Where will Steven Gerrard end up?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by gaijin, Jul 5, 2005.

1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I have a horrible feeling he is going to say J.Cole. Or he thinks Chelsea play 442 when everyone is fit.

2. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    He is obviously not going just yet but Chelsea could always play that insane tactic of 3-5-2. I like it but most teams seem to get worse playing it.

Or even 3-1-4-2 with I would say Makelele playing a defensive role.
    or 3-4-1-2 with pretty much any of them playing attacking midfield behind the front two.

Basically an attacking game given the number of quality attacking players (as well defensive) they have.

3. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Chelsea play a 4-3-3 that looks something like this. Note: I'm not really sure who their LB is, so spare me.

-------------Cech------------
    Johnson-Carvalho-Terry--LB???
    Lampard--Makelele-Tiago----
    Robben----Drogba-----Duff

Now, if you actually knew what the ******** you were talking about (which you obviously don't, since you think they play a 4-4-2), you would know that Gerrard would be the ideal signing for Chelsea. Or, you could be severely delusional, and think that Tiago is better than Gerrard.

4. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

What is Jose's prefered formation again?

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Geezus, that was last season.
    And thanx, yes, I know what I'm talking about. (BTW, Chelsea plays more 4-5-1 than 4-4-3, but i digress...)

Joe Cole is obviously gonna be at LCM next season. He's just shown too much improvement the last two years to leave him out. And they'll surely get a big name striker. Either way, someone will be left-out or they'll be a revolving midfield if Gerrard was there, so doesn't make great sense.

Anyway, moot point, Gerrard signed with L'pool this morning...