Where to watch the Crew in Dayton?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Punch, May 23, 2011.

1. Punch

Punch Member

May 18, 2007
    Worthington, OH
    Hey all,

I'm going to be stuck in Dayton this upcoming weekend and can't make it to Crew Stadium. :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place to watch the game in Dayton? I'm going to be up near the 70/75 interchange.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. naas

naas Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Centerville/Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've lived in Dayton all my life and I still don't have a clue. Supposedly The Dublin Pub in the Oregon District and The Pub by the Greene are considered soccer bars. But the few times I've been there, they were showing EPL games or whatever is on FSC and I was told they didn't have Direct Kick.

3. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Columbus

4. soccerbetic

soccerbetic Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im going to be home in dayton this weekend and i was wondering the same thing. i thought that their used to be a bar on brown street near UD that showed crew games but im not sure. however if youre looking for some live soccer this weekend the USLPro Dayton Dutch Lions are going to be playing downtown at the single-A baseball stadium saturday night. it should be cool to see them in this stadium which is really nice and its a double header with the womens team playing before the men

5. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    Not sure if they have ONN or not but worth a call. Close to where you are staying. I watched a WC10 game there last year. englewood is soccer friendly.

T J Chumps Inc
    559 South Main Street, Englewood, OH 45322-1502
    (937) 836-4300 ‎
    tjchumps.com
    DirectionsSearch nearby

more▼

6. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Tanks, surprisingly enough, played all the World Cup games. Then again those were day games and not during the busy bar times (Reds games).

7. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time Warner in Dayton does have ONN, maybe this helps.

8. kakkers

kakkers Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I live in Englewood, TJ chumps doesnt show much soccer and i'm not sure if they have ONN. I have tried finding bars in Dayton that have mls direct kick with no luck. The best place we have found to watch any futbol is at the local mexican restaurant on 40. El Cazadore, great food, cheap margaritas and a great staff. Take the Englewood exit off 70, right off the exit go about 3 lights and make a left and its about 2 miles down the road on the right on rt 40.
    They will show the game provided they can find ONN on their direct tv, and if there isn't some big american sport playing that someone else has requested. They almost always have some sort of futbol game showing. Would love to join you there, but my daughter has a ballet perfomance that evening, so we will be taping the game. Good luck!