Which country will win Euro 2016?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by euro2016, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ManusXavi

ManusXavi Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Yeah your right these young players are crap: Koke, Alvaro Morata, Isco, Thiago Alcantara, Illaramendi, Inigo Martinez, Martin Montoya, David De Gea, Marc Bartra, Rodrigo.
    Shall I go on?
    Spain will be absolutely fine in future.

jerrito, Afghan-Juventus and LGRod repped this.
  2. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Once again those results arent indicative since Italy, France, England and Germany didnt send their best players while Spain did.

[]__[]

3. ManusXavi

ManusXavi Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    These Spanish players would still be as good as players from those teams.

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    The right answer is ...
    A team that FAILED at WC14 will go on winning Euro16

jerrito repped this.
  5. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    way too early..... lets finish WC then come back and talk

6. Rik Smets

Rik Smets New Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Olen
    Club:
    KVC Westerlo
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I find it astonishing that so little people say Belgium.
    I may, and probably will, be biased ofcourse, but Belgium will have a very strong team in 2016.
    I think they will come short in Brazil, but by 2016, most of our players will be 25-30, with the addition of some very good youngsters. This could be the team by then:

----------------------Courtois---------------------
    -Cavanda-Kompany-Vertonghen-Vermaelen-
    --------------Witsel--------Fellaini---------------
    -DeBruyne---------Dembele-----------Hazard-
    ---------------------Lukaku-----------------------

Add to this Bakkali, Januzay(?), Mertens, Dembele, Benteke, Naingolan, etc..

jerrito and XxXsoccer_fanXxX repped this.
  7. German Bear

German Bear New Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany, they have so much young talent and they will all be at the top of there game by that time.

8. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree completely. A lot of these players are young talents, and will be developed greatly in two years. Especially Hazard.

However, Germany and Spain, the usual favorites, have a huge roster of young talents coming up.

9. atraxus

atraxus New Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Spain WON'T win the World Cup in Brazil, but I cannot see any team beating them in the 2016 European Championships. Germany always seem to disappoint on the big occasions, much the same can be said of Holland who have such excellent players but just don't seem to put it all together when the chips are down. Italy are the only other team that might bring their A game to the Championships, if they do then they could lift the trophy, but it's a very big if.

10. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I agree with the new furnace of talented youth but I highly doubt Ilori and Marcos Lopes will have a big role sometime soon. And even if they do, they might be on the bench by then.

Realistically Luís Neto (in place of Ilori) and João Mário/Bruno Fernandes/Adrien Silva (in place of Marcos Lopes) sound a far more feasible scenario. They're not only older, more experienced, but they have also proved their worth.

11. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Germany are always in the bracket of favorites. Lots of great young talent coming through and a backbone that is well rehearsed for success on big stages. It wouldn't surprise me if Ozil becomes a bench player, I mean that's how much quality Germany have coming through right now.

It will be tough for Spain to maintain their level of success (it's almost unheard of if they did continue winning trophies), but if Spain remains successful they might end up doing so on a different style of play. It wouldn't surprise me if they adopted a style more similar to that of Chile while moderately retaining some of the tendencies and philosophies that saw them become so successful. Of course, much of that will depend on who becomes the coach and which direction the Spanish FA choose to go.

Belgium (in particular), Netherlands, Italy, England, Croatia, Portugal, and Russia look like decent contenders. Switzerland, Sweden, Ukraine, Bosnia, Greece, Turkey, Ireland, Poland, Serbia, Denmark... there's quite a few teams that could at least create a stir or cause one or two upsets.

The fact that an extra game will be played (7 instead of the 5 or 6 as was played in prior Euros en route to the final) suggest teams with greater depth will have a better chance of success, so that will favor the more traditional powerhouses or countries that seem to produce an unending stream of talent throughout the pitch.

jerrito repped this.
  12. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Germany, Spain and France will all be the favorites heading into this tournament. I don't like it be expanded to 24 teams it dilutes the field.

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    France

Cody667 repped this.
  14. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    France for me.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  15. raviept

raviept Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Braga
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That french midfield is brutal. France for me too.

jerrito repped this.
  16. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The fact they can leave Nasri off the team despite a Ribery injury and when Morgan Schneiderlin is your 4th string DM says everything.

jerrito repped this.
  17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    LOL if one can not even guess who will win this WC in next 3 weeks time, how can he predicts for Euro in 2 years time?

jerrito repped this.
  18. Ashlie Bell

Ashlie Bell New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Germany for sure

19. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between Germany, France, Holland, & Belgium.

20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  21. PaulieJay

PaulieJay Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Iowa, United States
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can say that again, you could probably take a nap for the qualifiers and the group stage. I never liked 3rd place teams advancing because it really encourages anti-football. Add that to the now weaker groups and all a team has to do to get through to the knockout is beat Latvia. I've been mulling this over for a while why they would water down this tournament so much, but the more I thought about it I kind of understand what they're going for. UEFA wants a Latvia or an Iceland or a Montenegro to qualify and have a chance to get through to the knockout round of Euro. Everyone loves an underdog.

22. Abelardo

Abelardo New Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
  23. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    if ronaldo stays healthy, portugal could go all the way

24. Oddo26

Oddo26 Member

Jul 12, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Germany will have to be the favorites. France, England and Belgium all will have good teams. You also can't count out the Netherlands as the pundits learned this time around. Spain's younger generation while good pales in comparison to their predecessors and that of other nations.

25. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    France, Germany and dark horse of Belgium ...