Which country will win Euro 2016?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by euro2016, Oct 2, 2013.

1. SomervilleCityFC

SomervilleCityFC New Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Boston MA
    Club:
    --other--
  2. socal127Nick

socal127Nick New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Germany will get it together and win the Euro

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No chance.

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very Possible.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Greece won't qualify so you should have no problem. I would also watch out for: Spain, Italy, and Croatia in addition to France and Germany. But otherwise I think your probably good.

6. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We don't really know about those scenarios but according to their perfomances I doubt that Italy would have advantaged against Belgium. Just my opinion. Sorry but France really was a different level than Italy, I don't see the french having any trouble in this.
    But history plays no role. Germany also never has beaten Brazil in a knockout stage before. Before the match, Brazil was the favorites to win the WC.

7. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    What other teams?The teams in your group?

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The other big teams: Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, etc. All of them are struggling worse than us in the euro cup qualifying.

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    France shouldn't have much trouble going to the final.

10. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    We'll see.Not very easy to predict..

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah especially at this point its hard to predict.

12. vasilios1991

vasilios1991 New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  13. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Hm,you never know..

14. reallymadrid

reallymadrid New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spain has good amazing talent

15. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    As Brazil,Italy etc..

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Will Win:

Italy 24%
    Germany 21%
    France 20%
    Croatia 13%
    Netherlands 12%
    Spain 6%
    England 3%
    Belgium 1%

17. wreckitrob75

wreckitrob75 New Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Those "big" teams you mentioning Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc might be struggling now in the qualifiers but will be there in France in 2016. Qualifiers don't count for much once the tournament starts.

18. wreckitrob75

wreckitrob75 New Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    These are all hypotheticals...the reality is Italy went out at the group stage...that is 2 World Cups in succession Italy has failed to make it past the group stage...these are the facts. You are unbelievable that you keep making excuses for your Italy...saying that you would have beaten Costa Rica if it was not hot is nonsense. Give credit where it is due instead of always making excuses.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know they will all be there except maybe Belgium. The reason why I said that is because they were saying Italy was struggling in the qualifications, and I was pointing out that Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and Portugal were struggling much worse than Italy. At least Italy is managing to win the games at the end. They also managed to draw to Croatia while missing 85% of their key players, which is also a team Italy struggled against in the past.

Malta 0-1 Italy: The coach deliberately used that game to test new players. A lot of the key players he used as subs because Malta is a rubbish team and he was testing his players for the future games.

Italy 2-1 Azerbaijan: The azerbaijan goal was clearly an own goal not even caused by any of the actual azerbaijan players. Chiellini was trying to move out of the way and he accidentally kicked it in the goal with just another italian player assisting him. You really can't give credit to Azerbaijan for that. That came off a corner and directly went to Chiellini while he was trying to move t he ball out of the way, he kicked in the wrong position by accident. We also had a third goal at the end but it was ruled out because there was a foul in another place. It was a correct decision, but we should still get the credit for it, because if the 2 players didn't decide to tackle each other, the goal would have counted.

Norway 0-2 Italy: Good result as well, especially since we have never defeated Norway in Norway since the 1980's before that time, and plus again we were missing like at least 3 key players in that game.

Imagine what the results would be if we weren't even suffering from injuries and we had all key players for every game? Quite a bit better than our results were before.

20. MattyB316

MattyB316 Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Delco, PA (137 H)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm saying Germany, not just because they are my team, but I think they really can win it.

After Germany I'm going with this:
    France
    Spain/Italy

I think Spain and Italy have a fairly equal shot at it. After that, I don't think anyone else is really there.

21. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Panzer Boys

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really agree with you on this:

Germany is underperforming in the Euro Qualifications, but a lot of their good players, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Khedeira just to name a few, were injured.

France because they are at home.

And yeah Spain will have a good shot, and so do us. We are really doing well in the euro qualifiers, so I really think Italy can do it. Spain if they improve and play better, they might be able to do it.

Your right I don't see any other teams capable of doing it. Croatia maybe, but they have lack of experience. Netherlands did well in the world cup, but as you can see they are horribly struggling in the Euro Qualifications. Losing to Czech Republic and Iceland. Barely beating Kazakhstan. They did dominate Latvia, but Latvia is a team expected to finish bottom of the group. Worst team in the whole group in my opinion.

Some people say Belgium might do it, but I really don't think so. They are a young team with lack of experience. They are also struggling in the Euro Qualifications. Now I wonder if Belgium will even qualify. They will top the group if lucky, but I think Israel has a good shot of topping the group. Belgium will likely finish second but Wales and even Cyprus can pull out an upset. Also don't count out Bosnia yet.

As we see now, 90% it will be one of these teams:

1. Germany
    2. France
    3. Italy
    4. Spain

23. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Panzer boys,lol.

24. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014