Where's the Women's WC??????

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by AAGunner3, Sep 26, 2003.

1. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had this problem earlier but found its location myself. 'We' put forums for all manner of FIFA tourneys under this forum. Why not here? I find it a little odd.

The title of this forum is "FIFA and Tournaments" and its description "Discuss FIFA, her politics, and her international tournaments, including past and future World Cups."

2. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Yes you have a point. But we made a judgement call. We decided to group the WWC forums with the other women's forums rather than here. Seems like the vast majority of users have found their way there.

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Sure it's a little odd as a topical matter but we're just following long standing practical conventions on these boards.

Since the women's boards were established all women's game topics have been discussed on there. There are reasons for this. 1. Although there is some overlap the women's game actually has somewhat different posters than the men's. So it's a matter of convenience for them to have the WWC on the boards they're accustomed to. 2. The mods on the women's board actually know a lot more about the women's game than - well - at least I do. So it makes sense for them to moderate that tournament. 3. It spreads the work around. Modding a tournament takes a whole lot of time. One tournament a summer is enough for me. The Confed Cup wore me out. 4. The women's mods wanted to host WWC discussion on their board. We agreed to that and we also agreed to move all the WWC threads that appear on this board over there.

As for that tagline - well, it's gotta be changed. We've just been lazy about it.

4. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 (or maybe 2a). The mods here didn't want to put up with the absolute trolling bedlam that would take place here if people tried to have actual discussions about the WWC. :)

5. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    That too.