Where will Hugo RodaGOL end up and Sergio Herrera?

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by minus, Feb 7, 2005.

1. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It seem to me that RodaGOL will not play in Colombia even though Junior has "1.6 Mil offer on the table".I keep reading about Boca being his new home.

Now this is why I bring Sergio Herrera also.Junior could use some of th money to snatch away Herrera if Rodallega goes outside of Colombia.

2. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

2 totally seperate situations. Lets deal with HUGOL first. He's young, fast and is obviously a great talent. BUT, agents will wait until the YWC in Holland before making any big offer, partly to see how he reacts when he plays in front of non-colombian crowds and top world youth talent. Boca, I don't think really need him. They have Guille, Delgado, Palermo and the new young kid..uhm, can't hink of his name right away. To keep him on the bench or playing in the reserves would not make sense. It also wouldnt make enough sense for the agent because they know that the YWC tournament is only 6 months away and if keeps his top form, the agent can sell his rights directly to a stronger financial club then Boca, giving him a larger stake for himself to keep.

Herrera, on the other hand, is just desperate to get back to Colombia, and back into form. He hasn't played in 6 months, and so the leverage in not on his side. They dont pay players top dollar in Colombia, and they would not pay Herrera $1.6MM. At most they would offer money for only part of his pass. It's almost like he starts all over again.

3. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You're absolutely right on Rodallega.He is better off staying in Colombia.The problem is that a group of investor will be looking to purchase his rights?It seem like they would like for him to head to Argentina.I think he is better off taking the deal with Junior but who knows what the group of investors are offering for his rights.

On the Herrera issue:

No way that I would like to see 1.6 Mil use on Herrera.I've said part of the money because Deportivo Cali is involve also.They're not afraid of digging to their pockets if they have to.

4. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's rojo thru and thru...it's too bad America can't afford him

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is why Wason is not going to River either, it would be a waste for him, cause they'll make him play lower divisions first, like Falcao, and we've seen all the good that's done for him. I really hope he donsn't go to Boca to waste himself, he has developed so far in playing in Quindío, if he stays these 6 months until the YWC, he'll probably be better or at least at the same level we just saw............

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    no way for Boca

they have this other young sensation: palacios

the guy is super talented and already scored in torneo de verano important goals, he is also bench material to palermo and chelo delgado. So hugo will just have to go some other club on a loan, if boca buys will be for the investment, but not for the short term use of the player.

sergio is going to Join delaPava at club Cali, if he is able make it out that shytte hole!
    como dice el peruano sami de Gol TV....con rodallega hay 'QUE QUEMAR LAS ETAPAS NO AL JUGADOR'

por mi que se quede con el quindio y muestre de que esta hecho, en junio decidimos quien es al verlo en Holanda, tal vez la banca del tricolor de Rueda para amistosos de mexico y USA?!

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Could be, cause we're not bringing "Europeans" are we? only "Colombians/Mexicans/Argentines," I heard the game was gonna be in Mexico????

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    why not? the city is in mexico: LOS ANGELES! :D