Which Asian Team Do Chinese Fans Support in WC06?

Discussion in 'China' started by Rostam, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Who on earth are those Bitches that voted for japan?????:confused:

2. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    So people who support Japan are bitches now? :rolleyes:

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    if you're a Chinese and support the Japanese, then yes...I don't know how it is as high as 17%, in reality, in China the figure would probably be 1%, if that...

4. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    So being Chinese and liking Japan makes someone a bitch.
    Makes sense :rolleyes:

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    hahah, that makes me a bitch haha

6. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    are you Chinese?:rolleyes:

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    well, my geamps was from beijing, and my grandmama was half...and the other two were viet and so i've got a teensy weensy chinese in me

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I think the big split is between Asian Americans and "actual Asians". Those that are in the US or in other Western countries, where "Asian pride" is such a large concept, its understandable how they would want to cheer for other Asian teams. However like I said, Chinese in China (and more than likely the majority of Koreans in Korea) would never support Japan.

9. ziyizhang

ziyizhang New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Admittedly sometimes hate is irrational. But you really can't fault the Chinese people for hating when they see the criminals who are responsible for the killings of their families being worshipped again and again by your Prime Minister, in a rather public and in-your-face kind of way too, as his political tool to revive the so-called Japanese national spirit, as if the pacifist doctrine that has served Japan so well for a certain period after WWII wasn't part of the Japanese spirit. History aside, worries over a Japanese repeat of its militarism is what is at the core of some of the emotions here. And the fact that your defense budget has been consistently number 2 in the world, despite the official name of the "self-defense" force, certainly doesn't help.

And it looks like after Koizumi, you're going to have a far worse guy at the helm, Aso or Shinzo Abe, whose grandfather was a convicted war criminal himself. And the most disturbing thing is, thanks to Koizumi's support, now Abe seems to be quite popular in Japan among the young people.........................

10. ziyizhang

ziyizhang New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    "Actual Asians", LOL.

I seem to recall Dreamer started a silly thread titled "China, Japan, Korea, Unite" a while ago. Obviously from the Asian American prospective.

11. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

lol thats our Old Lady Hertha.

yeah i agree with what chengbo said, about Koreans having practically no knowledge on football until 2002. but look what its done, i havent really followed soccer at all until 2002, but now i pretty much love soccer. i follow the EPL on a regular basis and (i cant believe this, but i actually follow DC United).

most of my friends who are Chinese and watch soccer are going for Korea in 2006, for some reason they dont like the Japanese. they hate them as much as some koreans do.. could anyone please tell me why?

12. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Go back to Korea then ask your eldership

In China~ it's quite simple~ especially in North East and North China region~ where every thorp has villiagers killed by Japanese~ and 80%+ of the families has family members killed in that war 60 years ago~ it's reasonable for them to hate a country who is still refuse to (officially) apologise for their ignominious history and still venerates those War criminals

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    well i do understand and respect those who hate the japanese but c'mon this is bloody football, so stop putting politics and history in the sport

14. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    well duh,

but its the attitude of these nations that keep the grudge through generation... and talking about world peace...its never going to happen because of these attitudes....THATS WHY THEY NEED TO JOIN HP-ISM!JOIN THE CULT AND SHARE THE LOVE!

15. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    you should tell it to Japanese~ remember when our Women Volleyball team won world champions in Japan~ japanese TV broadcasting actually didn't show us how the celebrating ceromoney goes~ instead~ they just kept focus on the ruuner-up team. and in 2004 ACL~ we heard Iwata fans shouting "******** Chinese" through TV broadcasting in Iwata VS Shenhua ACL match clearly

16. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    LDP will not win the next election anyway.
    I can't believe the Chinese believe us to be a military threat, thats the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard, the Japanese shit themselves all the time due to the sheer threat of Korea and China, amny here call Koizumi a war mongur, this is far from the truth, the last thing Japan needs is a war, we wouldn't win because we are not a militirised country, thats why we have so many U.S military there incase there ever was an invasion from an east asian neigbour and why we invest more in defense rather than attack, ulike a certain east asain country, also it's in our constition that we cannot have nuclear weapons, this sounds like a military threat doesn't it :rolleyes:
    Japan are of no threat to you, to even mention that is a joke
    And i think that some of you have proven that your parents do teach you anti-japanese from child hood, especially when you consider anyone who likes Japan in china are bitches, I support China and always have unless they are playing Japan, yes thats the way to peace isnt it

17. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Japan has the 4th Strongest NAVY in the world right? 5 times stronger than our's~ ;)

I'm not teaching my child to offend Japanese ~ because I have no Child yet hehee~

I myself was a "Ha-Ri Zu"(people who likes japanese Culture) before 2002~ But I'd say most of us changed our attitude towards Japan just in last three years!!! has something related with our educate(most of our eldership dislike Japan~ after all~ Why must they like japan ;)) but that's not the primary reason~ the Japanese politician really made some stupid decision which angered Chinese people like me,IMHO~ most of the times they consider themselves always right~and some times the Japanese diplomatism seems too Childish. not only China~ you've made all of your neighbors unhappy these years right? is that all other person's fault?

18. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Yes exaclty politics, wheather someone or not likes Japan should have nothing to do with politics should it, I don't hate China for being Communists and the years of abuse your goverment produced towards your people, no
    And your politicians came out the other week saying that the chinese to not hate nor blame the Japanese people for this mess, it's the politicians
    So why continue this anti-japanese thing, if you support Japan your an asshole :confused:, IT'S FUC'KING FOOTBALL!
    If you came out and said you do not like the Japanese national team i'd accept that, but to call someone a bitch for it is ridiculous and continues the whole hatred towards Japan in any way, shape or form

19. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hehee~ but that's the fact~ for example~ in 2000 AC semi-final~ when I was watching China plays against Japan in the bar~ beer in hand~ the girl sits with me shouted "Nippon Ganbare"~ Nothing happend~

but in 2004 AC if you shout out Jia-you japan in your home~ I bet ten strapper will break into and dressing down you and made you black and blue all over~ that's how Polotics influenced football~ in all probability happens in a country with 30 millions of football fans. ;) really hard for people to change it.

20. ziyizhang

ziyizhang New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    It's not about holding grudges but not wanting to see what has devastated your country not too long ago happen all over again.

Unlike Germany who has come clean about WWII and its atrocities against the Jews, Japan has not so much of issueing an official apology to China about WWII. And even more unlike Germany where if you have anything to do with Hilter you're discredited as a polotician, in Japan most of the modern day politicians, especially now, have direct or indirect ties to the war criminals.

And to show you how forgiving the Chinese people are, since you're accusing them of holding grudges, before Koizumi's devil worshipping, Japanese was very popular in China. And then Koizumi came along and started worshipping Tojo's gang, which is the Japanese equivalent of Hilter.................

Imagine this, if the German prime minister went to worship a shrine that houses Hilter's remains, what kind of outrage you're going to see among the Europen nations and America and the Jews all over the world? I'd think most, if not all, would boycott this upcoming World Cup Germany.

This very issue cooked up by the Japanese media about not mixing sports with politics is a fake issue. Sports and politics are always mixed. Remember the several Olympics that were boycotted by various nations, including the nations sided with the US and the nations sided with the former Eastern bloc? And trust me no Chinese want to mix sports and politics here when it comes to Japan but unfortunately Koizumi is forcing it on them.

21. ziyizhang

ziyizhang New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I wish you were right Gamba. But you're wrong. Barring anything drastic, a LDP victory is all but guaranteed now and Abe is most likely going to be the next PM.

Japan is the one that says it would get involved militarily in case of a conflict between the mainland and the Taiwan island(a legally recognized Chinese province by even Japan). China never said anything about Okinawa, whose name got famous after the bloodshed of WWII and whose proper name is Liuqiu.

You tell me, who is the one taking the aggressive posture here? Japan or China?

Scaring the Japanese people into falling in line by hanging an imaginary big bad China over them is Koizumi's gimmick. Unfortunately, it has worked.

You're not militarized only in name. Your defense budget has been consistently number 2 in the world. You have acquired the capability to go nuclear on a moment's notice. Your navy is one of the most advanced. And Koizumi has been taking all necessary steps to change your constitution...........

The US military is there because the US wants to keep you under control. And also because as much as the US wants to see Korea Japan China hostile to each other it doesn't want to see them go overboard just yet. The US is still very busy with the middle east.

Japan has acquired enough materials to make thousands of nuclear bombs within months, if not weeks.

Japan is the one that actively sponsoring the Taiwan separatist activites and has implied in its official defense white paper to get involved into a military conflict with China over Taiwan. In contrast, China did nothing to Liuqiu (Okinawa), even when on its own the people of that island almost passed an independence ballot a year or so ago.

Greenlion was half joking about that bitches thing I think. There are harsher names for Japan apologists. :D

22. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Don't be naive, football isn't just "sport". It is strictly connected to politics, history, etc etc. There are countless examples where football games have been used to reach out between countries or where they've heightened tensions between countries. The national team is often the most known representation of a country. I've seen Japanese fans use the "rising sun" flag on the terraces, come on, that would be like German fans flying the Nazi flag. How is that not bringing history and politics into the game? I don't necessarily hate Japan, but I can't imagine ever supporting them. How does one choose a national team of a country other than their own? Wouldn't they base it on a contry whose culture they are interested in or whose history they enjoy or style of play and on and on.

Anyways, all this argument shows is the difference between those who are in China and those who are in foreign countries. I guess greenlion's original comment should be changed a bit, if you're an overseas Chinese, that's a different story, but a Chinese in CHina who supports Japan can be labled as a bitch.

23. ziyizhang

ziyizhang New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    As to better recent history. Over the last 30 years, Japan is doing all it could to legitimize its war crimes, expanding its military, and provoking its neighbors. China is being construcitve and has grown its economy and freedom for its people who have suffered terrible poverty, which, Japan is responsible in a big way of causing over the last 150 years.

24. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    No, Mr Mao and the communist goverment of China is

25. ziyizhang

ziyizhang New Member

Dec 23, 2005

LOL.

When the Communists took over in 1949 (and barely over 100 years ago China was still the richest nation on earth, what happened in that hundred years you ask me? Among other things, the most important reasons are, attempted Japanese invasion, actual Japanese invasion, and then again Japanese invasion), poverty in China was so severe that it's a heartbreak even to begin to describe it. And after not even 60 years of this "communist" rule, the Chinese people are enjoying the kind the prosperity and freedom they haven't seen in 200 years.

And why did I say Japan was responsible in a big way for the sufferings of the Chinese people? You really need to read some history, even your own history, recent history.