Which country should Bush invade next?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DJPoopypants, Nov 4, 2004.

1. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Iran will be bombed soon

I know, I know, this sounds like bitter speculation about what president Bush will now do.

But it ain't.

Check out this, from those masters of world peace in England...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3981307.stm

Jack - what happens when British people tell Ohioans that it is "inconceivable" to elect George Bush? What happens when you wave a red cape in front of a bull?

Seriously now, we know you ain't stupid - what kind of game are you playing, egging on the dimwitted high school jock by saying, "nah, I bet you wouldn't..."

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Re: Iran will be bombed soon

I thought we were gonna go after Syria next!

:eek:

3. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We bombed Afganistan, and things are going well there.

We bombed Iraq and things are moving (slowly) in the right direction.

We didn't have to bomb Libya (this time).

We haven't bombed Iran, but are you comfortable with Iran having nukes and being so cozy with terrorists?

I guess some people don't quite get the point until they're looking down the barrel of an M-16. I think Bush understands this reality.

Of course, if you're Jimmy Carter or Kerry, the mere fact that you have to bomb anyone is surely proof of walking away from diplomacy too soon.

4. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And here I thought it was because all the mancrushers on the Quakes were going to be forced into hiding when the new round of anti-gay laws come round.

What?

:D

LD's gonna be Sprechien Zie Deutsch

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    So Bush won and my guy lost. I might as well get something out of this disaster and for my money I have to say that war makes good TV. So, as my 'Merican friend say, "Bring it on!" I am ready and eager for our next invasion, especially since I'm no longer draftable. I've got fresh batteries in the remote and popcorn in the cabinet. I am ready to see our "enemy" blown to smithereens.

But who should Bush and the neo-cons invade next? There are so many choices?

For instance, we could invade Iran. That'd be fun. But are we really interested in another desert war? Maybe we should mix it up a bit and invade North Korea. But they've got nukes and I don't know if nukes make for good TV. How about Syria? They're right next to Iraq so we've got all our antiquated, inadequately armored gear in place already. And if the neo-cons are to be believed (and, really, who but those long haired pinko lefties doesn't believe them) we could finally find those WMDs that the Russian commandos smuggled out of Iraq before the invasion. Mustard gas! That's good TV, isn't it? Ah, but didn't I already wonder if we haven't become bored with these desert wars? Perhaps we should strike a blow at the heart of the enemy: France! Though I'm not sure that'd be very entertaining. They'd certainly just surrender the moment we reached their shores. (They always do.) Maybe something in Africa! No, then we’d have to take an interest in Africa and – as you surely know – that’s something real ‘Mericans don’t do. Well, maybe we could invade Libya and get rid of that cross-dressing homo Qaddafi. (He’s undoubtedly in favor of gay marriage.) Better yet, maybe we should settle some old scores. We invaded Canada once and were rebuffed. Maybe it's time to kick their Francophile ass. I mean, really, the pernicious effect of Canada on the United States should be obvious to anyone? Just look at all those blue states within spitting distance of the Canadian border! How many states have to fall to their Francophile influence before you see the domino effect! Just look at the sorry condition of Vermont. They elected Bernie Sanders, for God's sake! If we don't stop them now they'll be at Texas tomorrow. I know what you're saying. It's already too late. New England has already fallen and you think we should first look to reclaim our own territory before marching on Montreal. There's something to be said of that option. Perhaps we should first invade Massachusetts. They will certainly greet us as liberators. Or, I suppose, there's Mexico. We could invade them again. But there's a lot of desert in that country, and - again - I don't really know if I'm up for another desert war. And we beat them at the World Cup, so what’s the point of that. How about Cuba?

Oh, I just don’t know what country to invade next. There are too many choices. Our enemy is everywhere! The hate America because we are free! They live in totalitarian states where they can't question their own government. I just hope Bush chooses the right one to liberate ... But who am I to second guess which country Bush chooses. I'm sure he'll have prayed over the decision (undoubtedly asking "Which country would Jesus invade?") and no matter what I know it's un-American to question the President. I wouldn't want to give aid and comfort to the enemy by dissenting from his decision.

Instead I'll do the right and proper thing and exclaim "Bring it on!"

:rolleyes:

6. Roar!

Roar! Red Card

Nov 2, 2004
    Morroco/Mexico
    Iran = Desert war? :confused:

let me guess you are an average american who voted for bush.

Plastic Democrats make Roar! sick.

Canada dosen't want Illegal Aliens. GET OUT AMERICAINS!

7. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Fortunatly for Bush, the land of his greatest enemies is very close to America, so invading it should be easy.

I give you: Invasion, California!

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    But we elected the Governator! Isn't that enough to save us from invasion? :p

9. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's look at the facts:

We have invaded two arrid countries full of brown people.

Can "Operation: Azteca Freedom" be far off?

10. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    One vote for Venezuela. They've got oil and hot chicks.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    We already got Texas from them - didn't that teach us anything?

12. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

Thanks Topper. I needed a chuckle this afternoon.

13. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll see your oil and hot chicks and raise you....

oiled up hot chicks.

14. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The United States of Canada.

15. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loved your first sentence there Knave; the rest of it was a bit choppy!

As far as invasion, I believe Hollywood is overdue... lot's of immorality there and ripe to invade and stabilze with a bit of moral peacekeeping.

IntheNet
    Anyone But Hillary in 2008

16. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The United States of Canada would kick Jesusland's ass, because we've most of the military ifrastructure, and most of the economic ifrastructure.

17. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Interesting. ITN wants a civil war.

18. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Only problem with invading Hollywood, is that means the gov't would need to capture Kurt Russell, take him out of LA, separate LA from the US, and then we send Kurt in as "Snake Plissken" . . .

Solution: France and co. dubbed the US as a "bully", let's not let them down, and bully France, wouldn't be that hard.

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'd like to vote for "all of the Stan countries."

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Bush I promised a free Cuba and we all know Bush II always finishes his deddy's bidness. Cuba and Mars. Bush has to invade Mars!

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... Kill The COMMIES! ....

They don't call it the RED planet for nothing!

:eek:

22. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I nominate the Galapagos. First off, our navy could use the exercise. Nothin' like getting the 4 Iowa class battleships out of mothballs to hurl some shells shoreward.

Second, and most importantly, Bush owes it to his supporters to rid the Earth of the origin of that silly Darwinism nonsense. I tell ya, those tortoises have made a pact with the devil. How else could they live to be 150 years old?

23. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but we've got the Alamo.

24. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland

Maybe you Dems lost because you think pre-emption is a wacky, silly, neanderthal idea?

25. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Yeah but the United States of Canda has Tie Domi.