Which Clubs will U be Supporting this season ?

Discussion in 'China' started by mehdan, Oct 5, 2009.

1. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Hello friends and everybody,

Have you been supporting a club lately, esp from Europe ? I would be interested in knowing where your hearts lay.

Since we all know the disaster that has befallen the CSL clubs in ACL, I am not supporting any CSL clubs of lately.

After watching the Villa v MCFC, my support for SUN JIHAI's old club MCFC has increased even further. I really like Mark Hughes and the character of his team. They are a good mix and Mr. Hughes knows where he is heading.

I am also supporting Celtic for obvious reasons.

I am also paying close attention to the progress of the Koreans, Lee Chung yong at Bolton and that other guy at Monaco because I like Korea very much and their spirited style of play.

mehdan

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I support the same clubs every season, not just when they have tons of money and buy a team. Therefore, as always, I'm supporting Guoan and in Europe I support Arsenal and PSG.

3. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ive supported Real Madrid and Manchester United for several years now, those are the teams I really support. Then I also support/follow teams who have asians in their team, mostly chinese, korean and japanese players. But that´s more supporting the individual players than the actual team :/ :)

4. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've always supported Arsenal because they were my local team, however I do find that I'm checking up on Celtic because of ZZ.

5. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ManUtd all the way. That being said though, I might actually check up with the SPL because of a certain Chinese international ;)

6. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    gosh u support PSG !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OM inside

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    arsenal fc: youth policy of surprise and attack flow football

mancity fc: i studied in manchester briefly and my first premiership game was devoted to manchester city vs. middlesbourg

real madrid: used to be big fans of galastico I (zidane, beckham, ronaldo, raul, roberto carlos etc..)

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Why would you choose City over United? Were you already an Arsenal fan?

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i dun like united due to the incident of dong fangzhuo
    and how beckham and van nistelrooy was handled.

10. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hahaha, ya the whole Dong FZ thing didn't turn out well at all, but you still have to give them SOME credit for at least trying to get the chinese market involved (I mean after all is said and done, none of the other "big" premier league teams have even tried signing a chinese player even if just for publicity).

Becks and RVN left on bad terms with SirAlex, but I guess the team then was in a transition phase and it wasn't like either of their careers were completely ruined after leaving United.

Anyways, don't get sucked into cheering for Man SHITeh. Damn those corrupt arab mofos. I lost any interest or respect for them since SunJiHai left. :)

11. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I think Mr. Ferguson did Chinese football a great disservice by NOT allowing DFZ go on loan to Divison 2, such as Burnley or Watford.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    would truly benefit dong fangzhuo if he was allowed to go on loan
    he would definitely improve..cola league is better than belgium lol

13. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    And definitely better than CSL..

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    although i dont enjoy scottish football
    but since zheng zhi plays there..i often pay more attention to celtic now

15. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    It must have been for footballing reasons because Man Utd weren't going to make less money from China by loaning him out. Dong didn't set the reserves alight with his performances either.

The thing that irritates me is that he didn't get a proper game with the first team. He played in the Carling Cup team, which consisted of reserves, that was destroyed by Coventry City and his Premiership debut was against Chelsea's John Terry with a bunch of first team substitutes.

His game log. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=67157&season=2006&cc=5901

I think he lacked the mentality to persevere and work hard. And now he can't even play at Dalian.

16. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yup. Pretty much bad luck and timing for DongFZ. He may not have been a MUFC-quality striker, but he definitely shouldn't have had to go back and disappear into the CSL.

Anyways, heres hoping that ZZ in Celtics inspires some renewed faith in Chinese players for bigger clubs.

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I think your first sentence says it all. Crappy players aren't thrown into premiership matches just to "give them a chance", they have to earn it (or be on a team that has a ton of injuries). Dong in the prem would have been a joke, a boy playing with men situation, sort of like Du Wei in Scotland.

18. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Hello ChengBo,

I agree with you.

Perhaps DFZ needed a more nurturing environment, where he could gradually develop.

Belgian 2div was his playground, he shouldve stayed, helped RASC to div 1. then play a few seasons before setting off. A much better use of his youthful prime.

Now, how will he reignite his flame of hope again ? It is much mentally tougher to rise after a big fall ! Perhaps we Chinese are expecting too much from a young boy's shoulders !

It is tragically Chinese like one child policy perhaps that we see a star, we put all our hope on him like a saviour and he bucks under the pressure !

19. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I agree they have to earn it. But football is such a team sport that unless you are a brilliant individual talent, like Maradona, you need a competent supporting cast to showcase your ability. Dong did play in the Prem. :) He played against John Terry with a bunch of Man Utd substitutes and, predictably, he produced nothing. Why even put him in that position?

Throwing Du Wei straight into that cup match was unwise by Gordon Strachan. Good thing for us that Zheng Zhi's mentality is tough as nails.

20. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I'll be supporting Celtic and Man City. Been following MCFC ever since the Jihai days.

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Which club should I support? :D

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wuhan guanggu ;)

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    oh jesus eff christ
    i spend a good morning to watch arsenal vs. sunderland

fabregas 40 yards freak goal, then an arsenal-tradition injury killed the day.
    referee making unbalanced calls and red carded alex song

hospital master rosicky came out and gonna kick the penalty to make the game 2-0

unfortunately he shoot down an airplane with his blue-sky-maestro shot.

best of the best
    cloudy sunderland turns sunny when the referee failed to blow at 94th minute and gave extra 30 seconds for sunderland and yes, sunderland equalized at the final final second. -__-

final score: sunderland 1-1 arsenal.

now i understand the feeling of the fellow man utd fans when everton equalized from 3-1 to 3-3 :(

24. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hahaha. Almost had a similar monumental collapse this morning too, but our 30 million pound player finally started playing like a 30 million pound player :D

Scouserpool is still shite this season. hahaha

25. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    That 2nd goal was a true thing of beauty...and though I've always hated Nani, who is even dirtier looking than Ronaldo, he had a hell of a game....

Not sure how things are elsewhere across the country, but BTV seems to have worked out its agreement with WIN TV's creditors, there were prem games on both Saturday and Sunday night, commentary was shit (as is to be expected), but at least it seems I won't have to go to a bar for games now...