wheres the aknowlegement on the road?

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by dcchelseafc, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    this is 2 games now and there has been a total of 3 players who have aknowleged us on the road after the match....all at LA

NOT 1, not even 1 aknowleged us after the match, yeah there were 3 of us above the Barra banner, but to me thats goddam ********ing commintment. (esp if it wasnt for me and Mark there wouldnt even be a Barra banner out there) I give so much to this ********ING club they dont even wave. (yeah tough loss, but still WTF)

Im sorry for the rant, but this shit is getting really old, half the trips this year, and 2 out of 2 this year?
    how hard is it to realize for the players what we give up to die for this ********ing team and not get crap back, all I ask for is a ********ING wave after a match and I will be happy!

I will never not travel to every single goddam roadtrip I can...(which is 11 out of 15 this year) can someone from the ********ing team tell them what the hell they are doing, cause this is BS!

yes im drunk, but im ********ING pissed!

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is way lame dude. Some of those DCU noobs better get with the program

3. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, this is what happens when you focus on the players. they disappoint you. It is not their fault. They do not understand the way you (WE) feel.

for them, this is a job and a paycheck. for you this is a burning passion, a state of mind that cannot be explained to the non initiated.

big difference.

players come and go, owners come and go...only two things are always there: the Group (in this case the Barra) and the Colors you support (the TEAM as a concept not as a group of players).

Every once in a blue moon there is one player that embodies the 2 concepts above. But it is extremely rare.

4. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Our hero :D

[​IMG]

5. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Jokes aside, Moreno and Olsen didn't travel and I think those are about the only two players on the current team that fit the description.

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    When did Ben get a Bobby Boswell puppet?

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I don't remember last time anyone did it :) It's not uncommon in this league, it's just uncommon with DCU for some reason.

8. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entire team came over and shook our hands after the Coffee Pot Cup in Charleston. A bunch of them waved and clapped after the other 2 games as well. I think we got waved at by a couple of guys after the last game in Columbus. They tend not to wave much after a loss. :(

9. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    KP will be having a talk with the team about this problem.

10. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope someone has a talk with them about being more eager to take charge when passes are headed their way, defending tighter, and taking better first touches.

Do all of that, and perhaps they don't lose, and perhaps they acknowledge the fans more.

11. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC
    This kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would make me apologize to someone, even though I wasn't sorry.

12. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Blondie4DCU yadda yadda yadda

13. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word. This is what I'd like them to focus on most of all.

14. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    It's good to know Pauly was able to get his hands on some alcoholic beverages while in the conservative state of Utah.

15. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    noone's asking for a ************** after the match, just wave or clap to people that travel to shitloads of games and spend shitloads of money, time and energy following club. I'm not asking that they come to stands and light flares like Dinamo haha

Then again what Blondie said is true too, I felt stupid telling Jaime about it last year. I kinda just felt like saying I shouldn't be saying this in the first place and if you don't get it then ******** all of you :D

O well :)

16. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they never do much aknowledging after a loss or after giving up a lead for a tie

They're pissed,

they care

17. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    i ran in to the team yesterday at the airport, i purposely didnt mention it, they should just know to at least wave, last thing i want to do is go to them and be like WTH?
    they all looked real tired and beat, they said Tommy is running there asses into the ground during practice to get them fit for the year.

18. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    exactly. I insist IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. They just don't get it!

As far as I am concerned, I do not expect them to do anything other than honor the colors they are temporarily wearing by giving it all on the field and possibly winning games.

Could not care less about them waving or smiling. I actually would feel kind of weird about a grown man smiling at me (not that there is anything wrong with that...:D).

On my end, I will support the TEAM (as in the colors) and not the single players (never have, never will).

19. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, Gina. I got your back!

20. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    I will call Kasper and remind him of this. For at least the past 4 years, we've had to call dave or stephen and remind them to talk to the team about this. in 04 we had the problem once and peter handled it and used to ask me after away matches if they had come over and were we "satisfied".

In the past, one mention to stephen or dave has resolved this. i'm sorry this happened to mark and paul, they deserve better (as does the young lady who traveled whom I'm not sure i know).

I'll let you know what they say.

21. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might want to give them a copy of this picture as a little reminder as well:
    [​IMG]

22. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    why would i want to be an ass? he knows its important to us and we are important to the team. these are people who have always looked out for us.

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Message to team: Fck clapping, just give me your away ticket so I don't have to spend my money on one.

24. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love traveling for the team. I do it out of love for the colors, for the shirt, and for the badge. I do it because I feel that the addition of my voice to those of the singing will push the team a little higher on the road. That said, I don't feel aggrieved if they don't acknowledge me. Maybe I'm in the minority in wondering this, but is it really necessary to talk to the F.O. about this when there are many more important issues at hand?

25. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    there are some members for whom this is very important and it has caused a bit of angst in the past. i don't care that much about it either way, but some do. some folks in the united FO also think its a big a thing and they try and encourage it.

i mention every year if someone who travels mentions it to me. the FO always appreciates hearing about it.