Where to watch 4/25 game in Northern Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Punch, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Punch

Punch Member

May 18, 2007
    Worthington, OH
    I'm looking for some suggestions on where to watch the Crew beat the Fire while in Northern Cincinnati.

My kids are going to be at a soccer tournament so I won't be able to watch in person. :(

I see there's a Claddagh in Mason. Is that pretty good?

I might have a reasonable sized contingent and good beer is very important.

Thanks in advance.

2. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    What part of northern Cincinnati?

3. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't say I've been for soccer, but I know they had signs up promoting EPL when I stopped in once while working in the area. Since it's on FSC, they'll definitely be able to put it on. Wouldn't be a bad idea just to call a few days before hand though.

4. Indy footballer

Indy footballer New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suggest Crew Stadium for the contingent, I'll bring good beer. ;)

5. Punch

Punch Member

May 18, 2007
    Worthington, OH
    Crew Stadium was plan A since we live in Columbus. However they've got games as late as 4:00pm on Saturday and again at 10:00am on Sunday. I could leave them and do the drive myself (with the a couple other parents), but think just hanging down there in someplace cool will be more fun (and we'll be a little fresher the next morning).

It's ironic because they play on the "Worthington Crew Juniors" (rebranded Worthington United) and wear the Crew logo, Glidden logo, etcetera. I was a little bummed when they decided to play in a Cincinnati tournament on the weekend of the Chicago game. I could have understood maybe missing the Wizards game but the Fire? (Or better yet a week their away.) Alas tounament schedules aren't made around my soccer viewing preferences.

But we'll make the best of it with a good bar/pub.

6. Punch

Punch Member

May 18, 2007
    Worthington, OH
    We're staying off of I-75 slightly south of I-275. Would that be considered Glendale?

7. Robbo Crewfan

Robbo Crewfan Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 21, 2007
    C-busite in Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Springdale, depends upon where you'll be at.

My guess is Claddagh in Mason may be your best bet -- just call ahead. Or there might be some places in Blue Ash or Montgomery (which are just a little east from where you'll be).

8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    West Chester is north of 275 and there may be a place there to watch. Dave and Buster's may be a good place to watch with kids.