Where's Chris Greer??

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bigredmachine, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Former DePaul striker, Chris Greer, appears to have disappeared. He played in the Croatian first division and scored a few goals in the 04-05 season, but no sign of him now. Anyone have any sightings since he tried out with German second division last summer?

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    he had a trial with Wolves last fall, that was the last I heard of him

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I think he's working on his architecture career!

EDIT: Whoops, Seagroves beat me to it.

4. Sorry, but I don't get the architecture joke. Can you fill me in? My family became friends of Chris when he played at DePaul, and would like to find him.

5. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA
    IIRC, this dates back to the end of the 03/04 season. There was a guy from Croatia who claimed he met a Chris Greer who was playing there (possibly for Zadar?) and that the guy told the poster that he had studied architecture in Texas. We determined that this Chris Greer was actually the guy who played for UIC, but somehow there was a long discussion of how UIC doesn't have an undergradute architecture program, and that maybe he was trying to impress the Croatian locals, and so on. It was a bit funny, but I can't find the thread anymore.

6. Chris is from Corpus Christi. He played 4 years at DePaul, not UIC. He didn't graduate, though. He did play in Croatia in 04-05. I think he went back to Texas last fall. Anyway, thanks for the clarification on the joke. If anyone hears where he is now, I'd love to contact him.