Where will you be during World Cup?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, May 23, 2006.

1. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    That's what I'm talking about.

Carnival in June!

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Dam just got back from Rio De Janiero dam thats all they talk about every 15 minutes something with the world cup guess I can't blame them! As for me I'll be in southern california watching the game from my 42 inch lcd Samsung with kick-ass surround sound blasting and tivo activated and have some nice cold Pacifico's sourrounding me with limes and watching Borgetti beautifully slam the ball in with a nice cross header!!

3. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    No they meant this World Cup, not where you will watch highlights of 2002.

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey, I've been in february in Rio de Janeiro, and is great that atmosphere, on the beach, on tv, on the streets, everywhere...:)
    (sadly for them, Brazil will not win this WC, I'm sure)

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Thats what I was telling some Brazilians over their don't put high hopes in their team this world cup! I'm not saying Mexico will win either you never know although I would love for that to happen but it just seems that Brazil this world cup has lost some touch.

6. Mark@the_Library

Jul 18, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    I'll be off work for the 1st 2 weeks watching at home, then I'll depend on my vcr to get me through the rest of the work week games. Just like last time and the time before that. And the time before that.

7. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    this might sound stupid but what can yoour vcr do that Tivo can't or are you on a budget?

8. john geraldinho

john geraldinho New Member

Mar 18, 2006
    At home, taping and watching every single game. VIVA U.S.A!!!!!:D

9. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not Stupid. I have 3 vcrs and no Tivo. TV except for soccer is not a priority in my life!

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I see now

11. b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Alphabet City
    Gelsenkirchen on the 10th, Hamburg on the 15th, and Berlin on the 20th for Ecuador's group stage games. My old man's followed the game all his life but has never been to a WC, so my brother and I are taking him. Si se pudo!

12. Warrior10

Warrior10 New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Canada

damn straight!

13. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    I'll be in Amsterdam till the 16th, couldn't threw on the faxes so I'm doing the next best thing.

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i will be in a cantina...drinking negra modelo, pacifico, dos equis, newcastle, downtown brown, bohemia, or victoria (if in mexico)...

...i will be rooting for el tricolor and any other american team...lets go get the rest of the world america!!!!!!! (and i mean the continent, no monroe doctrine here)....but good luck to the rest...

...salud!!!:cool: ...

15. Caulfield

Caulfield Member

May 31, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amsterdam before the Italy game, Munich, and train to Nuremburg for the Ghana game. Home in time to watch the US play in the second round.

16. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I'll be home watching games. I picked this summer to go start my master's degree so some games will be seen on the ol' DVR.

17. Iplayedforchelsea

Iplayedforchelsea New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Athens, GA USA
    I will be:

1. Athens GA- Home (depending on the party favor availability :D ), Transmetropolitan, Little Italy, Achim's K-bob!

2. Atlanta- Brewhouse Cafe (I don't know any other soccer bars else in ATL)

3. probably in the gutter around 5:30 every afternoon (for the first 2 weeks
    anyway)

18. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

I've watched matches at Fado's. I think it is in Buckhead.

19. Iplayedforchelsea

Iplayedforchelsea New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Athens, GA USA
    I more of a Little 5 Points kinda guy, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks.

20. Zeppelin

Zeppelin New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    I'll be watching TV in Germany, why in Germany not at home ? because i want to feel the fire, the fever and buy many souvenirs.

21. Frankie Boy

Frankie Boy Member

Jun 9, 2003
    first two rounds-in Deutschland with my wife seeing at least three USA first round games and possibly MEX/ANG and Serbia-Montenegro/Ivory Coast

Last 2 rounds=at home watching the USA advance to the finals!

22. Zeppelin

Zeppelin New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    I have a reservation at Guwertzstraminer season Motel where i'll be watching tv.