantasyfc.co.uk as a very straight forward but also very rewarding FF game. Of the two you mentioned I would go for the EPL site.

6. Spudrifle

Spudrifle New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    South Wales
    Yeah FantasyFC is great! I really like the whol site, its got it all, and the transfer market thing is really good, with the player costs changing if they do well or perform badly.

Eh, I don't really like the Fantasy.Premierleague.com one, although almost everyone uses it, and I'm sure the prizes are amazing, the actual site and points scheme etc. dissapointed me, the layout isn't the best, and although its accurate with players and stuff, I prefer the ability to move people around ion your formation, expermient more and have a better managerial perspective... are you on fantasyfc then Silky? whats your team name?