Where to watch 5/19?

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Magikfute, May 15, 2007.

1. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys...I'm coming down to DC this weekend with a guest visiting from Ecuador. I was hoping he would be in town for a home game, but that's not how it worked out. So, since we can't go to Toronto, I'm looking for the next best thing. Any suggestions on where in DC to watch the game that would have the best atmosphere for my friend? Ideally, I'd like to find someplace with as much of a Latino/South American vibe would be ideal, but anywhere there's a bunch of Barra gathering would work. (I saw something about RFD in another thread; is that "the place"?)

Thanks for your help!

2. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
  3. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you want to hang with the Barra to watch this, head to RFD's. as far as finding a "Latino/South American vibe" i don't know how much they're going to help you since they're hanging out and watching a TV, but that's where you can find them.

if that doesn't work out for you, there are also plenty of other bars in the area listed in the Wiki and the thread that Gavin linked.

4. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Finn mac Cools in Capitol Hill near Barracks Row will have a large contingent of Barra viewing the match.

5. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ive yet to go to Finns, and Id really like to check it out. I hope theres almost as large of a crowd at both places this weekend as there was at RFD for the home openning match mess. Are there any pics of the inside of Finns online anywhere? Do they have bigscreen TVs? Do they give you sound with the match? Just curious. Thanks!

Ill be bringing out myself and 3-4 others as well.

6. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    105" tv, with 4 flat screens, and full sound......for the LA match there not booking any bands, just us all night.

www.finnmaccoolsdc.com theres ome pics, but not great of the inside.

upstairs, foosball, darts, and shuffleboard

7. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I'm not sure I can talk my friend into playing, but we may be down that way seeing the sites around then. Sounds like RFD is the place; we'll head there for the game.

8. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I guess that didn't come out quite right. What I really meant was I'd like to watch the game somewhere where there are some Spanish-speakers around, since my friend doesn't know any English.

9. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    Otra cerveza por favor. Thats all I (need to) know.:D Inca will be at RFD. I'm not sure if he speaks Spanish but he damn sure dont speak English good.:D

10. GWAIHIR

GWAIHIR New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Under Your Skin
    I know MINIMAL spanish, but bring your friend, there is bound to be someone in attendance that knows Spanish. We'd love to have you all there.

11. inca15

inca15 New Member

Oct 12, 2006
    barra brava
    English good ) What u mean Engilsh well

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    We're trying to trade Gavin for a wide midfielder! Looks like he may be going to Chile! :D

13. inca15

inca15 New Member

Oct 12, 2006
    barra brava
    Send him to England so he can learn propper English.

14. Pan-T Clause

Pan-T Clause New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Silver Spring
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be watching @ a small bar known as my apartment where I don't have to spend $3-6 per beer. Plus most places don't serve my beer anyway. And I have to live the "High Life" Whilst watching away games at least. I would have to get permission from my wife to see if anyone is allowed to come and watch with me but we shall see.

15. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    talk about a strict door policy....

;)

16. Pan-T Clause

Pan-T Clause New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Silver Spring
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah well I have covered this on these boards before. I am whipped and proud to be. Ok maybe not proud, but what is one supposed to do? Aside from invite everyone over and deal with the consequences later.

17. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i joke because i empathize.

18. Pan-T Clause

Pan-T Clause New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Silver Spring
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure we are not alone on that front.

19. asfoolasiam

asfoolasiam New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    Last time at RFD, several Barra members ended up having to pay the tab for a bunch of losers who cut out without paying. That's bullshit. It should NOT have had to happen and it had better not happen again.

The losers who didn't pay their share are obviously most at fault. But RFD is also to blame, for insisting on shoving everyone onto one tab.

I'm reluctantly willing to give RFD another try tomorrow, but only if they figure out how to keep separate tabs. There's no reason that good Barra members should have to pick up the slack for punks who don't pay their bills. If RFD wants our continued patronage, they'd damn well better learn how to keep multiple tabs.

[/rant]

20. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think RFD screwed up on a whole bunch of fronts last time. it sounds like they've got their act together now though.

i will agree with the punks. that's just inexcusable.

21. GWAIHIR

GWAIHIR New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Under Your Skin
    Asfool- Now that IS inexcusable!!! They definitely need to have separate tabs, perhaps we can talk with The Wall and have that issue settled before the game begins. I don't want to have to go to the bar everytime I need a beer as I am sure others do not as well.

Hopefully the bar manager has enlightened his staff and we won't have the problems we had last time.

22. ThewallDCU

ThewallDCU Member

Oct 9, 2006
    DC - Old City
    Shouldn't be a problem. Back room has its own bar and will have multiple bar tenders servers. For the Chivas game there everyone had their own tab. I have relayed the concern just to be safe. This is one of the issues RFD has addressed.

23. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    I have been to RFD twice. Once for Chivass and one for the opener. For the Chivass game it was run very well. Back room to ourselves, our own bar, our own tabs and more than one server bringing food. It was as good as it could get (never-mind the result). The opener I imagine was a "work in progress". People running out on tabs sucks. The server was only doing what he could and the management, I think, was unprepared for what we do. Whatever. Tomorrow is a clean slat as far as I'm concerned.

24. FCBfan

FCBfan Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Backroom for the Chivas game was perfect. Opener was a disaster.

25. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vlad and I should be at RFD's gettin our groove on for Andy's gig! Here's hoping our team shows up!

GM