which clubs outside premier league in English football would enhance the f.A. premier league.

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Courtneysmith, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Courtneysmith

Courtneysmith Member

marseille
    Scotland
    Aug 25, 2020
    which clubs outside the premier league in English football would enhance the F.A. premier league if promoted into it.

my thoughts
    Sheffield Wednesday.
    Blackburn Rovers.
    QPR.

your thoughts

2. Fullerov

Fullerov Member

Bristol Rovers
    Nov 30, 2004
    Club:
    Bristol Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On what criteria?

Wednesday and QPR are struggling to stay in Championship so they hardly deserve to be in prem currently.

3. Courtneysmith

Courtneysmith Member

marseille
    Scotland
    Aug 25, 2020
    so more clubs are
    Leeds united,
    Leicester city,

It is just a six sense.

criteria

• Fun: more fun to watch play than some other clubs are.
    • Atmosphere: better/great atmosphere they generate at their matches than other clubs do.
    • Stories: some of the clubs and their so called story just captivate the public's attention more than any other clubs story do more interesting story.
    example Leicester City's 2015/16 Premier League title win was one of the greatest sporting stories of all time captivate more people than say any of stoke city's seasons in the premier League do.

4. Courtneysmith

Courtneysmith Member

marseille
    Scotland
    Aug 25, 2020
    #4 Courtneysmith, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  5. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
    california
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Meh, the EPL is basically a 1 team league, with Citeh and their oil money and their cheating allowed to rule unopposed. 6 Championships in 7 seasons is hegemony on the level of Bayern/Bundesliga [what is it, 10 or 11 straight until this year?], or P$G/Ligue Un [6 of the last 7].

IMO, the EPL doesn't need more clubs OUTSIDE the league to make it more interesting, they need more clubs INSIDE the league to oppose Citeh. The bottom feeders in the EPL aren't really much to look at, and a dynastic rule by Citeh is frankly embarrassing for some clubs in that league.

7. Klay Thompson

Klay Thompson Member

Burnley FC, Barcelona, Lazio, PSV Eindhoven, Pumas UNAM, Atlanta United
    Apr 8, 2024
    In my opinion, I think it should first be discussed which teams currently in the prem should be taken OUT before we discuss teams to go IN. Based on your criteria (and I am also including team history), here are the teams that are currently in the prem that are no question in my 20 (not ranked in a particular order, just numbered):
    1. Arsenal
    2. Liverpool
    3. Man United
    4. Man City
    5. Newcastle
    6. Everton
    7. Aston Villa
    8. Tottenham
    9. Chelsea
    (Wolverhampton and Forest may be added to this list later)

8. Klay Thompson

Klay Thompson Member

Apr 8, 2024
    These are the teams that I believe should either be taken out or be in the conversation to be taken out (again, in no particular order):
    1. Luton Town
    2. As much as I hate to say it, Burnley
    3. Sheffield United
    4. Brentford
    5. Brighton
    6. Fulham
    7. Bournemouth
    8. Crystal Palace

9. Klay Thompson

Klay Thompson Member

Apr 8, 2024
    As for the clubs West Ham United, Nottingham Forest and Wolverhampton, I am undecided