Which 3 clubs would you most like to see promoted from championship to premier league.

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by stevenp, Apr 2, 2024.

1. stevenp

stevenp Member

marseille
    Spain
    Dec 26, 2019
    Each season/edition of the football league championship list and name the three teams you would like to see promoted to the premier League from the English football league championship out of the teams in the EFL championship that season.

3 because currently three teams is the number of teams promoted.

Yes you want the 3 teams finishing 1st 2nd 3rd in the league promoted but which 3 out of the teams in that season's championship do you want to be the teams finishing in 1st, 2nd 3rd.

For me

Season 2023/24
    Bristol City FC,
    Blackburn Rovers FC,
    Sheffield Wednesday,

2. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rotherham United
    Huddersfield Town
    Sheffield Wednesday

Yorkshire teams, they'd probably struggle to get 5 points combined though.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Well, those three do look set to get out of the Championship ... but ... :unsure:

Kudos, by the way, for witholding that Yorkshire-love from Leeds. They don't deserve it.

As to the question, for me ... Wednesday and QPR are the only two clubs in the Championship that I could be said to 'like'. I've been to Hillsborough and Loftus Road too many times to count (well, I guess I could count 'em), and love both grounds. For the third ... I dunno ... maybe Blackburn or Ipswich? Preston? If I have to pick a third, I'll say PNE.

4. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would've said Barnsley rather than Huddersfield if they'd been in the Championship.

It also dawned on me a few hours later that it would be almost impossible for them not to get a combined 5 points given that the 3 teams will play 6 games between themselves. I should've probably said 5 points combined against the already established teams because yeah they're pretty crap and most likely League One bound at this stage.