Which are worst bigsoccer moderators of MLS and why?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Juan Luis Guerra, May 13, 2008.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He's not even in the MLS forums, but that el-cap sucks arse- worst mod in town- closely followed by Prawn- but still def. the worst! ;)

Homer moment- did I just say that out aloud? :)

2. pepelutivruski4

pepelutivruski4 New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    talltowerman in the mexico threads is a power hungry faqhole that runs this forum like it's his and for him.
    can i report him to anyone?

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post/thread suggests otherwise.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    What's a faq hole? Is that where frequently asked questions go to die?

5. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Sounds more like an exit, not an entrance :eek:

6. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd make a good mod but to be honest I'm a bit busy at the moment so I probably won't be able to give it my full attention, I'd still be pretty good at it though.

7. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    In all honesty, the only Mexico moderator I respect is SIDSPACEMAN. Through trial and error the man has learned to be a good mod.
    Other than that, as for some others, it seems like several mods are way too opinionated and biased to, albeit, moderate a discussion.
    Talltowerman has a short fuse and seems to be legitimately peed off by anything not going his way. I think the guy is well-meant, but needs to loosen up a bit more.
    Rafaelhernandez is a very opinionated mod who takes the role of contradictor. Just compare and contrast his opinions to those of the majority. That is not moderating

See, mods should edit for obscenities and foul language... mods should discourage the proliferation of socks... mods should edit for personal attacks and defamation of character... just look at the Mexico forums

There.

8. vawn12

vawn12 New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    some dude named teso de bitches (or something like that) moderated a forum on the Scottish Premier League. He admitted he hated Celtic and Ranger fans, and managed snide comments at most of their posts. the guy had about 12,000 posts and is a good example of a keyboard cowboy in serious need of a life.

so you have somebody moderating a forum of a league where he hates maybe 80% of the fans. smart.

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

He was moderator of that forum, he's not anymore.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlike the BigSoccer Bot, we mods are human (well, I don't speak for DK, but the rest of us are). Thus, mistakes are made.

11. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sachin hates 100% of people in every forum, and he's still a mod. ;)

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least he doesn't eat babies. He might actually get in some real trouble. :p

13. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    i am grateful to sidspaceman for banning me from the mexico forum years ago.:D

Thank you, Sid!

14. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    He banned me too for like 2 years, but now we are ok. I will start writing in the mexican forum soon.

15. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hi:)

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    whats going on in this thread?

17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree :D

18. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rare, but I would have to agree with Goofy here. Before his promotion I would say he was a good poster, although not really out there to take notice. However, in my opinion the two consecutive promotions have had a negative impact on his character and overall attitude towards fellow posters.

In futbol terms, I would make the comparison of him to Oswaldo Sanchez. The man yells, and yells but that does not make a good leader, if one at all.

Not to put anyone on the spot, but here is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15009182&postcount=298

Was that post really necessary? In my opinion, a good moderator would have settled the issue at hand somewhere backstage. By backstage I mean, via PM with the poster. By keeping the poster engaged in a non-lucrative conversation there exists the possibility of more issues to arise. That's definitely a no-no when trying to keep a forum clean of bad situations. This recurring situation happens at most threads.

I would say the Mexican forum right now is not well supervised. There is no real commitment to work with the posters and understand their needs and propose a viable plan as to where everyone is working together toward a goal of a better forum.

19. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    there is the TOS and rules that are followed or not.

sid was being nice by not infracting and binning w/o comment

there is a lot of leniency given to you guys so you can understand what is proper. what more do you want?

20. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    All i will ask from the Mexico Moderators is to strictly moderate and give out infractions to the people that derail the Mexicans Abroads threads. Thats by far our worst forum.

Thats it.
    Just Do It.
    Please.

21. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Yesterday I would have agreed with you 100%, but today? No.

The guy is generally cool. He's just a rookie Mod with a bit of power. Give him some time to settle in. Overall he'll be fine. He's got a good sense of humor and most of the time laughs even at himself, which is very important at being a geniune character here at BS

That is of course if his blatant "Mexicanism" doesn't keep him blind. ;)

NO FVKIN Racism intended.

Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

22. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Mods, fuck 'em. They're worse than cops(at least you can grease them.)

23. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Sip is the best soccer moderator of all time. Well, at least one of the best. There some good ones. Redbulls moderators have improved a lot for instance.

24. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    im pretty sure you can grease a mod, shit, how do you think uclakarla got away with so much racism for so long.

and u gotta know how to ask :D

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know what you expect from moderators, but when they asked me to help out, nobody told me I was supposed to stop having opinions, give up my biases, or stop getting pissed off at other posters. Nobody said I had to give up being a regular poster, and I don't intend to.

What exactly is it that needs to be protected or overlooked, and how much are you offering?