Which country should Bush invade next?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DJPoopypants, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The People's Republik of Santa Monica. :rolleyes:

Really, Ben, starting this idiotic thread this is a little below you.

But not much.

Democrat's agenda for next 4 years:

Year 1 - Cry.

Year 2 - Whine and watch Supreme Court justices fall into place.

Year 3 - Be petulent, and shell out 20 bucks for a Michael Moore movie rather than spending it on Midnight Basketball programs for poor inner-city kids.

Year 4 - Blame the GOP for everything, stroking themselves in the shower while dreaming of the good ol' days of Bill Clinton, ignoring the fact that Hillary is 10 points behind Jeb Bush.

Topper

:D

2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran's population is three times Iraq's;
    Iran's GDP is three times Iraq's;
    Iran's territory is three times Iraq's;
    A war with Iran acquires three times the resources...I don't think Bush can afford the cost at this time.
    It's also in the nature of Iranians that no matter how much they hate the Mullahs they would unite against any foreign invasion just as they did in the 80's against Iraq.

For more info,
    watch this: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/opinion/20040519_IRAN_FEATURE/index.htm
    Read these: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/19/opinion/19kristof-iran.html
    Or visit: http://www.iranian.com/ and http://www.tehranavenue.com/

3. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Just when I think that this forum is beyond redemption, I get a little sliver of hope because a plurality preferred Iran.

4. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Our greatest enemy is actually England. Sure, at first glance they appear to be our ally, but the fact is that George Michael, a British citizen, is an admitted homosexual. And rumor has it that he is dating a man, a homosexual Texan no less, which could culminate into these two dangerous queers becoming engaged and getting married. Our choice is clear: England must go down.

5. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That trumps everything!

My vote goes to Grenada! Wait, we already did that one.

How about Fiji?

6. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Re: Iran will be bombed soon

If only the Republicans followed a religious leader that thought such actions vile (like, oh, I don't know... Jesus?) then maybe the election would have turned out differently.

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Not sure about England going down, but I'm pretty sure that George Michael does.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, that settles it! Iran it must be!

9. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Iran is high on Bushcorp's wish list but Syria is probably next. Since the neo-cons have hijacked our foriegn policy we should look to "A Clean Break" written by Richard Perle, Doug Feith, and others. We have taken out Iraq and are trying to set up a pro western, pro Israel (if that can truly happen) democracy in Iraq, so step one is accomplished. This leaves Syria as step two. Link: www.israeleconomy.org/strat1.htm

10. soccerreb

soccerreb New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Louisiana
    Methinks we need to finish the job in Iraq before the Entire Coilition of the Willing leaves us hi and dri. We've got 142,000 troops in a country the size of Oklahoma, and Tony Blair will soon have only 4,000 remaining to finish the "War". Our other podners have maybe 40 or 60 soldiers to finish up.

Sounds like this red team needs more finishers in the attacking third. I think Esky is improving and will be called up soon. Bruce told Chaney the Impaler he will loan EJ until the quallies next year. Dan Rather is reporting that W wants DMB for some reason or other.

Everyone knows Saddam's 2 sons were on the planes that hit the World Trade Center. They escaped back to Baghdad on a plane. Michael Moore has it on video.

Why don't we turn Saddam loose and give him the $25 mil if he finds Osama?

So, my answer is, I vote we stay in Iraq, and show Bush 1 how it can be done. Or not. Mission Accomplished and all that.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This is a soccer board, and no one has yet suggested annexing a country that would make our ascent to soccer superpower easiest? Who's very small and orderly but has excellent football talent?

I'm going to enjoy not needing a passport to fly to Amsterdam.

12. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (

He doesn't know what he wants. As long as people are dieing he is happy.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned Haiti. It's utter chaos there, and if the fighting gets any worse, it might spill over to Dominican Republic and affect the baseball player factories there, or refugees will start landing in Miami. They get enough Cubans and their stinky rafts.

Plus, if there is a Duvalier offspring, maybe we can prop him up. I'd love to see what clever nickname they can come up with to follow up Papa Doc and Baby Doc.

14. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theirs no money in Haiti. And there arent any reall terrorists killing good white folk either.

15. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    soccerreb, that was the awesomest post in the Politics forum ever.

16. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Cool Iran is Leading the poll :cool: It's good to be hated it tells us that we've made it.
    Sigh however it has been proven that what the majority of this forum want to happen will not happen i.e the result of the presidential elections.
    But mark the great tiger's words with one Roar I can wipe america off the map and dubya if you're listening this tiger usually don't eat apes but he will make an exception for you. I am terrorizing barbara bush's bush as we speak with bush watching if he is not gonna do anything now i can't see him do anything when the great cat on the map takes it's penis out and shoves it up that ugly elephant on the map's ass and don't worry if the cat wants to it's tool will be so big it will rip the elephant's arse in half and live it bleeding on the lamas bellow it and have it's feces running upwords north to the bigger yet shier elephant's ass.

[result] btw don't forget Iran 2 Usa 1 :) [/result]

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I take back my Haiti proposal. I say pull out of Iraq, then invade it again, do it like we mean it this time.

Forget all the mistakes made by Rumsfeld and Franks and Bremer. That's ancient history. Forget the WMD claims, the Al Qaeda ties and premature victory celebration on flight decks.

We'll be up front about our intentions. This has nothing to do with terror, and everything to do with exporting America. Pretty soon, there will be Little Americas all over the globe, like Wal-Marts and Taco Bells. Yeah, the mom & pop governments will cry foul over these America franchises, but the consumers will love the huge savings (of lives) and the great (democratic) values.

In the game of life, you just reach for the reset button when the going gets rough. This is the new and improved Operation Iraqi Freedom version 2.0. Once more into the breach, with feeling.

18. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    B..b..but, they're black! :eek:

Just look what happened after we did a half job invasion in Somalia.
    All we got was a bunch of Somali refugees, not even a tee-shirt!

19. ViscaBarca

ViscaBarca Member

Mar 26, 2004
    London
    hehe, for moment i thought you mean ITN the british news cooperation

20. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noted... both have been added to Axis of Evil; standby for invasion!

21. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Weed prices are getting out of control? How about Jamaica?

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Alamo was a defeat. :p

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fetus Doc.

That would go well with the Republican fetus fetish.

24. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

I start a thread about a British politician (un?)intentionally goading Bush into bombing Iran, and it becomes a poll?

Evidently the mods here wanted to remind everyone that I forgot poll-land...

25. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, If an American is suited at the international war crime court Bush is allowed to 'do every action neccessairy to free that one'.
    Well, now all tha Bush corp has to do is to get an American in front of that court and they are allowed to invade the Netherlands, and then have war with all of the EU...