Where to watch Italian soccer in the US?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by 4Massi, Nov 5, 2004.

1. 4Massi

4Massi New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Re: Le Azzurre (Italian WNT) [R]

Hi, I am desperately trying to find out how to get Rai International or any channel that shows Italian soccer for my husband who is moving to the States. Any ideas? (I checked Fox World Sport or some such channel and they had practically every country but Italy!)

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

Welcome to BigSoccer.

Three US channels carry Italian soccer - The International Channel (available on some cable networks) carries one Serie A game each week. If you don't get that, or that's not enough for him, what you really need are Gol TV and/or RAI International. These two networks are available on a handful of cable systems, but BOTH of them are available from Dish Network.

My advice is to look into the availability of one or more of these 3 channels (Gol TV, RAI International, International Channel) on your cable system. OR - just get a satellite dish through Dish Network (NOT DirecTV!!). My Italian-born husband and I got Dish as soon as we bought our house 6 years ago and couldn't be happier with it.

If your husband wants to watch Italy's national team games, not just Serie A, or if he's interested in also watching the highlight shows like "Novantesimo Minuto" and "La Domenica Sportiva" then RAI International is the network is you want.

3. 4Massi

4Massi New Member

Nov 5, 2004

Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it! Yes, "domenica sportiva" is a must, I have dozed over it many a Sunday! I am off to check out Dish!
    E

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

LOL. Me, too! I love the sport, obviously, but the Italian soccer pundits have a way of just nattering on endlessly.

Good luck. Feel free to post or send me a message if you have any more questions about Dish or RAI.